13

Feelings

 

 

It was around nine in the morning when Haebin slid down from her car, she was about to walk to the boutique’s front when someone yanked her back.

She yelped as she realized who it was.

“A—Appa.”

The male before her smirked slightly, his hair was gray and he stunk of alcohol. Memories immediately went back to Haebin, she winced and pulled away from.

“Hello, my daughter.”

“I’m not your daughter.” She spat, her fingers had begun to tremble.

“I need money, I’m sure you have some.” He stepped to her, Haebin automatically stepped back, her back colliding with the car’s side.

“I~”

“I still remember you married your rich friend. Don’t try to trick me. I also saw you got out of this car.” He his lips together.

“Why should I give you money? You’re the reason my mom died.” She spat.

He chuckled and grabbed her arms.

“You will give me money, little girl. Or else I~”

Someone yanked Haebin from his grasp and her stepfather was sent plummeting to the ground after a fist connected with his jaw.

“Or else what?”

 

Luhan looked at the man who was on the ground, his eyes were cold with hatred.

“It seems that my daughter has a lot of men surrounding her. You learnt well from your mom, I see.”

“Haebin’s not your daughter.” Luhan snapped at him, the elder man slowly sat up.

“Tell me, young man, you’re not her husband why are you here?” He challenged as he stood up.

Haebin saw Luhan’s fists curl up, she grabbed his arm.

“Luhan, don’t.”

“Because unlike you, Haebin’s a decent human being. Do you want me to call the police or you want to leave first?”

The man chuckled heartily.

“I’ll be back, sweetie.” He said before wiping the blood on his lip and walking away.

Haebin leaned against the car weakly, Luhan turned to her.

“Did he hurt you?” He asked worriedly. She shook her head.

“Where were you? I’ve been trying to contact you.”

Haebin looked up, Luhan smiled and wrapped his arms around her.

“Relax. He won’t be able to hurt you know, my Binnie.”

Haebin almost smiled, then she pulled away.

“I was trying to finish the dress quickly, I’ve been at the office all this time.”

 

Minhyuk barged in the office, he found Luhan sitting by the floor length windows, while Haebin worked on the dress.

“The security guard from the front desk called me as soon as he saw your…him. Are you okay?” Minhyuk asked her, Jinhee cleared .

Luhan looked up, Minhyuk walked to Haebin and yanked her up.

“I’m fine, Luhan arrived, he~”

Minhyuk hugged her tightly, Jinhee studied Luhan’s expression. The other male looked away, his jaw, clenched.

Jinhee smiled to herself.

“Shouldn’t you be at work?”

“When you almost got attacked by your of a stepfather? Like I would let that happen to you, Haebin.” Minhyuk murmured. Haebin and Luhan blinked at his choice of words.

“Unnie, did you come together?”

“We did~”

“Nope, I came here to invite you guys for lunch!” Jinhee clasped her hands together while sending her boyfriend a look.

 

Together, the four stepped out of the building; Haebin checked her phone briefly before looking up.

Jinhee suddenly halted, almost causing her trip.

“Well,” Luhan was about to reach for Haebin, but then Jinhee walked up to him.

“Ah, I used the Ferrari today, ” Minhyuk winced, he was about to turn to Luhan but Jinhee sidestepped him.

“Binnie, just ride with me.” Luhan offered. Minhyuk looked up.

“No, Hae, come. Luhan, can you drive Jinhee then?”

Luhan blinked, his eyes landed on Minhyuk’s hand, which was clutching around Haebin’s, their fingers laced together.

Jinhee grinned at the tension around them.

 

“…Sure, Jinhee, let’s go.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++