Chapter 024

The Vanity in My Love

~~Chapter 024~~

Minho and Krystal peeked into the small window of the SM common room specifically for f(x) and SHINee. Minho nodded at the others and they hid in their respective positions: Jonghyun in a straight line on the couch(the only one other than Sunyoung who could achieve this), Taemin under the table, Victoria and Sulli in the storage closet, Amber behind the television, and Key next to the couch. 

Meanwhile, Onew was heading towards the common room, getting ready to surprise Sunyoung as her birthday present. He quickly dialed a number and waited for the person on the other line to pick up.

"Yah, come quickly! You don't want to be late for my members and friends!" Onew scolded, even though his voice sounded playful. 

"Fine, fine. I'm leaving the KBS building soon." The voice responded, hanging up. Onew smiled in satisfaction and hung up, when he suddenly bumped into someone.

"Sunyoung?! What are you doing here?" Onew exclaimed, glancing over her shoulder at the SM common room, where the birthday surprise was going to occur.

"I was just going to the common room. I wanted to review lyrics and composition notes and such." Sunyoung said casually. She silently prayed that Onew would want to come to. It would make her life easier.

"I was about to go there, too! Let's go!" Onew urged. Sunyoung nodded eagerly and walked slowly next to him.

Please be ready. Please be ready for us. Onew and Sunyoung both thought. They knocked on the door of the common room and were greeted with the dark and silence.

"Let's just turn on the lights." Onew and Sunyoung said loudly in unison. They frowned at their concord and shrugged. 

The moment the lights , Minho and Krystal jumped in front of Sunyoung and Onew, while the others gather around them and shouted, "Happy birthday!"

"Surprise!" Sulli added, smiling. 

"Wait, what?" Sunyoung and Onew said. 

"Well, the both of you wanted to surprise each other so we just combined the surprises. Aren't you surprised?" Taemin explained proudly.

"Yes, we are. I didn't expect this. Thank you, Onew." Sunyoung blushed. Jonghyun frowned and whispered something into Key's ear. Key nodded and typed something into his phone. 

"Same to you, Sunyoung. Thank you. I am very grateful." 

"Okay, let's eat now! Stop talking so much!" Minho complained. The friends laughed and they settled down at a table full of chicken and other favorites of Sunyoung and Onew.

~~~

The morning of June 6th, the day of birth for Lee Jinki and Park Sunyoung

TO: Sunyoungie

FROM: Amber

Yah, Park Sunyoungie! Happy birthday cutie! 

I'll see you later! :)

 

TO: Sunyoung 

FROM: Victoria

Happy birthday, Sunyoung-ah! Take care of yourself! You're 25 now! Don't work too late! I'll always be by your side, as your fake umma and your chingu~

Love you~ See you at our meeting for Onew's party thing

Amber and I had a schedule early this morning, so I could not see you, sorry^^

 

TO: Sunyoung

FROM: Key

Hey, Sunyoung! 

Happy Birthday! I'll see you later, okay? Maknae says happy birthday! He's too lazy to call or text.

 

TO: Sunyoung noona

FROM: Choi Minho

Happy birthday to my lovely Sunyoung noona~!

We got close in such little time! I feel like I know you so well now! Take care of yourself and Onew hyung ;) 

I'll see you soon.

 

TO: Sunyoung

FROM: Kim Jonghyun

Happy birthday, Sunyoung-ah! 

I can't believe it's your birthday already! We've known each other for six or seven months now, right?

You'll love the gift I got you~ 

I'll give it to you at Onew's surprise party thing! Wait for it!

 

TO: Sunyoung, my best friend

FROM: Lee Jinki(Onew)

Sunyoung-ah, happy birthday. 

I'm sorry for everything I've done to you over your lifetime. We've known each other since the day we were born. So, happy birthday. Please continue allowing me to say happy birthday to you. I really like you as best friends and as enemies...ke ke ke~ Remember our childhood? 

So, Park Sunyoung, happy 25th birthday! I hope you live a long, happy, healthy, stable life<3 

Sunyoung smiled at the lovely texts she received and her eyes lingered on the last message. She quickly responded to the texts, before she was bombarded with hugs from Krystal and Sulli.

"Happy birthday, unni!" Krystal cheered. 

"Thank you. Ready to go plan Onew's birthday surprise?" Sunyoung grinned. 

"Yes, I can-" Krystal was cut off by Sulli who jabbed her with her elbow. 

"What?" Krystal hissed. 

"We have a schedule to go to, remember? Manager oppa forgot to tell us ahead of time. Sorry, Sunyoung! We'll be back just in time for the surprise!" Sulli raised her eyebrows.

"That's okay. I'll just go to SHINee's dorm as the planning is supposed to be there." Sunyoung nodded.

~~~

Onew smiled at the texts he received from Sunyoung and f(x) and then walked down to f(x)'s dorm, located in the same building as SHINee's. 

As he knocked on the door, he saw that Taemin and Jonghyun were already there. 

"So, we already planned a lot of the stuff we're going to do for Sunyoung. So, you don't need to worry about that. Just tell us what you are going to give her as a present." Jonghyun said.

"It's a surprise for you guys too." Onew smiled.

"Hyung, just tell us. It's not like we're going to tell Sunyoung noona." Taemin pleaded. Onew shook his head firmly and took a seat.

"So, I was thinking that we should have the surprise in our common room. It's a nice place, right?" Onew said, getting into working mode. Everyone gathered around him, eager to listen to what he had to say.

"Yeah, that's great." Krystal said. 

Onew sighed in relief and resumed to create a list in his head.

~~~

"Where can we have the suprise? That should be the main question. We should have thought of that before going on to all these ideas." Victoria held up a sheet of paper that was filled with blank ink from the many ideas that were thought of.

"Let's have it in our dorm." Amber suggested. 

"Why would Onew want to come to our dorm?" Victoria shot down Amber's suggestion instantaneously. 

"Can we use SHINee's and f(x)'s common room? If that's okay with you guys. It's not mine and I need to ask permission to use it, right?" Sunyoung said.

"That's a great idea! Wow, Sunyoung noona, you really are bright! But, feel free to use the common room anytime. We all are close now. You should feel comfortable near us." Key smiled.

"Thanks Key." Sunyoung patted his shoulder in a friendly manner. 

"Okay. So, noona, what are you getting Onew hyung?" Minho asked. 

"It's a surprise for both Onew and all of you." Sunyoung said.

"What?!" Victoria exclaimed. Her face was mixed with both shock and amusement. Sunyoung had no idea that Victoria had just received a text message from Sulli stating that Onew suggested the common room as the prime location for the surprise and would not reveal his present to Sunyoung.

"Unni, why the exclamation?" Sunyoung questioned, alarmed.

"Nothing." Victoria quickly covered, shaking her head vigorously. The group continued planning and eventually established a primary plan for Onew's surprise.

~~~

Present

"Are you serious? Wow, this was unexpected. Thanks Sunyoung." Onew gazed at Sunyoung.

She blushed and replied, "Thank you, as well. You planned this as well." 

"Alright, now let's get to the presents!" Minho urged. "I want to see what you two got each other."

"Yah, Choi Minho! Where is your patience?" Victoria criticized. 

"It's true though. I do want to see what they got each other. Good thinking, Minho." Sulli said.

"Okay, so on the count of three, yell out the present you got each other." Key said. 

"1, 2, 3!" 

"A song!" Sunyoung and Onew both shouted. 

"What is this concord? You two have to stop sending each other telepathic messages!" Jonghyun acknowledged.

"Wow, what next? Will you confess to each other at the same time, too?" Taemin chuckled. Onew stared at him, frozen. Sunyoung kept the smile on her face, however, but glanced at Jonghyun, who avoided her eyes. 

Sunyoung began to sing J-Rabbit's "Happy Birthday", with the lyrics about thanking God for meeting a special person. 

Onew sang B.A.P's "Happy Birthday", changing the lyrics a bit.

Happy birthday to you
My outgoing friend
Luna, to you
I’m happy because you’re here
Happy birthday to you
Just like today, forever
Luna, to you
I am thankful to you

From when my eyes open till when my eyes close
All day, you make me laugh
Nights without you are lonely
You’re like the sunlight that shines through the window
You wake me up and bother me to death                

 But you’re special, you’re different

Sunyoung applauded loudly, as everyone cheered.

"Omo, Onew, you're so cute!" Victoria squealed.

"Wow, Park Sunyoung! You really sang with your heart." Key raised his eyebrows, teasing Sunyoung. 

Sunyoung and Onew blushed, as their friends teased them. 

~~~

Sunyoung stretched on the floor of the hallway after a while. Her friends were discussing something and she couldn't handle their loud voices. It was tiring to even celebrate her birthday nowadays. As she was resting, someone walked out. 

Sunyoung stood up immediately. Onew stood at the door, smiling. 

"Oh, it's just you." Sunyoung leaned against the wall.

"What do you mean it's just me?" Onew said, leaning against the wall with her. 

"What are you giving me for my birthday?" Sunyoung asked, changing the subject.

"What do you mean? I sang a song for you."

"It was not created by you. You just tweaked the lyrics a little and called it a present."

"So did you!" Onew shouted.

"Can I have one last gift?" Sunyoung sighed, turning to Onew. Her heart beated rapidly and she wondered if Onew's was the same.

Slowly, she leaned towards Onew and took his face into her hands. She stared at him for a moment before they lips touched and Onew wrapped his arms around her.

Author's Note: 

Kyaaa~!!!! What am I doing!?!??! So much fluff! 

Sorry for the really late update, but at least I updated, right?

I would like to reveal that the next chapter may be extremely shocking, so brace yourselves for it^^

Thank you for your endless support! 

Bye bye!