chapter 40

Accidental Love 우연의 사랑

 

Soyeon POV

They say that time passes quickly when you’re happy, so why is that the case now?

Who knew that a week was such a short time?

Narrator’s POV

Soyeon was sitting on the edge of her bed, her luggage next to her feet as she fiddled with passport.

“It’s the right choice Soyeon ah….” She murmured to herself over and over again, as if to reassure herself that what she was doing was right.

She heard a car honk downstairs and knew it was her cue to go.

Soyeon POV

“Jiyeon?” I said worriedly as soon as I joined Jiyeon in the taxi.

She had the darkest eye circles under her eyes and looked as if she did not have much sleep last night.

“Yeah, just couldn’t sleep last night…” She said softly and I nodded knowingly.

I was thinking about this before I slept last night, but I was the kind of person that slept immediately when they were tired so I had no problem sleeping.

Jiyeon on the other hand, was such a light sleeper and always had bouts of insomnia that I worry for her health…

/ 1 hour later/

Jiyeon POV

We reached the airport and Soyeon Unni went to the restroom while I waited outside with our luggage.

Then, I saw a hand placed on top of my suitcase and said, “Excuse me, that is mine.”

But that hand didn’t seem to budge and when I looked up, I was shocked to find Lee Joon’s face right in front of mine.

“Ya! What are you doing here?” I said and tried to get his hand off my suitcase, but his grip on the suitcase was too tight.

“You think I’m going to let you and Soyeon go like this?” He continued, and seeing my still puzzled face, he whispered, “I saw the details on your flight ticket you dumdum.”

“So what? We’re still leaving, so go away.” I said.

“Hmm…. Really? I don’t think so.” He said and smirked as his eyes gestured me to look to his side, and I nearly fell down when I saw Oppa standing there, not looking happy at all.

“What is the meaning of this?!?!?!” He said, practically about to eat me.

“Hyung. I’ll take care of her, you take care of Soyeon.” Lee Joon said.

Oppa nodded and said, “Thanks, Joon. Jiyeon, you’re not off the hook…”

At that moment, Soyeon Unni walked towards us and Oppa immediately caught her and when she looked at me with a confused glance, I just gave her the same look.

Then I turned to Lee Joon.

“Ya, when did you and Oppa become friends again?” I asked.

“Hmmmm long story, firstly, I need to get you out of this place, you’re going nowhere.” He said and pulled me along with one hand, the other conveniently holding on to my suitcase.

“Why are you stopping me from leaving? It’s none of your business…” I immediately said as soon as we were in the taxi.

“It is.” He said, and didn’t say anything else, leaving the atmosphere cold and silent until we reached my house.

“Where is Oppa taking Soyeon then?” I asked.

“He has a lot to do to win her back…Firstly; I have to deal with you.” He said and gave me his serious look as we sat down on the couch.

“Wh-at.” I mumbled.

“Jiyeon, are you going to tell me your reason for wanting to leave?” He said, and I could feel his face just inches away from mine.

I shook my head and crossed my arms, trying to control my heartbeat.

Why the hell must he sit so close to me?

“Do you really want to leave?” He continued.

I nodded slowly, and looked away from him.

All of a sudden, I was pulled into his embrace and he whispered words next to my ear “Promise me, that you won’t think of leaving my side ever again.”