Chapter 010

The Vanity in My Love

~~Chapter 010~~

Five years later.....

"Sunyoung-ssi! Sunyoung-ssi! Please, just one question!" A swarm of reporters gathered in the Incheon International Airport to await the arrival of famous Korean-American singer Park Sunyoung. Several fans held up sweet signs and shouted out "I love you!" to the singer.

As a true Korean, Sunyoung had changed her original American name, Luna Park, to her Korean name, Park Sunyoung, when she first became a singer in the United States. Despite the difficulty of the pronounciation of her name to Americans, Park Sunyoung had taken over the States with her music and lovable personality. 

Park Sunyoung decided, with the help of her manager Tiffany Hwang, that she would like to release an album in her home country and thus, left for South Korea.

"Please, everyone! Sunyoung-ssi will answer your questions in a press conference at a later time! Please hold off on all questions until then!" Tiffany Hwang announced, as Sunyoung attempted to say something. Sunyoung happily waved to fans and even stopped to take a picture with a few, until her manager urged her to go.

Soon, Sunyoung and her manager stepped into a car to go to Sunyoung's commodious apartment, conveniently located next to her parent's home, as well as Sunyoung's Korean entertainment label, SM Entertainment. 

"Aigoo. I'm so tired. How long will it take at the SM Entertainment building, unni?" Sunyoung asked Tiffany.

"Well, you should have not stopped to say chat with your fans, then. Sunyoung, you can't do that in every airport. You'll be worn out. It'll take about a few hours at SM. You'll speak with Lee Soo Man-ssi and then meet your label mates. We'll start discussing your album details with Kenzie-ssi, a songwriter and composer at SM. SM's producers and management team are  thinking nine songs for the album. That seems like a good number, right?" Tiffany informed.

"Unni, the fans wait a long time for me at the airport. I want to spend at least a little time with them. Don't you think they'll be disappointed if I don't even greet them? As for the album, I think nine songs seem pretty good. I'll be composing a few, right? I already have a couple of compositions in mind." Sunyoung responded.

"Yes, you'll be composing a few. You have the freedom to do whatever you want, in terms of composition and lyrics. Sunyoung, you really are an amazing person. Your fans are really lucky to have you." Tiffany smiled. 

The ride remained silent, until the car stopped at the apartment. Sunyoung's parents were already waiting near the apartment for Sunyoung. 

"Umma! Appa!" Sunyoung hugged them tightly, as soon as she saw them.

"Sunyoung-ah, how are you? Did you have fun with your fans?" Mr.Park, Sunyoung's supportive father, asked.

"Yes. They really knew my songs. Let's go unpack. I have to go to SM in a half hour." Sunyoung said, dragging her large suitcase inside. 

As Sunyoung entered the apartment, she gaped at the sophistication of it. It had a red and white theme and was flawless with the modern furniture and high ceilings.

"Umma! What do I do with such a big apartment?" Sunyoung exclaimed.

"Enjoy it. You deserve this, Sunyoung. You worked hard to become a singer." Mrs.Park smiled. Sunyoung blushed and nodded, taking her suitcase from Tiffany.

"Annyeong haseyo, Mrs.Park." Tiffany greeted Mrs.Park politely.

"I told you can call me omeoni." Mrs.Park said.

"Yes, omeoni." Tiffany smiled. "Sunyoung, are you ready? We have to leave."

"I'm ready. Bye umma and appa! I'll see you soon!" Sunyoung waved to her parents and followed Tiffany to the car.

"Unni, why can't we just walk? We can get some exercise and SM is at a walkable distance." Sunyoung suggested.

"Fans, Sunyoung. They're already speculating that you live here. You need privacy as an idol." Tiffany said. Sunyoung sighed and reluctantly agreed with Tiffany.

~~~

"Annyeong haseyo, Park Sunyoung imnida." Sunyoung greeted the chairman of SM Entertainment.

"Annyeong haseyo. I am Lee Soo Man, as you might be aware of already." Lee Soo Man chuckled. "Sunyoung, think of me as your second father. I am very loving and I care about every one of my artists. I love them all! I'm glad you have chosen to be involved with SM over YG Entertainment and JYP Entertainment. I will be taking care of how you'll be presented upon the public and any scandals you've been in. But, I see that you're a scandal-free idol. Very good, but this makes you a target for the media. You'll be watched upon very meticulously, so be alert on what you do. Currently, I do not want you releasing an album right away. You are already immensely popular with the public and I want you to promote your latest English single, "Live". The song's already charting high in all music charts, so this is excellent. You'll perform on music shows and make variety appearances, okay? We'll start there and then we'll work on your album. Is this alright for you?"

"Yes, Mr.Lee Soo Man. I agree with everything." Sunyoung smiled.

"Call me ajhussi. And, Manager unnie will be given your schedule and you can act according to that. Let's meet your label mates now." Lee Soo Man stated. Sunyoung followed him to another room, where a group of people were talking amicably.

"Attention. Everyone, please be quiet. I want you all to meet someone." Lee Soo Man said. The group quieted down. "This is Park Sunyoung. She will be part of our family from this moment on. Please make friends with her. I know you will though." 

"Annyeong haseyo." Luna bowed and smiled at her new label mates.

"Okay, everyone introduce yourselves. I have other business. Bye! Sunyoung, tell me if you have any issues." 

"Annyeong haseyo, Sunyoung-ssi! We are DBSK! I'm Yunho. This is Changmin, Yoochun, Junsu, and Jaejoong." Yunho greeted. 

"Annyeong haseyo, DBSK sunbaes. I'm actually a fan of yours." Sunyoung admitted shyly. 

"Really? We're fans of yours, too!" Jaejoong exclaimed. The six laughed good-naturedly and Sunyoung moved on to the next artists.

"Annyeong haseyo! We are Super Junior!" Super Junior greeted coolly. They introduced themselves one by one and Sunyoung gasped at the number of people.

"Omo, it will take me a while to remember everyone's names." Sunyoung said.

"We'll help you!" Sungmin assured. Sunyoung thanked and walked toward a group of girls. 

"Annyeong haseyo! We are Girls' Generation!" They also introduced themselves and Sunyoung was awed by their beauty.

"Jessica sunbae, you all are so beautiful." Sunyoung said to who she thought was Jessica.

"I'm Taeyeon. It's alright. We'll become great friends and then you'll know us. Call us unni or oppa. Yunho oppa and Leeteuk oppa don't mind, right?" Taeyeon said. Leeteuk, the leader of Super Junior and Yunho, the leader of DBSK, nodded.

"Okay, unni." Sunyoung smiled brightly. She headed to two other people. 

"Annyeong, I'm J-Min unni! You can call me Jimin unni though." J-Min smiled. 

"Annyeong haseyo."

The next two artists/ actress were Choi Jinri, an actress who greeted her cutely, and EXO, who were so young.

"We are f(x)! Annyeong haseyo!" f(x) greeted brightly. They introduced themselves as Leader Victoria, Amber, and Maknae Krystal. Luna found herself warm up to the group quickly.

"Annyeong haseyo. Your greeting was unique." Luna said. 

"I know. I'm the one who created it." Amber said proudly.

Finally, Luna walked to a group of boys, the last artist in the room. 

"Annyeong haseyo! We are the shining SHINee!" The group greeted radiantly. 

Luna bowed to them and then looked up to see someone familiar. 

"Hyung! Introduce everyone!" An assumed younger member nudged the person. He was frozen, with his eyes locked on her. 

"Aiish. This leader. Annyeong, I'm Jonghyun! This is Key, maknae Taemin, Minho, and our leader Onew!" Jonghyun smiled.

Sunyoung stared at SHINee's leader. Was this really Onew, her childhood friend? The person she had a critical arguement with? 

Jinki-yah, is this really you? Smart Lee Jinki became a singer, when he could've been anything? Sunyoung thought to herself.

The rest of Sunyoung's day was a blur, with all the preparations she had to do for her first interview with the press and her reconcilation with Onew stuck in her mind.

Author's Note:

Annyeong readers! 

I hope you appreciated the double update today! 

So, Luna, actually no, Sunyoung, became a singer! She achieved her dream! Yes! 

Let me give you a background on Sunyoung's singing career.

She originally debuted two years after she went to America, after the whole incident with Onew. Since then, she had released two studio albums, one mini-album or EP, and four singles. She decided to change her American name to her Korean one because she wanted to show that she was proud to be a Korean singer in the States. Sunyoung received praise from the beginning with her spectacular vocals, dancing, and everything, really. She gained many fans and followers with her SNS accounts. Sunyoung has celebrity fans, as well. She also had solo concerts in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. 

After almost all her songs on her albums had peaked at number one on Korean music charts, Sunyoung decided to reside in South Korea for a while to release an album for her fans there. 

So, that's it. 

It was pretty shocking to see Onew also become a singer, right? You readers probably expected him to be a successful businessman....

You'll find out about Onew's story in the next chapter. 

Bye bye!