Chapter 014

The Vanity in My Love

~~Chapter 014~~

Sunyoung clicked on the article referring to her and Onew's recent Immortal Song 2 performance. She was nervous on the public response to it.

Park Sunyoung and SHINee's Onew team up for a cover of "One Year Later"

Global star Park Sunyoung and SHINee's Onew performed a duet of Onew's and Girls' Generation's Jessica's "One Year Later".

This week's "Immortal Song 2" was a "Modern Ballad" Special and it featured today's best K-pop ballad songs by various idol groups and soloists.
The audience gave a positive response to Sunyoung's and Onew's performance and they even received a standing ovation.

The special judge for that day, Singer Younha, commented that the two had a palpable passion for singing and that they had great chemistry. Look at the performance below and see whether you agree with the judge.

Despite the enthusiastic critiques, the number one award went to A Pink's Eunji for her ballad twist to miss A's "I Don't Need a Man".

In other news, Park Sunyoung is currently promoting her latest single, "Live". Onew is starring in the musical "Singin' in the Rain".

Sunyoung took a deep breath and looked at the netizen comments.

[+1456, -346] Omo~! This was the best performance in that episode. I don't know why they didn't receive number one.  Sunyoung-ssi and Onew-ssi sound beautiful. Their voices complement each other well.

[+789, -989] Aiish, why is this nobody performing with my oppa? Onew oppa, you sound like an angel, as usual.

[+1678, -432] This is the dream collab. Sunyoung unni and Onew oppa sound great and how is it that they sound perfect together? Neither of them outdid each other. They complemented each other so well!

[+1997, -651] I hope Sones don't bash me for this, but I think the Sunyoung-Onew cover of "One Year Later" is a lot better than the original one. Jessica and Onew sounded good together, but Sunyoung and Onew sound better.

[+784, -1034] Who is this guy screeching? He can't even sing. And look at Sunyoung. She's even worse.

[+2987, -456] I'm not even a Shawol or Lunatic, but I think that this duet was the best thing ever! Sunyoung's and Onew's voices work extremely well together! I hope they do more duets together.

[+2345, -333] Please SM, let Sunyoung and Onew have their own recorded duet! I love them singing together! A couple made in heaven. I ship these two together now!

Sunyoung could not contain her happiness reading the comments. It was relieving to see all the positive reviews. However, she couldn't help but feel angry reading the comments bashing Onew.

"Yah, have you heard Onew sing before? He sounds like an angel. Listen to his OSTs." Sunyoung muttered to herself. "I wonder if he's hurt by this. Aigoo...this must be hard on him. I'm used to this. Aiish, what am I saying? I shouldn't care. He'll live even if he sees this."

~~~

"Hyung, look at all the comments you and Sunyoung received from your duet? Did you know that Lee Soo Man ajhussi plans on making you two do another duet because of the hype from this small one you did together." Minho showed Onew the same comments Sunyoung had seen earlier.

Onew read each one of the comments and smiled to himself. However to the comments bashing Sunyoung, he frowned and mumbled, "How can you bash such a wonderful singer? Have you even heard her sing before? She is a real angel."

Minho stared at Onew, baffled. "Hyung, what did you just say?"

Onew shook his head. "N-nothing. I was just overjoyed with the comments."

"You should be. I haven't seen us get this many upvotes. Did you and Sunyoung noona hack into the comments?" Jonghyun teased.

"Yah!" Onew hit Jonghyun on the shoulder.

"Sunyoung noona is composing and writing most of the songs on her new album." Jonghyun said.

"Really? How did you know?" Onew grilled.

"I'm composing one of her songs. She told me." Jonghyun said.

"You spoke with her?" Onew demanded. He huffed and stormed away, throwing a pillow aside.

"What happened? Did I say something wrong?" Jonghyun asked, confused.

"No. I don't think so." Minho said, staring at Onew.

~~~

"Thank you so much. You sang well, too." Sunyoung complimented her partner, Alex Chu, in the duet they had done on MBC Idol Star 7080 Best Singer.

"I'm glad we won. It was all thanks to you though." Alex said.

Sunyoung nodded and said her goodbye and left to see her manager.

"Excuse me. Is Tiffany unni here? She's my manager." Sunyoung asked a nearby staff.

"She told me to tell you that she was taking a call about your album preparations." The staff member replied.

Sunyoung nodded and decided to look at any recent articles about her. She was surprised to see that there were already articles about her duet with Alex Chu.

However, the comments were even more shocking.

[+785, -134] This duet was good, but it's not as good as Sunyoung's and Onew's duet.

[+974, -378] Sunyoung unni did well, but I wish this duet was with Onew oppa instead,

[+863, -239] Alex Chu and Sunyoung sing well, just not together. The song would have sounded nicer with Sunyoung and maybe Onew?

[+987, -567] No!!! I don't like this at all! Only Sunyoung and Onew can sing together.  Screw this duet.

There were several comments like this that made Sunyoung perplexed. Were she and Onew really this "shipped"?

Three weeks later....

After three weeks of successfully wiping out all the number one trophies on all music shows each week, Sunyoung had concluded her promotions for the single "Live". It was now time to look over her lyrics and compositions to record for her album. Thus, Sunyoung, Tiffany, Lee Soo Man, and SM producers, songwriters, and composers were meeting to discuss what they were planning for the tracklist for the full-length album.

"Have a seat, Sunyoung." Lee Soo Man smiled at Sunyoung and gestured to the chair. Sunyoung obeyed and sat down on the chair.

"So, Sunyoung, how are you? Is everything alright with your promotions and variety appearances?" Soo Man asked.

"Yes ajhussi. They've been fun and I enjoyed them." Sunyoung replied.

"Well, I have some news to share with you. Recently, an MBC PD came to my office to ask me for your approval to join 'We Got Married'. I told him no. Was that an appropriate answer?"

"Yes. I am only a rookie idol in South Korea and I don't think I'm ready for a huge project like that. I want to focus on my album."

"Good choice, Sunyoung. Before we head onto our album discussions, I would like to speak with you about something. You are not dating anyone, right?"

Sunyoung coughed. "N-n-no. I am not dating anyone. Why are you asking?"

"There are a lot of fans of yours that are saying that you and SHINee's Onew are dating after your duet in Immortal Song 2. I think you two make a good couple, too." Lee Soo Man chuckled. "However, that won't happen right? Anyway, how do you feel about this? I thought that we can use this to our advantage and increase your fanbase as well as SHINee's fanbase."

Sunyoung paused. What is happening? I became a singer partly to get away from Onew, yet he became a singer, as well. Why do we keep meeting each other? Sunyoung thought.

"Ajhussi, do you mean that Onew-ssi and I should do fan service?" Sunyoung inquired.

Lee Soo Man nodded. "Exactly."

"Wouldn't that cause scandals though?"

"No, it will not. It's a unique type of fan service that you and Onew will be doing. You'll both coincidentally appear in the same variety shows once in a while and will name ideal types similar to each other. This will bring lots of hype to both you and SHINee. It's harmless. Is this alright for you?" Lee Soo Man explained.

Sunyoung looked down. This would increase the number of interactions she had with Onew. This false fan service was inevitable because this was part of her job description. She was required to do things like this. 

Sunyoung reluctantly nodded and listened to her future album preparation discussion begin.

Author's Note:

Annyeong readers! How was this chapter? I hope you all enjoyed it. 

I updated specially for August 12th for some of you and August 11th for others because it is Luna's birthday on August 12th!

So, to f(x)'s dancing machine, main vocalist, energy pill, sun, and moon and my number two ultimate bias, Park Sunyoung, I would like to wish her a happy birthday!

Luna was actually the member of f(x) I didn't really notice when I first discovered f(x) in 2011. I thought she was a good dancer and singer, but that was all. However over the years, she has caught my attention with her killer vocals that I didn't know about, her adorable antics, her dancing, the way she completely immerses herself when she performs, her funny personality, and lastly her smile. Her smile is everything. She has such a heartfelt and unfeigned smile, that whenever I'm feeling down and just see her smile, I am immediately feel happy. 

Continue to stay f(x)'s energy pill, Park Sunyoung! Saranghaeyo<3

For "The Vanity in My Love"'s next chapter, the tracklist for Sunyoung's new album will be revealed and so on.

Bye bye readers! Enjoy your day or night! :)