Reflection.

Accidental Love 우연의 사랑

 

Jiyeon POV

I paced impatiently outside Soyeon Unni’s house worriedly after I rang the doorbell.

She didn’t come to school today and I was worried to death because she was the type of student that would never ever miss classes, even if she was sick.

When I saw her face appear behind the door, I sighed in relief as she looked perfectly fine and I quickly went it.

“Unni, why didn’t you come to school today?” I asked as we walked up the stairs to her room.

“I…had to finalize some things today.” She replied vaguely, leaving me still not knowing what was going on and what she was talking about.

I followed her into her room and it looked exactly the same as before, when I realized a huge suitcase at the side of her bed, along with 2 carrier bags.

That’s when I noticed that her room seemed a little empty for someone who was living in this room…her school books and other stuff were still on her table, but her cupboards were empty and the decorations in her room were gone.

“Wha- Are you moving house or something Unni?” I asked as that was the first thing that came to my mind.

“I’m leaving, Jiyeon ah.” I heard her say and I didn’t get what she meant by leaving when a thought of her leaving the country, leaving us, popped into my mind and I grabbed her hand before saying, “Unni, you’re…not actually leaving Korea right? What do you mean?”

“I’m leaving to America at the end of this week.” She said, confirming my worries.

“But Unni, this is your last year; you’re just leaving not finishing high school here? Why are you leaving? Why? Why?! So the thing that you have to finalize was something to do with this?” I realized I was getting emotional, but I just couldn’t understand why Soyeon Unni was leaving.

“I can’t stay on here any longer, I don’t want to continue waiting, which is what I have been doing all this while, and I feel as if I wasted my life, waiting for someone who doesn’t even care.  He will forever be overwhelmed in guilt; he will forever believe that he owes her his whole life, and I don’t want to wait anymore. Even if it takes a long time to forget him, days, weeks, years, it will be easier to do that if I’m far away from him and don’t have to see his face every single day; do you know how much it hurts? Seeing the person you love in front of you every single day, so near, yet so far, knowing you’ll never have a place in his heart because it’s already occupied? Do you know Jiyeon?” Soyeon Unni said and looked at me, believing that I didn’t know how she felt.

But little did she know how her words hit straight to my heart.

Was I going to be like Soyeon Unni and end up waiting for Lee Joon, knowing he already has someone in his heart?

All of my feelings, all the times I had with him, were all based on this fake relationship, how can I ever wish something more from it?

Will I be happy to have to keep waiting for him to grow feelings for me?

Will I actually want him to forget someone he loves so much?

“Jiyeon?” Soyeon Unni said a hint of worry in her voice as I seemed to blank out in front of her.

Looking at Soyeon Unni in front of me, it was as if looking at my reflection.

The sadness and hopelessness radiating from her, the way she tried to avoid the person she loved to make it easier to forget him, I was doing the same.

“Unni, take me with you.” I finally managed to force the words out.



 

okay so you all should know by now the time between each update. around a week? i know it's long, i'm very sorry...

but things have been getting worse recently.

I just had a break down yesterday from all the stress I was having, like 3rd breakdown since I started my 2nd year of high school?

but don't worry, I WON'T abandon this story like the other one...// I treasure this story a lot, i just hope you readers enjoy it too ><

and of course, happy belated bdae to our lovely lee joon <3