Chapter 039

The Vanity in My Love

~~Chapter 038~~

"Onew, after great thought, SM Entertainment is in talks to dismiss you from SHINee. It is the best for SHINee's, Sunyoung's, and your own future. I apologize for this." Lee Soo Man announced. 

"WHAT?!" Key shouted, standing up. Taemin stood up as well, shocked.

"Ahjusshi, what are you saying? That can't happen. He is our leader. We need him." Jonghyun exclaimed.

Onew froze. His heart had skipped a beat. Dismissed from SHINee? Me? I deserve this, don't I? I won't be able to do what I love anymore. Singing. Dancing. Performing. I'm so sorry, SHINee World. Why am I so careless? Maybe Jonghyun or Key should've been leader of SHINee in the first place. I am such a terrible person and leader. My members, I am sorry to you, too. I'm putting you through so much trouble and you withhold it.

"Manager hyung, despite being upset at Onew hyung, there is no need to do something like this. There have been bigger scandals. Kim Hyun Joong-sshi should've lost his career with what he did to his girlfriend, but did he? I know you were the one who did this. Do you want me to tell Lee Soo Man ahjusshi what you did?" Minho glared at Jinyoung.

Jinyoung gulped, his hands at his sides. "Minho, what are you talking about?"

"You know what I am talking about." Minho said quietly.

"Minho-yah, what are you doing? Just forget it. I deserve this anyway." Onew interuppted the tension between SHINee's manager and Minho.

"Hyung, stop saying things like that and please be quiet for a good ten minutes. Ahjusshi, I have some truths to share with everyone. May I do so?" Minho asked.

"Okay, but hurry up. We can't spend all our time sharing stories." Lee Soo Man slightly smiled at Onew, trying to soothe him. Actually, Onew was one of his favorite SM artists. He was so humble and polite and when this scandal arose, Lee Soo Man wanted to clear it up immediately and make Onew bright and happy again.

~~~

Five hours ago...

Krystal leaned onto Minho's shoulder, as the newly married couple waited for Amber and Victoria to finish their recording for a variety show.

"Aigoo...Minho-ah, I'm so tired. We had a long practice yesterday. Our choreographer made us practice longer because we missed a couple days due to our wedding." Krystal sighed. "I hope Onew oppa and Sunyoung unni are doing okay. You know, with the scandal and all..."

Minho patted Krystal's head comfortingly. "Hopefully, the fans are taking it well and don't criticize them. I'm sure Sunyoung noona's alright. She smiled at me when I saw her before coming here. And, it's alright, Soojung-ah. You can rest today. You have no schedules today right?" Krystal shook her head.

They continued a sweet conversation when Minho saw SHINee's manager speaking loudly on the phone. 

"Krystal, I'll be back. I need to see what Manager hyung is saying." Minho said.

Krystal rolled her eyes. "Yah, that's so impolite!"

"It's okay. He won't see me." Minho hushed her, running off to spy on the manager.

Jinyoung was busy on the phone and Minho hid in an adjacent hallway where he could still clearly hear Jinyoung speaking.

"Yes, yes. This is his third scandal. He is one of SHINee's most loved members. But, that will

change with today, won't it? Okay, I'll borrow his phone to 'make a call' and then screenshot his text messages and then send them to myself. Then, I'll send them to you and you can edit them to make it seem like he is threatening Sunyoung." Jinyoung paused for a moment, listening to the person on the other end.

"He's definitely getting what he deserved. I want him to know that there are people who hate him. Aiish. Him and his consistent smiles." Jinyoung continued bitterly. He listened for a moment before speaking again.

"This will definitely bring us a profit, right? My wife will be so happy! No more managing the stupid SHINee."  Jinyoung whispered loudly. The person on the other end replied to him.

"Alright. See you later. We have a SHINee meeting later." Jinyoung said, hanging up.

Minho glared at the wall angrily. He stormed out of the hall and saw Krystal looking at him, worried.

"Minho, what's wrong?" Krystal asked, standing up.

He explained Jinyoung's conversation and Krystal frowned.

"Yah! What does he think he is?!" Krystal exclaimed. "What do we do?!"

"We have a meeting with Lee Soo Man ahjusshi later, according to the manager. I'll reveal this then. Krys, let's go home, okay? Or anywhere else. I don't want to stay here knowing that jerk is here. I can't believe the manager we trusted would do such a thing." Minho said.

Krystal nodded and they walked hand in hand to a better place.

~~~

Present...

"Manager hyung, you really did this?" Taemin stood up.

Key's hands clumped into fists and he stepped towards the manager, livid.

"Key. Wait." Onew ordered, looking at the chairman of SM Entertainment.

"Mr. Kim Jinyoung, is this true? Actually, I am positive it is when Minho says it. Jinyoung, for trying to  scam Onew for money, you are immediately fired. We're getting our reports ready. Be ready for your dismissal. Please step out of the room as I discuss personal issues with SHINee now. Onew, I shall discuss with you about your scandal after I deal with the manager. I must admit that I am ashamed to have let this occur. I apologize on behalf of SM Entertainment for your stress. " Lee Soo Man stated.

Jinyoung glared at the wall and stepped out of the room.

Onew bowed sincerely. "No, ahjusshi. You shouldn't be apologizing for this. Thank you for helping me get through this scandal. I'll get my belongings ready to leave the SHINee practice room."

"Onew. What are you saying? You aren't leaving. I have decided that with this news from Minho that most of these so-called issues are actually schemes by Jinyoung. I was thinking to rejecting the proposal to dismiss you anyway. Alright. For now, go rest in the common room, SHINee. " Lee Soo Man smiled slightly.

"YES! Thank you ahjusshi!" Jonghyun rejoiced, hugging Onew. Minho smiled, ear to ear, high-fiving Taemin.

"Thank you so much, ahjusshi. I will work even harder as SHINee's leader now. Thank you, thank you." Onew bowed repeatedly before leaving the room, following s.

"Hyung, I am so happy that you're not being forced to leave. Imagine how terrible that would've been." Minho said.

Onew nodded. "But what will our future as SHINee be?"

"Hyung, its just a scandal. It'll blow over by the time we're out of our hiatus." Key shrugged off.

"But still. I am sorry for the trouble I'm causing you all. I really should be more careful.

Jonghyun-ah, I hope you will punish me severely for my foolish confession." Onew turned to face Jonghyun.

"Where will that get me, Onew hyung? Forget it. I love you as my best friend. Idiot." Jonghyun grinned, putting his arm around Onew's shoulder.

Onew smiled. At least I have my members, my dongsaengs, my best friends, my family with me.

~~~

Onew and Minho were the only ones left in the common room now. Sulli wanted to take Taemin on a date, Key and Amber were going shopping, and Sunyoung wanted Jonghyun to come home for an unknown reason.  Though Onew insisted that Minho should go home to Krystal, Minho assured that Jessica was at their house, visiting Krystal for some sisterly bonding.

"Minho, wasn't what I did terrible? What would you do if you were in my position?" Onew wondered.

"Hmm...I would, first, apologize to Sunyoung and Jonghyun, which you already have done.

Then, I would apologize to the company, which you also have done. Finally, I would make a public apology and attempt to let the scandal blow over. You should just have a small reflection with our fans and Sunyoung noona's fans. They're probably distressed over your sudden revelation. You can do it through a video." Minho advised.

Onew nodded. "That seems like a great idea! Thank you, Minho-yah!"

Minho grinned and was about to say something when his phone rang. He looked at the caller ID.

"Hold on, hyung. Krystal is calling." Minho said, picking up the phone.

"Yes, Soojung?" Minho said.

"Minho-ah, Unni and Jungshin oppa want you to come home for dinner. I already tried to persuade them that you were busy with work and all. But they are so adamant about you coming." Krystal said.

"You cutie, I guess I have to come then. Love you! Bye!" Minho smiled, hanging up.

Onew smiled at the sweetness of Minho and Krystal. They were really a good couple. Minho's extroverted personality went well with Krystal's introverted one.

"Bye, Minho. Have a good time with Krystal." Onew waved.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" Minho asked, putting on his coat.

Onew nodded. "I'll be fine."

"Okay. See you later hyung. Call me or the members if you have a problem. We are here for you. Remember that." Minho called, as he shut the door behind him.

~~~

Sunyoung leaned against Jonghyun's shoulder, sighing. The wedding had been on her mind since the morning and she didn't know how to confront Jonghyun about it.

"Sunyoung-ah, you've been sighing all day. What are you hiding from me?" Jonghyun asked, smoothing her hair.

Sunyoung took his hand and squeezed it. "Jonghyun....I want to talk about the wedding."

"Do you want to postpone it?" Jonghyun questioned.

Sunyoung looked up at him, surprised. "How did you know?"

"I was thinking the same thing. Though we haven't planned the exact date yet, I don't feel comfortable having it while Onew hyung and you are in a scandal. Lets have it in a few weeks or a month maybe? We don't need to rush though." Jonghyun smiled.

"Thank you, Jonghyun. I was hoping you would agree to this. Onew is our friend and I want to make sure he's alright before we get married." Sunyoung smiled.

Jonghyun pursed his lips before nodding in agreement. "Yes. I was thinking the same thing once again. We really are made for each other, aren't we? We like almost the exact things and our minds think alike too."

Sunyoung laughed and shrugged her shoulders. If our minds are thinking alike, do you know how much I really miss Onew by my side? Do you know how much I want both of you, but that I kind of want Onew more?

He kissed her cheek, as a sign of assurement, and they proceeded to watch the show that had been on.

~~~

Onew nervously rehearsed the speech that he had created for the video to post onto SHINee's official website. Though he had no hope that his fans would forgive him, he knew that it was worth a try.

"Ready, Onew-sshi?" A coordi-noona asked, smiling.

"Yes. I have to be." Onew smiled back. He stood in front of a blank set and looked at the camera.

"3,2,1. Recording starts now." The coordi-noona queued.

Onew took a deep breath and began.

"Annyeong haseyo, this is Lee Jinki. I am known to you all as SHINee's diligent leader Onew. But today, I want to talk to you all as Lee Jinki, my true self. I want to discuss my scandal with you. First of all, I want to say that I am very ashamed of myself for being so brazen and saying such a thing about Sunyoung-sshi. It was wrong of me and I shouldn't have done it. Also, I am apologizing to my fans, as well as Jonghyun-sshi's and Sunyoung-sshi's fans for being so careless towards the couple. I sincerely apologize to both Jonghyun-sshi and Sunyoung-sshi for bringing them into this scandal. They have no fault in this, so please do not bash them. Also, even though I admire Sunyoung-sshi, please understand that I support her relationship with Jonghyun-sshi. I want everyone to please understand me because I am human, too, and I have adorations for people that I cannot admit. I am sorry for all the trouble I have caused to fans, Jonghyun-sshi and the other members, the company, and most of all, Sunyoung-sshi. She was truly innocent in this matter. Even if you don't forgive me, please forgive her. Thank you. Once again, I am sorry." Onew bowed ninety degrees and the camera turned off.

"Great job, Onew! I'm posting this right away!" The coordi-noona stated.

"Thank you." Onew said. Now, he just had to wait.

Author's Note:

*bows repeatedly*

Hello everyone and I apologize for not updating in like, 500 years!!!

I've been super busy and I probably should be studying right now, but screw studying, right?

How was this chapter? I hope everyone enjoyed it!

Onew's video hopefully will be taken positively and Sunyoung and Jonghyun's wedding is being held back! YES! Maybe, Onew will persuade Sunyoung to not get married? ;)

Amber's mini album is stuck in my head<33333 It's so good...

I loved Shake That Brass(na na na na na na na na na naaaa) and Beautiful and Heights and I Just Wanna(with Eric Nam<3) and Love Run!!! The whole album was great!

I wonder which SM Entertainment artists is going solo after Taeyeon.....

Anyway, thank you for continuing to support me(80 subscribers<333 ily guys) even with my horrible updates!

Bye bye and love you~!