*Special Chapter: MinStal

The Vanity in My Love

~~Special Chapter: MinStal~~

Two and a half years ago...

"Yuri-ah! Why would you do this? Have I been doing anything wrong?" Minho cried, his anger showing with each word he said. 

"Minho....it's just that I think you're too young for me now. You should date someone who you can take care of properly without being restricted with the fact that she is your noona." Yuri replied quietly, leaning against the armrest of the bench.

"Is it someone else?" Minho whispered, dejected.

"Aniyo, it's just, actually.....it is. I'm so sorry, Minho. I hope we can still be friends." Yuri touched Minho's shoulders. Minho brushed her hand away and shook his head.

"Can we talk later about being friends again? I don't want to see you at the moment." Minho said.

"Thank you, Minho. You've made me happy in the moments we've been together." Yuri said, before leaving. "I'll be leaving then."

Minho sighed and sat on the bench, his head hanging. His first break up ever. He felt like crying, but no tears were falling.

"Minho!" A voice called from afar. Minho looked up to see Krystal looking at him with a bright smile. Minho slightly smiled at her and gestured for her to come. She ran to him and quickly sat next to him, still smiling.

"You seem happy, today." Minho said, patting Krystal's head. 

Krystal shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe I am. I see you're not. It's okay, Minho. I know how you feel. I felt like you do now when I ended my relationship with Minhyuk oppa. You'll be happy in the end, okay? Oppa and I are friends still and I'm happy with that. Yuri unni and you can be friends still. Sometimes being friends is better than being girlfriend/boyfriend."

Minho sighed again and leaned against Krystal's shoulder. A tear slipped from his eyes and Krystal, as well as himself, were shocked from it.

"Minho-ah, it's okay." Krystal patted his cheek gently. Minho took short breaths. It had been over 20 years since Minho had cried. In fact, he had forgotten how to cry. Maybe it was the fact that his mother and hyung left him when he was little and that turned him into a person who seeked optimism in everything.

They remained that way for a short ten minutes and when they heard someone calling Minho's name, they immediately parted and Krystal awkwardly stood up.

"I think I'll go then." Krystal said, smiling shyly.

Minho nodded and stood up, going the opposite way of Krystal.

~~~

"Yah, Choi Minho, I saw you with Krystal. You two were pretty close for being friends." Key said, raising his eyebrows. Minho looked up from his song lyrics and at Key.

"Key, Yuri broke up with me at the gardens. I was quietly moping when Krystal came to comfort me. I guess she saw us together. But, things slowly got weirder as I felt like being comforted by only her. Is it weird how I changed my opinion of Krystal so soon?"

"Minho, I never thought of you as being someone that is innocent. With the reputation of being the world's best love guru, I can tell you this. You've been in love with Krystal. I'm positive. Haven't you realized it yourself? While we were planning stuff for Sunyoung noona and Onew hyung, you got closer with Krystal. You two are good for each other if you haven't noticed. It's simple to understand if you were paying attention to what you were doing. I'm sure Krystal has some sort of feelings for you."

"Wow, are you serious? What is this? I've just broken up with someone and you want me to date another someone?" Minho said.

"Well this someone is the one for you, Minho. I'm sure of it. For the sixteen years I've known you, I came to the conclusion that she is the only one for you."

~~~

Krystal rushed away, ashamed and mortified. How could she succumb to showing her affection for Minho so easily? Did she really like Minho more than a friend?

She knocked on the dorm door rapidly and Sulli opened it in a panic.

She looked at Krystal's terrified face and exclaimed, "Soojung-ah, what's wrong? What happened? Were you attacked by fans or reporters?" 

"No, nothing at all. f(x)'s fans are too kind to do something like that." Krystal said.

"Then what's wrong?" Sulli demanded, fretting. Victoria appeared from the kitchen, alarmed at Sulli's emphatic voice.

"What's wrong?" Victoria said, looking at Krystal from top to bottom, checking for any injuries.

"Everyone, I think I am in love with Minho." Krystal confessed, still shocked.

"Jung Soojung, that's it?! You are freaking out and it's because of this? You know how worried we were?" Sulli scolded.

"Sulli, hold on a minute. It's okay, Krystal. Come and sit down first. Do you want water?" Victoria led Krystal to the sofa and forced her to take a seat. Krystal took deep breaths, trying to explain herself.

"Unni, I saw Yuri unni breaking up with Minho and so, like a good friend would do, I decided to comfort him. But, I guess things got too far. He leaned on to me and I wanted to hug him all of a sudden and I don't know what's going on. It's wrong to confess to someone who was just dumped and I don't know what to do." Krystal blurted out.

Victoria sighed and thought for a moment. Krystal was in a stressful situation. But she smiled at Sulli and nodded at her to explain to Krystal a certain truth.

"Have you just realized that you're in love with Minho?" Victoria asked. Krystal nodded, confused. 

"We've been secretly observing you and Minho while we were busy with Sunyoung unni and Onew oppa. You two really hit it off and it made us think you've finally found the one. Minho takes exceptional care of you and I'm definite that he will continue to do so. He likes you, Krys, and so do you." Sulli said.

"Really? Are you sure? But wasn't he dating Yuri unni when we were dealing with OnYoung?" Krystal said.

"But that doesn't mean he can't have feelings for anyone else. He must've been forcing himself to like Yuri when he really didn't. He knew it was wrong to like another girl when he was already dating her. But you are just too perfect and he fell for you." Victoria chuckled.

Krystal nodded. What was to happen with her and Minho now?

~~~

"Victoria noona. Is Krystal here?" Minho asked, nervously. Victoria nodded and called her over, hiding her laugh. Minho was definitely nervous and that possibly meant he was going to confess to Krystal. Minho was never nervous with Victoria.

Krystal followed Minho down the hallway and he stopped near the window.

"Krys, I just want to say thank you so much for what you did for me a few days ago. It was really nice of you." Minho said.

Krystal smiled brightly and shrugged. "Aigoo... I didn't do much. I was just being a good friend."

"Krystal?" Minho looked at her and smiled.

She stared back, suddenly her smile wiping away after seeing Minho's beautiful smile.

"Do you want to spend more time together? You're a fun person to be with and I want to spend more time with you. Is that okay?" Minho hinted at an indirect confession.

"Did you just indirectly confess to me?" Krystal laughed. Minho blushed and nodded.

"You're so cute! Yes, I would love to spend more time with the one and only Choi Minho!" Krystal smiled even brighter than before.

Minho pulled her in for a hug as a sign of gratitude and affection.

"I like you, Krystal." Minho said.

"I like you too, Minho." Krystal reiterated Minho's words.

~~~

Author's Note:

Hello everyone!

So I've decided to try something new with this story by adding occasional MinStal or TaeLli or KeyBer chapters just to change the perspective. I hope you all like this idea, but comment below if you don't! 

Also, these chapters are starred, so you don't have to read them if you don't want to. They don't affect the main storyline surrounding Onew and Sunyoung. But please do read them ^^

Thanks for all the support and good bye! Next chapter will be a normal chapter with the answer to Jonghyun's proposal! :)