Chapter 028

The Vanity in My Love

~~Chapter 028~~

45 minutes ago....

"Umma, appa, abeoji, omeoni. I would like you to meet my girlfriend, Kim Jung Ah. We started dating six or seven months ago and we weren't able to see you until now. I'm sorry I haven't told you sooner." 

Mrs.Lee gasped and then closed . "I'll be right back." Mrs. Park followed after her in a hurry.

Mrs.Lee rushed into the kitchen, where she spotted Sunyoung resting her head on the table. 

"Sunyoung, what are you doing?" Mrs.Park asked. Sunyoung lifted her head up and sighed.

"Nothing, umma." Sunyoung said quietly. 

"I'm going to talk to her, okay?" Mrs.Lee addressed Mrs.Park. Mrs.Park nodded and left the kitchen. 

"Sunyoung-ah. My beautiful child. How are you today?" Mrs.Lee sat next to Sunyoung., touching her arm. 

"I'm fine, omeoni. I'm always fine." 

"How do you feel about...you know what?" 

"Omeoni, why do I always get hurt? When Onew and I fell down on the street while playing, I scraped my knees and arms, but Onew was unscathed. When Onew and I took an exam in college, I would fail it and he would succeed. When we sang a duet together after we became singers, I got a myriad of hate, but he got so much praise for doing the same thing. And now, I stay by his side for twenty six years mentally making it so obvious that I loved him so much, but he, in front of me, starts dating another girl. Why? What did I do wrong? Was loving him wrong, omeoni?"

"Sunyoung-ah, I don't know the answer to that. Onew has an intelligent brain, but not an intelligent heart. He has the heart of a child and he doesn't understand his feelings anymore than you do. His choice may be regretted in the future. Sunyoung-ah, keep hope. I'm sorry. My son is like a child. He doesn't know anything. I have disappointed you. I should've never told you that you would marry Onew when you grow up."

"Omeoni, it's okay. It's not your fault. I'll just move on. Jonghyun is kind and I think he'll take care of me well. Maybe it's time for me to forget Onew."

"Sunyoung? What are you saying?"

"Of course, I'll still stay in touch with you. I love you like family. It's not like I'll move on from Onew right away. I have been exposed to him for so long." Sunyoung smiled. Mrs.Lee could see, however, that her smile was fake and inside Sunyoung was probably breaking apart.

"I'll support you Sunyoung. Okay? Don't worry. You'll be happy one day. Happier than you've ever been." Mrs.Lee hugged Sunyoung tightly. 

"I think I'll go now. You're probably shocked about Onew and Jung Ah." 

"Alright." Mrs.Lee let go of Sunyoung.

Present....

Sunyoung leaned onto the wall, that was facing a study room and out of sight from the living room. Tears streamed quickly down her cheeks. 

Pabo, Park Sunyoung. Pabo, pabo, pabo. How could you think one day you and Jinki could be together? Stop crying like a baby. Why do you cry for everything? Stop making everything so dramatic. Aiish. Lee Jinki, stop making my life hurt. I will get over you. Yes, I will.

When she heard footsteps in the hall, she wiped her tears and stood up, facing the wall. She remained silent and a gentle feminine voice spoke up. 

"Sunyoung-sshi, are you okay?" 

"Oh, Jung Ah-sshi. I'm fine. Why are you asking? I thought I dropped something here, so I came here to search as well. And let's drop the honorifics, right? We're friends." 

"Excuse me? I don't think we really should be friends. Don't you also like Oppa? That'll make us rivals, obviously." Jung Ah stated.

"Oppa?" Sunyoung frowned for a moment, before realizing that she meant Onew. "I don't like Onew. We're not even friends. We're just...people that have known each other for a long time."

"Oh, I thought you liked him. But, can I say something before I leave? Onew is mine and he will forever be mine and don't try to steal him, okay? You won't be able to. We're good for each other. You'll just ruin Onew if you two are together." Jung Ah said in an almost kind manner. She made her threat seem so kind that Sunyoung was taken aback.

Sunyoung raised her eyebrows and nodded. "I don't like him, anyway."

Onew and Jonghyun walked in at that moment and Jung Ah smiled brightly. "Sunyoung, do you need help finding whatever you were looking for?"

"No, I'm fine." Sunyoung said slowly, confused by Jung Ah's sweet words.

"Jung Ah, let's go, okay? I want to show you something in my room." Onew took Jung Ah's hand and she eagerly followed him.

Sunyoung watched them leave. Jung Ah was the first girl Onew had taken to his room, other than Sunyoung.

Jonghyun took Sunyoung's arm and smiled gently. Sunyoung led him away from the hallway and they settled in the living room again.

~~~

Amber, Sulli, Krystal, Victoria, Key, Jonghyun, and Taemin watched Sunyoung pack her belongings and recording material. Though males were not allowed in the dorm, their managers had become lenient with the rule as time went on.

"Yah, Park Sunyoung! What is this mess in your suitcase? You're not even folding your clothes properly!" Amber scolded, reaching out to fix Sunyoung's clothes. Sunyoung looked at the mess from where she was sitting, which was on the ground.

"Amber, leave it alone. It's okay, Sunyoung." Victoria touched Sunyoung's shoulder in a motherly way. 

"No, I should fix it, unni. Amber is right." Sunyoung sighed and rested her elbows on Amber's lap. 

"I'll help you then." Victoria suggested, bending down on her knees. 

"We'll miss you when you leave." Key suddenly brought up. 

"Yeah, we will. Unni, can't you stay here?" Krystal pleaded.

"I can't. My actual profession is in the States and I can't spend too much time here or else my record label there will drop me." Sunyoung stated. 

"Aigoo...that's very pressuring. I don't want to debut in the States." Taemin grimaced.

"It's not like we're going to anyway. Our fans are great here. Maybe just a couple of concerts." Key said. 

"Sunyoungie, we bought some stuff for you." Sulli said, taking out a heavy bag from behind her. "It contains all the wonderful memories you had with us. We have hidden cameras in the common room that takes pictures when we tell it to. Put it in your suitcase." 

"Thank you so much, Jinri-yah. And everyone else." Sunyoung smiled. "Can I say something before I leave tomorrow?" 

"I loved it here so much. I have never been happier than when I was here. I love all of you so much and I'm so grateful that you were here to help me. And tell Minho that I'll miss him, too. He has a schedule, right? Anyway, let's continue to be in contact with each other. Taeminnie, don't eat too much candy. Your teeth will go bad. Key, I'll be sure to buy you any cool accessories I find. Sulli-yah, take care of yourself and don't mind any haters. Fighting! Amber, keep on smiling! You look beautiful when you smile. Soojung-ah, tell me if Amber is still doing weird things and Victoria unni, tell me all your problems. Don't burden yourself, okay? Jonghyun, I'll miss you. We'll still be in touch, okay?" Sunyoung walked closer to Jonghyun. 

He wrapped his arms around her tightly and kissed her forehead. "I'll miss you, too." 

The room erupted in squeals and teases. Jonghyun and Sunyoung let go of each other and Sunyoung zipped up her suitcase and let it stand upright. 

"So, we're done here. I think I'll call Manager unni for the car." Sunyoung said. She glanced at the clock and frowned. Victoria watched her action carefully and whispered something into Sulli's ear. 

Why isn't he here yet? Did he forget that I'm leaving today? Does he dislike me that much? Sunyoung thought to herself. Even with all her friends here, her mind still drifted off to Onew. She guiltily looked at Jonghyun and closed her eyes, wiping any memories of Onew at the moment. 

The car arrived ten minutes later and Sunyoung waved to her lovely friends and Jonghyun, before climbing into the car. 

"Bye, Sunyoung!! I'll wait for you! Minho says bye too!" Jonghyun shouted. 

"BYE SUNYOUNG!!!!" The rest yelled. 

Sunyoung waved brightly, smiling. Her parents would be awaiting her arrival at the airport. 

~~~

The airplane gradually picked itself up from the runway at Incheon International Airport and Park Sunyoung observed the trees, cars, and buildings grow smaller. 

I'll miss you my dear friends. Jonghyun-ah, I wish you will understand my feelings. Onew, why didn't you come for me? 

~~~

Onew's visit to Jung Ah's parents....

"Jung Ah, I need to leave. Sunyoung is going to America today. It'll be disrespectful of me to just ignore her." Onew whispered.

"Oppa! My parents will feel bad about you only staying for a few minutes." Jung Ah hissed.

"Then, I'll tell them the situation." Onew said.

"But then they'll think you're cheating on me."

"Aiish. I'll stay them." Onew said. He quickly dialed Sunyoung's number, only to see that her cell phone was turned off.

No, no, no. This can't be happening. Sunyoung, I'm so, so sorry. You don't understand the situation I'm in. Please accept my apology. I really want to say goodbye to you, but I can't. Aiish. Why is Kim Jung Ah so burderning sometimes? Onew thought to himself.

Author's Note:

Hello everyone! ^_^

This chapter concludes Part 2 of "The Vanity in My Love"! 

Next chapter will consist of Sunyoung's reflection, which will be similar to Onew's reflection at the end of Part 1. 

Please look forward to the next part where new sides of all four main characters, Onew, Sunyoung, Jonghyun, AND Jung Ah, will be shown. So, you'll not only get to know Sunyoung and Onew, but also the supporting roles of Jonghyun and Jung Ah.

I'll be focusing more on the lovelines and conflicts, than their careers. 

So, please continue supporting "TVIML"! 

Thank you!