Chapter 029

The Vanity in My Love

~~Chapter 029~~

2 Years later.....

Park Sunyoung descended the steps of the escalator with a bright smile on her face and faced the Arrivals pickup area looking for a familiar face. 

"Sunyoung-ah!!" Someone called to her, waving his hands back and forth. This attracted the attention of passengers as they whispered about the famous singer Park Sunyoung. 

"Jonghyun." Sunyoung smiled and rushed to hug him tightly.

Jonghyun, part of SHINee who was on a hiatus at the moment, kissed her and whispered, "I missed you so much, my love."

"Me too. I love you so much." Sunyoung smiled. Jonghyun took her suitcase and they began to walk outside.

"Shouldn't we be going to the parking lot?" Sunyoung asked. 

"No. Onew came with me to pick you up." Jonghyun said. 

"Really? The car didn't explode or anything?" Sunyoung laughed. Over the two years, Sunyoung had found out from Minho and Krystal that Jonghyun and Onew were involved in a large arguement over Onew's treatment of her and were still not on great terms with each other, despite the long duration of its occurence. (A/N: This will be elaborated as times goes on.)

"No. We don't hate each other." Jonghyun denied, but his face still showed a sign of hatred for Onew. 

"Okay. I'll leave you alone, Jonghyunnie. Let's go home now. I took a hiatus and you took a hiatus. So, I want to take as much a repose that I can receive." Sunyoung stated, stepping into the car. 

"Hey Onew." Sunyoung smiled. She had vowed to herself that Onew and her would start over as friends and that she would forget anything that he had said to her over the years. 

Onew paused and smiled slightly. "Hi Sunyoung. How are you?" He faced the front of the car and began to drive with Sunyoung and Jonghyun sitting in the back. 

Onew was surprised at Sunyoung's appearance for the fourth time in his life. Each time he saw her, she seemed to become more attractive.

Wow, she really changed. Why is that she becomes more and more beautiful each time I see her? Aiish, Onew, you shouldn't say that when you have Jung Ah. Has her anger at me disappeared? Thank you, Sunyoung, for forgiving me. I'll make sure you don't get hurt by me again. You mean a lot to me. Right? Sunyoung does mean a lot to me. Onew thought silently. 

"Onew! Can't you hear her?" Jonghyun grilled. 

Onew looked in the rearview mirror and apologized. "Sorry, I was thinking about something. What did you say, Sunyoung?" 

"I said 'I'm fine. How are you and how is Jung Ah?'" Sunyoung reitereated.

"I'm fine, as well. Jung Ah is great, too. We live together now. Jonghyun also bought a house for the two of you. It's pretty close to his parent's house and my house as well. Right now, we're going to stop at your house. Then, we can go visit omeoni and abeoji." Onew replied. 

"Really? Jonghyun, you bought a house for us? Why? Thank you so much. I have to definitely pay you back. Thank you." Sunyoung exclaimed. She reached out to hug Jonghyun and Onew looked away bitterly. 

"It's okay, Sunyoungie. We're together now. There should be no thank yous between each other. We have so many similarities, so you're bound to like our house." Jonghyun smiled.

"How are Victoria unni and everyone?" Sunyoung wondered all of a sudden.

"You'll see them soon." Onew said, glad that Jonghyun and Sunyoung were not so cozy with each other anymore.

"Great! For now, I'll just rest." Sunyoung said, sighing. The effects of an almost eighteen hour plane were showing symptoms of fatigue in Sunyoung, as she leaned her head on Jonghyun's shoulder and he quickly kissed her head, glancing once at Onew, who immediately looked away. Jonghyun smirked and took Sunyoung's hand as well.

~~~

"SUNYOUNG!!!!" Amber shouted excitedly the minute Onew pulled the car into the driveway of Jonghyun's and Sunyoung's house.

"AMBER!!!!" Sunyoung jumped out of the car and hugged Amber.

"Yah, you're twenty seven years old. Act like it." Onew scolded, even though he was smiling. Jonghyun glared at him and Onew closed his mouth.

Soon, everyone gathered outside in the warm August weather. After catching up on life, Sunyoung had found out three surprises about her friends: 

-Minho and Krystal were engaged and set to be married in two weeks. 

-Key and Amber were dating, as well as Taemin and Sulli.

-Victoria was married to Zhou Mi, a member of Super Junior-M. It was a sudden marriage and Victoria wanted to surprise Sunyoung after she returned. 

"So, now it's only Sulli, Taemin, me, Jonghyun, and Onew that have to get married." Sunyoung concluded. 

"Yup. I'm sure it'll happen one day." Victoria smiled. 

"Aigoo....I'm so tired. Jonghyun-ah, I like our house a lot." Sunyoung sighed. Everyone had gathered in the backyard at a large table. 

"Well, you better like Krystal and me, too." Minho said slowly. He glanced at Krystal, who was resting her head on his shoulder. 

"Why?" Sunyoung asked. 

"We're temporarily going to stay here, until we find our own house in this area. Onew's wish is that when all the SHINee members and f(x) members and you and Sulli, of course, get married, we'll live in one big house with five floors. However, since that is highly unlikely, we're just going to live close enough to walk to each others' houses." Minho explained.

"That's great! Krystal and I will have a nice time living together." Sunyoung rejoiced. "I really like Onew's wish and it would have been very wonderful." 

Jonghyun frowned, while Onew hinted at a small smile. "Sunyoung, that's impractical. This could result in unneccessary arguements that could grow so huge that our group might split up. It's better we don't live together." 

Sunyoung nodded in agreement, though she still believed Onew's wish was beautiful. 

"Onew oppa!" A high-pitched voice called out to Onew. Onew turned to see Jung Ah rushing towards him. 

"Why is she always here?" Taemin muttered under his breath. 

"Yah, Lee Taemin, respect your hyung's girlfriend even if you don't like her. I don't like her, but I respect her. " Victoria scolded. 

"Sunyoung, you're back." Jung Ah reached out to hug her and Sunyoung awkwardly hugged her back. 

"Oppa, let's go shopping! I need to buy you things!" Jung Ah said, turning to Onew. They walked away from the group. Onew bit his lip, thinking of a good answer.

"Sorry. Maybe later, Jung Ah. I need to take Sunyoung to her parents." Onew said.

"It's okay. I'll just head home then. Bye. I came to say hi to Sunyoung." Jung Ah pecked Onew's cheek and was about to leave when Onew caught her hand.

Jung Ah looked at Onew. "I love you, Kim Jung Ah. You are beautiful inside and out to me." Onew whispered, bringing her close.

"Oppa, people are looking at us." Jung Ah blushed. Onew let go and waved to Jung Ah as she left. 

He looked at Sunyoung, who was staring lovingly into Jonghyun's eyes. Jonghyun, too, was holding her gently and seemed to be enjoying the moment. Onew sighed and sat down on the grass. 

"So, now you want her?" Victoria sat down next to Onew. 

"What are you talking about, Vic? I don't like Sunyoung. I'm just sleepy." Onew stated quickly. 

"When did I say anything about Sunyoung? So you are thinking about her. Do you regret anything?" Victoria chuckled. 

"No. I regret nothing. As long as Jonghyun and Sunyoung are happy with each other, I am fine."

"Okay. Remember, speak while you can." Victoria advised, standing up.

Onew nodded. I really don't regret anything, Victoria. I do wish that I hadn't treated Sunyoung so poorly and I wish Jonghyun and I can become best friends again. We're getting there, but I miss his fun words. I need to speak a true apology to Sunyoung one day. She deserves it. Aiish, what is this life of mine?

Author's Note:

Annyeong lovely readers! ^^

I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter! I updated sooner so that's great! 

And our lovely Sulli is back!

YAY! We missed you so so much, Sulli! 

And... a special personal announcement. Some AFF users may already know this about me. 

So, lately I've been adding a lot of fluff to my chapters and that is a result of my happy and lighthearted mood because of a special someone^^

That's right. I have a boyfriend and because of him, I am very happy! 

So that's basically why I updated earlier than usual and because I'm procastinating right now :)

Also, please check out my new story, a collection of SHINee x f(x) oneshots in which you request a SHINee x f(x) OTP and genre and I write a oneshot on it. 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/847258/wonderstruck-shinee-f-x-collection-of-one-shots-fxband-shinee-oneshots-multigenre

Thank you! Bye bye! :)