Chapter 021

The Vanity in My Love

~~Chapter 021~~

SMTOWN:The Secrets and Joys continued.....

Sunyoung's team's room:

Jonghyun caught Sunyoung before she fell. "Sunyoung, are you okay?" Jonghyun exclaimed.

"Unni!" Krystal and the other team members rushed to Sunyoung's side.

"Yes, I'm fine. Let's get back to work, okay?" Sunyoung smiled, standing up.

"WHAT?! You just fell from a ladder and you want to get back on it? No, let someone else go! Yah, Kyuhyun oppa. You're the one who made Sunyoung fall." Jessica accused, teasing him.

"It's fine. I am fine. Jessica unni, you're exaggerating. I can go again." Sunyoung assured.

"Okay. Then, Sunyoung noona, take a screwdriver and we'll shine a flashlight if necessary." Minho said, handing a small screwdriver to Sunyoung.

"Here, I have the flashlight." Kangin held up a flashlight and positioned it for shining.

"Are you sure, Sunyoung?" Sooyoung verified.

"Yes." Sunyoung nodded, walking toward the ladder. "Aigoo, this will take a while. Maybe Onew's team already won." Sunyoung said.

"Sunyoung fighting!" Yuri cheered. Her team cheered her on as she climbed up the ladder.

Clutching the screwdriver, Sunyoung reached the top of the room and observed the window. She noticed that not much effort was put into screwing the windows. They seemed to be handscrewed and Sunyoung reached out to unscrew them. As Sunyoung finished unscrewing the window's glass, she held the nails in her hand and realized that window open inward.

"Push it!" Hyoyeon suggested. Sunyoung pushed the window and the window began to reveal the bright sunlight.

"Yes! We did it! Get onto the roof!" Shindong and the rest of the members celebrated, clapping their hands and raising them in the air.

Sunyoung obeyed and stepped out onto the roof, just as someone else was.

Onew's team's room:

"We can't do it. Let's face it. I didn't see anything when I went up there and neither did Seohyun, Key, or Taeyeon." Victoria sighed, falling to the ground. 

"We should do something. Onew, you go up and try. You're intelligent, right?" Sunny said.

"Me?" Onew raised his eyebrows. 

"Yes, you. Hurry. Sunyoung and the rest of them are probably already on the roof and laughing at us. Let's go!" Sungmin urged, pushing Onew towards the ladder.

"Hyung, relax. I'm going." Onew chuckled. He easily climbed the step ladder and reached the skylight window. Onew observed the window for a second and laughed.

"What's wrong?" Taeyeon asked.

"You guys couldn't figure this out? Victoria, even you, didn't realize this? The window has simple handscrews. Didn't you guys see them?" Onew said, unscrewing the nails. 

"Really? I might have been looking at the hinges of the window then. I didn't pay close attention then." Seohyun said.

Onew gently pushed the window open and stepped onto the roof, as he heard the sounds of his friends and labelmates cheering. 

Just as he stepped onto the roof, he spotted someone else doing the same.

"Sunyoung?" Onew said. 

"Onew? Does this mean we're tied?" Sunyoung asked. Onew shrugged his shoulders. 

Suddenly, the same voice from before began to speak.

"Congratulations to both teams for successfully completing the challenge. The winner for this challenge is a tie, as both Sunyoung and Onew reached the top at the exact time. Please come forward, leaders and take your prize of special chicken set for both teams. You can celebrate with these tonight at our SMTOWN banquet." 

~~~

Sunyoung walked into a large hall, beautifully decorated, with f(x) and Girls' Generation. It was breathtaking. Everyone was dressed elegantly and were seated at a certain table. 

Sunyoung was seated with f(x) and SHINee, between Amber and Onew. Onew awkwardly smiled at her and Sunyoung smiled back. 

"Are you ready to make the announcement?" Onew asked.

"I guess. We just got here. So, let's wait a while." Sunyoung whispered.

"Yah, what are you two whispering about?" Victoria questioned. 

"We'll tell you later." Onew said. The table turned to the stage in the front of the room to listen to Super Junior's Kyuhyun and Heechul speak. As mealtime came near, the table was free to talk again.  

"Sunyoung, you look lovely." Jonghyun complimented.

"Yes, you look very nice." Onew added in quickly.

"Thank you. You look handsome as well." Sunyoung said, staring at Jonghyun. "You too, Onew."

"How's your duo with Woohyun-sshi going, Key?" Victoria wondered.

"It's going well. How's your drama, noona?" Key responded.

"It's extremely fun. Taemin, I heard you're going solo! Krystal was telling me that she heard Minho telling our manager oppa." Victoria said.

"Yes, noona. I am. It's going well, so far. I really like the demo tracks on the album. I hope fans like it though." Taemin said.

"I'll buy the album. I'm sure it'll sound great." Sunyoung said.

"Me too! I need more music to listen to anyway." Amber smiled.

The table went on chatting and Onew signaled to Sunyoung. The two got up and rushed to the stage. Eyes were drawn to them, as they seemed very secretive. They stopped at the center and called for attention, even though the attention was already on them.

"Everyone, we have an announcement." Onew called.

"That you're dating?" Hyoyeon shouted.

"No. We are making a project in which Onew and I will be a duo called Black&White." Sunyoung paused.

The room went silent.

"We'll be releasing our first album soon. Surprise!" Onew smiled.

Author's Note:

Surprise! As Onew said.... 

Is everyone shocked? This was an idea I had in my head for so long and I couldn't wait to reveal this in the story! 

I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter even though it was short! I'll be updating with the tracklist as well as color coded lyrics.

Bye bye!