Chapter 042

The Vanity in My Love

~~Chapter 042~~

Sunyoung opened her eyes and stretched out her arms lazily. She felt giddy this wonderful morning. 

Because today was the day. Today was the day that she would step in front of a special someone to be with him forever and ever. Today was the day that she would have to trust that special someone with her life and not go running to her parents every time there was a problem. Could she do it? This was also the day that she had to shove even the slightest of feelings for that other someone away. Lee Jinki. He was to be forgotten with this day. 

I don’t think of him in that way. I don’t. I don’t. I don’t. Sunyoung convinced herself. However, she thought it was weird that even on her special day, she was still contemplating who was right for her.

“Sunyoung-ah! Wake up! We have no time! You need to review your guest list one last time. Jinki is here to help you with that.” Her mother’s voice called from another room. Sunyoung rushed to get ready at the mention of Onew’s arrival and soon, she settled with Onew on her bed, looking over her guest list and Jonghyun’s guest list.

“You go through yours and I’ll go through Jonghyun’s.” Onew insisted. “It’ll be faster that way.” 

“But I’ll be doing everything in a hurry today. Can’t I at least do this leisurely? Let’s work together.” Sunyoung pleaded. 

Onew sighed and nodded. Park Sunyoung, why don’t you understand that I want to finish this quickly so I don’t have to suffer through your wedding preparations any longer? Don’t you realize how much it hurts to be me right now? 

They looked at Sunyoung’s medium guest list first. 

1)Jessica Jung                            

2)Lee Jieun(IU)              

3)Park Shin Hye           

4)KARA

5)Gong Minzy(2NE1)

6)Min Sunye

7)Sungjong(Infinite)

8)Jiyeon(T-ara)

9)Doojoon, Kikwang(B2ST)

10)2PM

11)miss A

12)2AM

13)Ailee

14)Jooyeon(former After School)

15)Hana, Sunhwa(SECRET)

16)4Minute

17)Lee Seung Chul

18)Red Velvet

19)Younha

20)Naeun, Eunji, Namjoo, Bomi(A Pink)

21)Super Junior

22)EXO

23) Goo Hye Sun

Jonghyun's list was extremely long with idols that Sunyoung hardly even spoke to.

Once they had finished going through the list of guests, Onew stood up, wanting to leave for other things he had to do.

"Onew-ah...can you please stay for a second? I want to talk to you." Sunyoung asked.

"Of course." Onew leaned back against the wall and waited for Sunyoung to speak.

"Give me your hand." Sunyoung said. Onew obeyed, wondering why she needed his hand.

Sunyoung took Onew's ring finger and put a green toy ring on his finger.

"Sunyoung, you still have this." Onew smiled, staring at her. It was the ring that he had given her before she left for America for the first time.

~Flashback:~ 

"Sunyoung-ah! This is for you!" Jinki held out a green child-size ring.

"I don't want it." Sunyoung looked away. Jinki held the ring out in front of her and she looked up and gasped.

"Lee Jinki! I have the same one!" Sunyoung took out an identical ring, but a white color.

"Here, this is for you." Jinki put the ring on her finger.

"And this will be for you." 

~~Present~~

"Of course I do. Do you still have yours?" Sunyoung wondered.

"Actually, I was going to give it back to you today." Onew said shamefully. 

"Oh. Why? Onew, we will always be best friends, so why did you think of doing that?"

"Sunyoung, I thought you would be too busy for me once you got married. I will miss our childish fights, the fun games we played, our secrets, and everything. I will miss us, Sunyoung. Thanks for being a great friend, even when I wasn't." 

"Onew, I will never be busy when it comes to you. Even though I always talk about Soojung or Sulli or Victoria or Amber or whoever being close to me, I always think that you are the closest. So, let's be friends forever. I'll find you a beautiful woman and we'll all have a good time together. Okay? Now, that's your ring. Where's mine? I don't have one anymore because I gave my only one to you, remember?." 

"Thanks, Sunyoung. You really are a great friend. And, here's your ring. It's funny that we're just exchanging rings. But it's fun, so who cares right?" Onew said, pulling Sunyoung's finger toward him and putting his white ring on her finger. Sunyoung grinned and patted Onew on the shoulder, like a friend would do.

"Sunyoung, omeoni is here! Come down and greet her!!" Mrs.Park called. Sunyoung squealed in happiness, thinking it was Onew's mother, but then realized it was only Jonghyun's mother. 

Onew noticed that her initial happiness turned into a slight disappointment and he wondered why. 

"Well, Sunyoung, I better go. I need to go help Jonghyun with his stuff. Bye. Tell omeoni(Mrs.Park) I said bye." Onew said.

"Sure. Bye, Onew! See you whenever!" Sunyoung grinned, waving to him as they left Sunyoung's room and descended the stairs.

~~~

Onew sat with his mother, carefully wrapping food for Sunyoung and Jonghyun after their wedding was over. After moping around for an hour, Onew had gone to take a shower and then help his mother with anything he could.

"Umma, why are you doing this?" Onew remarked suddenly. Mrs.Lee looked at him, confused.

"What do you mean? Omeoni seemed so stressed with this and Sunyoung can't prepare her own food, can she? It's a tradition for the mother to prepare the food after a wedding in our family. So I told omeoni that since I'm like a second mother to Sunyoung, I can help her do this. I guess she was so overwhelmed that she just handed the task itself to me. Why are you asking?"

"Nothing." Onew couuldn't understand why he suddenly didn't believe that he should be doing this. My mother and I are helping prepare food for the woman I love and the fellow group member I also love. How funny is my situation....

"Jinki-ah, have you seen our Sunyoung in her wedding gown?" Mrs.Lee asked, though she already knew the answer. It was nice for her to see her son lost in love.

"Yeah, I have....She looked so....breathtaking." Onew let out a forlorn sigh.

"Jinki?"

"Why do you do this to yourself?"

"Do what?"

"Why didn't you just tell her?"

"Tell her what?" Onew played along, acting like he had no idea what his mother was talking about.

"You know what I am talking about, Lee Jinki."

"Umma, I'm happy for her. She's happy and that's all that matters. I'll get over her. It's not that bad." Onew shrugged off. It won't be too bad, would it?

"Jinki....once she's gone, you'll miss her. I...never mind. Call abeoji and tell him that appa is coming to help move more stuff to the wedding hall soon."

"Okay." Onew frowned, wondering what his mother was saying. I miss her now. The desire for Park Sunyoung will just grow if I don't bury it now. Forget her, Lee Jinki. Forget that perfection everyone calls Park Sunyoung.

~~~

Onew fixed his tie and smoothed his tux down once more and looked at his reflection. He looked stunning, according to Amber and Sulli. His hair was slicked up and he gave a confident aura as he made the way down the aisle, ordering the workers to hurry up.

The morning of the wedding was as chaotic as the morning of a wedding should be. Jonghyun had hired Onew as manager of preparations and that's all Onew had on his mind all morning. However, Onew was grateful for the distraction because he didn't want his mind to drift to thoughts of the bride.

"Onew oppa! Where are the vases?!" Sulli shouted from one end of the wedding hall. 

"They're on the stairs! Oh dear, they're on the stairs! Minho, Minho! Get the vases before someone knocks them over!!" Onew hollered, frantically rushing to Minho who was on the stairs.

Unfortunately, Minho was too late and a vase knocked over, rolling down the stairs. Fortunately, the alert Kim Kibum caught the vase before it broke into several pieces.

Onew and Minho sighed in relief. These wedding preparations were really stressful and they couldn't wait for them to end.

"Hyung, do you want to go see Jonghyun?" Key asked. Onew nodded and they made their way to Jonghyun's dressing room.

~~~

Jonghyun nervously paced around the room. His parents were with Sunyoung and he was currently alone. He heard a knock on the door and he opened it, hoping it was good company that were standing at the other end of the door.

"Hyung, Key. Hey." Jonghyun grinned nervously.

"Someone's a little nervous." Onew teased, smiling at Jonghyun, though the smile wasn't reaching his eyes.

"Hyung, are you okay?" Jonghyun asked.

"Today's your day. Don't worry about me. I'm perfectly fine. And, your tie is messed up. Have you been fiddling with it too much?" Onew changed the subject, avoiding Jonghyun's eyes as he fixed his tie.

"Thanks hyung. You really are the best. But, I'm freaking out! I hate this!" Jonghyun expressed, shuffling around again.

"Stop doing that. It won't make it any better. Just take a deep breath and think about how hot Sunyoung noona will look." Key smirked, earning a smack in the head from Jonghyun. 

"What the hell, Key?" Onew exclaimed. Key shrugged. 

Jonghyun took repeated, deep breaths as Onew and Key continued to help him calm down.

What a day it would be.....

~~~

Author's Note:

Hi everyone!

I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter!

Thank you for your support and love and just everything!

So....the wedding day is here....and things are really coming to an end, aren't they? Or are they?

Sorry if the chapter was short but the next chapter's interesting moments will make up for it hopefully...

once again, I don't know if I said it before but this story is coming to an end soon... :'( just wanted to remind my lovely readers that.

Thank you and bye bye!

Please continue to comment, subscribe, upvote, criticize, and whatever you want!

P.S. How is everyone doing lately?