31

Feelings

 

Luhan watched as the car sped away.

“Hyung,”

He spun and found Sehun standing a few meters away from him.

“You should have told her right there.”

“Sehun, she and Minhyuk~”

“They got a divorce last week. You’re the only one who doesn’t know…everything.”

“What are you saying?” Luhan asked, then Minhyuk appeared.

“Haebin and I..we have a fake real marriage.”

“Fake real?” Luhan shook his head.

“Minhyuk, if this is because~”

“No, Luhan let me speak,” Minhyuk shook his head.

“I asked Haebin to marry me so that I could wait for Jinhee, because if I didn’t, then I would be married off to some girl and I didn’t want that. And Haebin agreed because she needed help, she wanted to escape her stepfather.”

Luhan’s eyes doubled in size.

“Back then, we kept it a secret from everyone, only Sehun and…the others know. I don’t know why…Haebin didn’t want you to know…but this is..the truth.”

“You lied to me?” Luhan shook his head.

“Well, when you look at it, you lied to us.”

Sehun looked at the older male.

“If only you realized sooner, if only you told her you wanted her, then this would never happen. Haebin…Haebin would have been with you right now. And look, Luhan, for the second time, you let her walk away from you again. And what’s bad here is that, the man with her is not me anymore. I already let go of Hae, do you think Daehyun will?”

 

 

Haebin brought the cup to her lips, she was inside a vast living room that was decorated luxuriously.

“You have your mother’s eyes.”

She glanced up at the middle-aged man before her.

Her father

“Haebin’s a designer, appa. She has a store in Gangnam and she has a line that’s been sold in department stores around the country.” Daehyun smiled.

“Really?”

“Yes, I’ve…been working on a few projects here and there…abeoji.” She nodded, Jung Taesun stood up and walked to her, then he took her hands and pulled her up.

“I’m….I cannot say how sorry I am to you, Haebin-ah.”

Haebin felt tears line her eyes.

“I should have fought for your mother, but I didn’t know she would leave me right away.”

“You don’t know how long I have been looking for you, I was heartbroken when I heard she died. Haebin….appa’s sorry. I’m…so sorry.” Her father wrapped his arms around her, Haebin felt her own tears fall.

“It’s…okay, abeoji. You found me anyway.”

 

Luhan arrived at his house, he parked his Audi and slid down from the car. He was about to walk to the front door when he noticed Jaekyung standing by the garden.

“Luhan,” She said.

Luhan’s brows furrowed slightly at the sight of her. Jinhee and Sehun’s words came back to her.

“Hey.” He said.

“I was…calling earlier.”

“I left my phone in the car.”

“Is Haebin fine now?”

Luhan’s thoughts went to the wedding dress.

“You don’t have to do this, Jaekyung.” He said.

“Luhan, what~”

“I know what you did.”

Jaekyung paused.

“Hurting Jinhee and….Haebin, you were calling her names, I cant~”

“This is about Haebin again, that’s nice.” She spat, Luhan shook his head.

“She’s not nothing, Jaekyung. Haebin~”

“She is nothing, Luhan. She’s just using all of you to get~”

“Let’s break up.” Luhan said. Jaekyung paused, she shook her head at him.

“Luhan, I~”

“I’m sorry, Jaekyung. But I just realized that I’ve been living under a lie.”

 

 

“So…siblings.” Daehyun said as they stepped out of the house. Haebin chuckled, Daehyun offered his arm to her.

“I have a brother who’s already a doctor.”

“My sister happens to see males on daily basis.” Daehyun teased, Haebin sent him a look. He chuckled and rubbed her head.

“But…Daehyun…oppa,” She murmured as she wrapped her arm around his.

“Appa..he told me to come live with you two,”

“I love that idea.” Daehyun chuckled.

“I think Sehun already told you about my divorce?”

“From day one.” He nodded, Haebin sighed.

“I explained everything to abeoji. He says….he would like to meet your friend someday and…he kind of took care of your stepfather.”

“Took care?” Haebin blinked, Daehyun smiled and just wrapped his arm around her neck.

 

 

“You don’t want to know, my little sister.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++