Chapter 043

The Vanity in My Love

~~Chapter 043~~

Sunyoung shifted the necklace on her neck once more, looking at her reflection in the full-length mirror. It was still surreal to her that she was going to be married today.

"Sunyoung?" Mrs. Park looked at her growing daughter lovingly and kissed her forehead gently.

"Umma." Sunyoung said, smiling cheekily.

"My Park Sunyoung. You really are growing up. Promise me that you'll be a praiseworthy and wonderful wife. Promise me you'll be a loving mother and more. I love you and am proud of all you have done for me. I'll miss you, my daughter." Mrs. Park teared up, hugging her daughter.

"Umma, don't be like this. It's not like I'll never see you again." Sunyoung chuckled at her mother's words.

"Park Sunyoung, just watch. In a couple of hours, you'll be exactly how your mother is." Victoria smirked, leaning against the wall. 

"Sunyoung-ah! It's time to go down!" Mr.Park knocked on the door.

"Yes, I'm coming! Let's go, umma! Unni, bring everyone with you! You guys get front-row seats to this wedding, of course.." Sunyoung grinned, walking out the door.

~~~

Jonghyun sneezed before he put on his shoes. The sneeze made both Minho and Key get up, alarmed.

"Hyung! Are you sick? You can't be sick! Today's your wedding." Key exclaimed, feeling Jonghyun's forehead.

"Relax, guys. I just sneezed. That doesn't mean I'm sick. You sneeze for many reasons." Jonghyun shrugged Key's words off. 

"Jonghyun, Jonghyun, Jonghyun. You're being a husband today. So old, aren't you? Don't forget us when you're with your wife! And your fans, don't forget them." Onew teased.

"Hyung, I'm not like Minho. He's fallen for Krystal so hard that he hasn't come to our houses for anything since living with her. Expect our first child in SHINee soon, if Minho continues to be like that." Jonghyun glanced at Minho.

"YAH! I would've punched you if it wasn't your wedding and you had to look nice for it." Minho warned.

"Relax. I was just teasing, Choi Minho. But, this day will always be special to me." Jonghyun sighed, smiling to himself, as he thought of the rest of his lifetime with Park Sunyoung.

This day will also be special to me, Jonghyun. Today is the day that my lovely Park Sunyoung is married. Today is the day when my world will end because I am a coward and cannot fight for the girl I want. At least two people are happy, right Onew? Onew thought, his heart heavy. He might not have attended this wedding, if he didn't have to. It was too painful to see.

But people have to do things they don't like. And so, Onew took a deep breath and let all his feelings disappear into thin air. 

Be strong for Jonghyun, Onew.

~~~

The wedding hall was extremely congested despite the commodious space. There were also more guests who had said they'd maybe come but did not confirm. However, they did end up coming, increasing the order of food needed as well as seats. 

The manager of the venue was very busy, pointing orders to almost every staff member in the wedding venue. There was also security guards present to keep out the unwanted media and paparazzi. Fans were also unaware of the exact location of the wedding, so it was safe to forget about the fans for awhile.

Sunyoung held her father's hand nervously as they made their way down the aisle. She grinned brightly at Victoria and Zhou Mi, who caught her eye. She also held Onew' eyes for a second and her smile faded. However, when she looked up at Jonghyun, she smiled again. This time, she wasn't sure whether the smile was real or not.

"I love you, Sunyoung." Mr.Park ruffled Sunyoung's hair and then fixed it once more so that it returned to its' perfection.

"I love you too, appa."

The wedding started out with a couple of performances by two of Jonghyun and Sunyoung's closest friends: Amber Liu and Lee Jinki (Onew). 

Amber stood at the front of the aisle and cleared , as she began to sing. Jonghyun and Sunyoung had requested the songs they wanted Amber and Onew to sing.

"I hung my head low, avoiding the sky, hiding
The nights were endless in my dark heart, yeah yeah
I couldn’t spread my wings in this world that was like a small birdcage
With struggling movements, I’ll sing for you, who will come to me some day

So my dreams that spread its wings can shine even more in the blue sky
So my coldly shut heart can beat again, I’ll go up in the sky to the stars"

"Thanks so much, Amber." Jonghyun said.

"Go Amber!!! That was so beautiful!" Sunyoung cheered, clapping her hands proudly.

Next, Onew sat at the piano and lifted his mic onto the microphone stand. This was a special performance for him because it was Jonghyun's and Sunyoung's wedding. Suddenly, before he was about to play the first keys of the song, butterflies filled his stomach and he became panicked.

Onew, relax. Why are you so nervous? Onew thought, as he looked at the patiently waiting guests. 

"Hyung, why did Onew stop?" Taemin whispered.

"I don't know. He might be nervous." Minho suggested, looking worried.

"Should we call him?" Sulli asked Victoria.

"We'll just wait and see. His parents will probably manage it." Victoria assured, smiling.

Sunyoung looked at Onew, mouthing a single word with a bright smile. Fighting. 

And then, Onew began to play the first few notes of Sunyoung's favorite song. 

His sweet voice filled the room and ladies and gentlemen alike were swooned by SHINee's leader's emotion and passion that he put into the song.

"Remember that day when we first met
Dazzling and radiant eyes and gave me such a day
Thank you for what you gave me

I know from the start
I was not sure what, we sounded like it’s destiny

Love me and
Time will lead you
Forever without breaking up
I thought I was dreaming, like a real dream.

Looking at me smiling to you
It was a good day
Why there are tears
In my eyes

Forever we will not break up
Always dream to hope that will not change the next day

Love stays
Our time to be together
Do not change, forever
Like a dream to me like a dream.

Remember that day when we first met
Strikingly radiant you for coming on such a day
I really thank you"

Tears fell down Onew's cheeks as he ended the song, closing his eyes. Goodbye, Sunyoung. I really have to let you go now. He told himself, as he opened his eyes.

The guests were stunned by Onew's sudden tears, especially Onew's parents and Sunyoung's parents.

"Thank you for listening well, everyone. Jonghyun and Sunyoung, have a content married life." Onew smiled, as he made his way to his seat.

"Thanks, hyung. That was the best." Jonghyun smiled.

"Thank you so much...Lee Jinki." Sunyoung whispered, tearing up. He really sang for me. He sang his own OST, that he didn't really want to sing, just for me. The song that is so meaningful. The first song that made me cry with pain, happiness, and confusion; all at the same time. My lovely Lee Jinki. 

The ceremony officially began to unite two people as one.

Finally the moment arrived. That moment when two words would combine two hearts into one big heart.

But before that could happen, the minister declared, "Should anyone here present know of any reason that this couple should not be joined in holy matrimony, speak now or forever hold your peace."

Onew bit his lip firmly, preventing himself from saying a word. Lee Jinki, no. no. no. Close your eyes and think about music. Just forget what he just said. Let Sunyoung and Jonghyun be happy together. 

Sunyoung looked at the silence in the hall, anxious for something. What am I hoping for? Why do I have this uneasy feeling inside me? Her eyes locked with Onew's and then quickly shifted to Jonghyun's. Onew was too much for her to look at. 

"Alright. Kim Jonghyun, do you take Park Sunyoung to be your wedded wife, to live together in marriage?  Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health, and forsaking all others, be faithful only to her, for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do." Jonghyun smiled proudly, looking at his hands holding Sunyoung's tightly. But he realized that it was only him that was holding Sunyoung's hands. She was not holding his. He tried not to frown as the minister continued. 

"Park Sunyoung, do you take Kim Jonghyun to be your wedded husband to live together in marriage?  Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health and forsaking all others, be faithful only to him so long as you both shall live?"

Sunyoung closed her eyes, ignoring the world around her for a moment. The words she would say would greatly affect those around her and of course, herself. Was she ready for this life with Jonghyun? Most importantly, she could not forget the fact that it was Jonghyun would be with her, not anyone else. 

They say a million thoughts are in a bride's head on the day of her wedding. 'What necklace should I wear?' 'Does the food taste good?' 'Omo, this is my special day!' 'Today will be perfect!' 'I look perfect, don't I?' 'Wow, I feel like a princess.' But why is only one single thought in my head? I wish it was Lee Jinki holding my hands. But I can change that right now. Jonghyun, I'm so sorry.

"I take back my vow." 

"Actually, I object now!" 

"I'm so sorry, Jonghyun."

Three voices said three different sentences at the same time. The hall filled with whispers and gasps. What was happening?

Author's Note:

Ohmigosh!!! WHAT IS HAPPENING!??!?! 

Surprise! I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter, I know I did! 

How is everyone doing? I'm especially happy today for no reason! So, I decided to update! 

The story, once again, is probably ending soon..... 

I'll miss you all so so much when this story does end though<333

Thank you so much for the love and bye bye!