Chapter 041

The Vanity in My Love

~~Chapter 041~~

Wedding preparation had begun in the Park and Kim residences. The wedding was in two days and there was still a lot to be done. Sunyoung and Jonghyun busied themselves with wedding venue booking, the food menu, the centerpieces on the tables, the floral arrangements, and most importantly the clothing attire. 

Jonghyun had already tried on his tuxedo for the final time and it fit him well, according to Mrs.Park and Mrs.Kim. Sunyoung was forbidden from seeing it because Jonghyun was going to surprise her with it on the day of the wedding.

Sunyoung, on the other hand, would be doing her final fitting soon. She brushed a strand of her short hair away from her face, as she helped Jonghyun carry materials from his car into the Kim residence. Sunyoung's fitting would be occurring at the Park home and that meant Sunyoung had to leave soon in order to wear the dress.

"Jonghyun-ah, I have to go soon. Will you be alright with Key, Taemin, omeoni and abeoji?" Sunyoung said.

*Note: Omeoni and abeoji means Mr. and Mrs. Kim here.  

"Yeah. I have plenty of people to help out. You have a more important thing to do, don't you?" Jonghyun said. 

"Okay. What about Onew?" Sunyoung asked. 

"He's helping your parents with the wedding prep." Jonghyun smiled. 

Sunyoung paused, unsure of how Onew felt about this.

"Youngie, its alright. Onew hyung can do whatever he wants. I'm okay with it. Did you know I told him to attend the wedding on your side?" Jonghyun continued.

Sunyoung shook her head. "You really did? What did he say?" 

"He agreed. Now go put on your pretty dress, okay? I'll be fine, wifey." Jonghyun gently pushed her towards her car. 

Sunyoung blushed at Jonghyun's term, "wifey". She kissed his cheek and waved to him. Jonghyun watched her go and smiled to himself. 

~~~

Onew was shocked when Jonghyun told him to join the wedding on the bride's side. But he agreed, of course, as the wonderful hyung he was.

The entire day was spent folding paper roses which were part of a thank you present to the wedding attendees and making several calls to various people. 

Onew carried boxes of the wedding necessities into his parents' car to take to the wedding chapel. He looked at the time on his phone and decided it would be be quicker to put the stuff away after he ate. He was beginning to become tired.

Onew slumped onto the sofa and leaned his head back. 

"Onew! Can you come here?" Victoria called from Sunyoung's room. The f(x) ladies and Sulli were helping Mrs.Park with Sunyoung's final fitting. Onew was reluctant to help them for two reasons. One: It would be awkward to be in a room full of women. Two: He couldn't stand to see Sunyoung in a wedding gown with her ethereal beauty and flawlessness. It would just break his heart even more. 

"Why?!" 

"Just because. Come!" Victoria called.

Hesitantly, Onew headed towards Sunyoung's room. He knocked once before coming in and then walked in. 

Though there were other people facing him, Onew could only see one person: Park Sunyoung. 

She stood in front of him, wearing a full-length gown that accentuated her curves perfectly and flowed like a river down her body. She looked goddess-like with a flower crown on her head. 

"How do I look?" Sunyoung blushed when she noticed Onew's stunned expression. 

"Uh-y-y-you....look...beautiful...S-s-sunyoung." Onew stuttered, leaning against the wall. 

She blushed even harder. Though her friends and mother told her a countless number of times that she looked lovely, Onew saying it was somehow different. 

Just then, Minho, Taemin and Key opened the door and grinned at Onew's expression. 

"Yah, what are you three doing here?" Krystal demanded. 

"Minho, Taemin, Kibum, how did you two get in?" Mrs.Park wondered, confused. 

"Annyeong haseyo, omeoni. The door was unlocked." Minho bowed, greeting Sunyoung's mother. 

"And Krystal, we're here to invite Onew for a bachelor party. Jonghyun hyung is waiting for him." Key grinned brightly.

"Yah, Choi Minho, you're married. Not a bachelor anymore." Krystal smirked. 

"Aiish. It doesn't matter. You look nice, noona." Minho said. 

"Thanks, Minho. No wonder Jonghyun was so eager to push me out of the house. He's planning his own bachelor party. Let's do our own thing!" Sunyoung said, looking at the other girls. 

"Park Sunyoung, you're drinking two days before your wedding?!" Mrs.Park scolded. 

"Omeoni, it's alright. We'll make sure she doesn't drink too much." Victoria assured. 

"Fine. I'm staying with Mrs.Lee for the night anyway. You girls have the  house to yourself. Be careful. Mr.Park is at his friend's house. He's coming to the wedding, Sunyoung. Appa's friend is a nice man, so make sure to greet him well." Mrs.Park said. 

"Alright, alright. I'll do that when the time comes." Sunyoung chuckled. 

"She'll be fine, omeoni.Don't drink too much, Sunyoung noona." Taemin said, grinning.

"Taemin's right, omeoni. Sunyoung noona is a careful person. Besides, she has Victoria noona to scold her when you're not here. She'll be fine. Well, we'll get going then. Take care, Amber. See you later everyone." Key winked at Amber and dragged a dazed Onew out the door, followed by Minho and Taemin, who waved to the women in the room before leaving.

~~~

"Dude, you are smitten with her!" Key exclaimed to Onew, as he drove to Jonghyun's house. 

"I am, Key. There's nothing to do now." Onew sighed.

"Hyung, what happened there? You looked so lost." Minho asked.

"She's so beautiful, Minho. I couldn't believe my eyes and how I was able to live after seeing such beauty. I was reluctant in the first place to see her, but I mentally told myself not to overreact. I guess I couldn't stop myself." Onew expressed, from the back seat. 

Minho eyed Key worriedly. Onew's feelings for Sunyoung were too strong now. 

The car ride went on, silently. Minho and Key were unable to say anything and Onew was stuck on thinking of Sunyoung. 

~~~

"Hyung. You're here!!" Jonghyun shouted,patting Onew on the back. 

"Of course I am here. Why wouldn't I be?" Onew chuckled. 

Jonghyun shrugged his shoulders, unsure of what to say. He thought that Onew would not come because the two seemed to still be in awkward terms with each other.

However, that proved to be false, as Onew confirmed. 

The night was spent full of fun and energy as the SHINee members turned into children again and fooled around. 

But the party soon turned nostalgic, when Key found SHINee's training videos and previous albums in the closet. And so, he persuaded SHINee to watch and listen to them. 

A young boy in a pink sweater stood on stage, proudly singing Korea's national anthem. However, when he messed up, he cutely stuck his tongue out. 

"You're so cute, Minho!" Onew smiled. 

"Why do you have to be so good looking? Stop making me lose confidence." Key mocked indignation, glaring at Minho. 

Minho shrugged his shoulders and said, "Genes, Key. You didn't get your parents' good genes." 

Next, a youthful boy popped and locked confidently, compared to the other contestants, who were so shy.  

"Wow, Key. You could've been the main dancer of SHINee if maknae wasn't so good." Jonghyun acknowledged. 

Key shrugged. "I guess." 

Next, a young boy in a white shirt sang beautifully despite him not having any training.

"Wow, hyung. You really have come a long way since your audition." Taemin told Jonghyun.

"I think so, too. Its been a while since I've watched this. What a better day to do all this than today."

Then, a cute boy nervously answered questions about himself. His repeated blinking and lack of a smile showed his anxiousness of becoming an idol. 

"Aigoo...Taeminnie....you're so cute!" Key squealed. 

"I'm so weird!" Taemin buried his face in his hands. 

Finally, a boy with long hair faced the screen. Even if you couldn't recognize him, his voice retained a sweetness and power that was unlike anyone else's. 

"Hyung, you have such a nice voice. How did you sing that way then?" Key wondered. 

"I don't know. That's just my voice." Onew shrugged. 

"Hmm...didn't you have shorter hair then?" Taemin thought aloud. "Your mother showed us pictures once and you had pretty short hair." 

"I had no time to cut my hair for a while at the time. I don't remember why, but it just happened liked that and I went to the audition with this terribly long hair. Umma was so angry with me for not cutting my hair that day." Onew recalled, smiling. 

"You still looked fine." Jonghyun smiled. 

Onew thanked him and they began to watch other pre-debut videos of themselves, until Key and Minho slowly began to sway back and forth due to tiredness. 

"Okay. Time to sleep everyone. Jonghyun-ah, turn off the television and we'll all sleep here on the ground, next to each other. It'll be our wedding tradition to always sleep next to each other before one of us gets married." Onew said. 

"Okay! I love that idea! We just have three more people that need to get married! Key, me, and you, hyung." Taemin smiled. 

The five eventually laid a thin mattress on the large living room floor and slept next to each other, as Onew desired. 

However, the soon-to-be groom,Jonghyun, was unable to sleep. He stared at the ceiling, butterflies forming inside him. 

I'm really getting married, I guess. Everything will managed by me now. No more umma to tie my shoes for me or appa to play with me. Jonghyun thought.

He suddenly heard Onew say something. Jonghyun sat up, staring at Onew. He seemed to be mumbling something and Jonghyun leaned in closer, wanting to hear what he was saying. 

"Sunyoung-ah....please take care of Jonghyun well. Okay? Okay...I think I love...." Onew mumbled, as he buried himself in the pillow. 

Jonghyun frowned. He really loves Sunyoung, doesn't he?

Jonghyun reached over and gently placed a blanket over Onew, before sleeping once more. 

~~~

Sunyoung clapped her hands excitedly, as Amber and Krystal cheerily sang a duet to the song "Naengmyun". 

She cheered, as the two ended their duet. It was now her turn to sing.

"What are you going to sing, unni?" Sulli asked. 

"It's my favorite OST." Sunyoung hinted. 

Victoria smiled, knowing the OST. 

Sunyoung began to sing with a hesitant voice and then slowly immersing herself into the song.

Love me and
Time will lead you
Forever without breaking up
I thought I was dreaming, like a real dream.

Looking at me smiling to you
It was a good day
Why there are tears
In my eyes

Forever we will not break up
Always dream to hope that will not change the next day

Love stays
Our time to be together
Do not change, forever
Like a dream to me like a dream.

Remember that day when we first met
Strikingly radiant you for coming on such a day
I really thank you

 It was truly a lovely and beautiful song, in her opinion. The instrumental, the lyrics, the composition, the voice of the artist  who sang it, and the artist himself was great. 

Sunyoung ended the song with her eyes closed. She opened her eyes to her friends staring at her, open-mouthed. 

"Sunyoung....that was beautiful. You really like that song, don't you?" Amber said. 

Sunyoung nodded. "I do, Amber. It has such a wonderful meaning and the melody is so nice. I just want to listen to it all day." 

"Onew would be happy if he heard this." Victoria muttered to herself. 

The girls agreed to sleep after that and with Sunyoung's request and Krystal's persuasion, they slept on an air mattress in the guest bedroom. 

"Sunyoung unni..." Sulli said. 

"Yes?" Sunyoung said.

"You're getting married tomorrow." Sulli continued quietly. 

"That's right." Sunyoung smiled. She was giddy inside, but she was also extremely anxious. Was she doing the right thing?

"Sunyoung-ah, answer me honestly when I ask you this." Victoria ordered. 

"Sure. Tell me." 

"Are you sure you want to marry Jonghyun? This is your last night as a maiden and you can't change that after this day. Think, Sunyoung." 

Sunyoung sighed. Jonghyun was really perfect for her. He liked exactly what she liked and they agreed on everything. It felt like she was in a movie with him based on how happy she was with him. But, sometimes, Sunyoung felt as if it was too good to be true. Sometimes, she wished that they argued more and didn't have the same interests. Like her and Onew....They had very little in common and argued so often. But in the end, Onew and her really understood each other well and would compromise with each other. 

But now, there would be no Onew. Only Kim Jonghyun. 

"Yes, unni. I am ready to become Kim Sunyoung tomorrow. There's no turning back." Sunyoung replied confidently, closing her eyes.

Author's Note: 

Hey everyone!

 

I hope this chapter was nice....

Do you guys know what song Sunyoungie sang? It's my favorite OST, too! 

People keep asking whether this will become a jongna fanfic or not....Just keep reading and you will see :)

Please have patient with my lack of updates, too! 

Also...this fanfic is coming to an end soon.....

 Amber, bby, don't cry... uwu

Aigoo...it's so sad!!!!

I've had so much fun writing this fanfic and looking at the lovely comments, subscribers, readers and everything just makes me so thankful for you all!!! Thank you everyon for your amazing support and love for this story<33333

Please look forward to the next chapter! :)

Thank you and bye bye!