Chapter 038

The Vanity in My Love

~~Chapter 038~~

"Thank you for being here. The press meet will now end. We apologize for cutting the meet short." A staff member announced, trying to maintain the surprised media.

Jinyoung took Onew by the arm and dragged him out of the room aggressively. It was apparent that he was extremely disappointed in SHINee's leader. The press meet had been live on national television so many people would've witnessed Onew's confession.

"Onew, what have you done?!" Jinyoung shouted angrily.

"I don't know." Onew said quietly. He was unable to fathom the current situation. The only thing he remembered was that he had been truly happy in the first time after SHINee had gone on a hiatus.

"What do you mean 'you don't know'? You should know. Onew, you just potentially ruined your career and Sunyoung's. Do you discern this matter?" Jinyoung demanded.

Onew rose his head higher. He hadn't taken into thought his or Sunyoung's career.

"Hyung, I didn't. It just came out. I-"

"Can I speak to Onew?" Sunyoung interrupted, appearing from a nearby room.

Onew turned away from Sunyoung, ashamed to meet her eyes.

"Go ahead, Sunyoung. You should be even more angry with him than I am. If that is possible."

Jinyoung glared at Onew, before walking away.

"Onew...." Sunyoung began.

"Sunyoung, I'm so sorry. I didn't know what I was doing. I promise you that I will do everything to reestablish your name in the industry. I'm so sorry. Its all my fault. You can punch me or kick me or hit me or do whatever you want to me. Don't forgive me. I don't care." Onew said quietly, his back facing the wall. Sunyoung stepped towards him and touched his shoulder. She turned him around and hugged him tightly. In what felt like two seconds to Onew, she let go of him.

"Jinki-ah, it's okay. I forgive you. But why did you do this? You could've damaged your reputation. Everyone knows you as the innocent, sweet leader. This will make you seem bold and shameless. You won't be thought of in the same way again. And, I'm sorry, Onew. I can't do this to Jonghyun. He has done and given up a lot for me. I can't disappoint him. I know how you feel. You've done worse to me. But just know that we can be friends. I'm here for you if you need me. I think I should go." Sunyoung stated, looking at Onew.

Friends? I don't want to be friends. AISHH! Park Sunyoung, why must you do this to me? Actually, never mind. Its understandable. I've done the same to you in a way. And that too, I've done to you twice. Rejection. But I love you....why do I have such a fickle mind? I change up my life so easily. Onew thought.

Sunyoung hurried away from Onew when he grabbed her wrist. Facing her, Onew leaned in towards Sunyoung's face.

"I'm sorry." And then he kissed her. A soft, sweet kiss. Onew wrapped his arms tightly around Sunyoung as if he would lose her if he didn't. However, Onew knew that he would lose her no matter how much he held on to her. Because now she was Jonghyun's.

Sunyoung gave into his warm grasp and wrapped her arms around him.

Am I doing this to comfort you, Onew, or am I returning your feelings for me? I liked you, Onew. But I don't think I do anymore, right? Sunyoung confirmed to herself.

Onew finally let go of Sunyoung and sped from her view. Sunyoung watched him leave with mixed emotions. She wanted to help him, but how could she when what he wanted was her heart? Jonghyun had her heart and she couldn't take it from him so easily.

~~~

"Yah, why would he do such a foolish thing?" Key exclaimed, after f(x), Sulli, and SHINee(excluding Onew) gathered in Key and Amber's house. Key had concluded that after hearing Onew's confession, there needed to be a discussion about this. Instantaneously, Amber had phoned f(x) and SHINee to come over to his house.

"Maybe he was feeling down. " Sulli thought.

"It doesn't matter. He should've been careful." Jonghyun frowned. Jonghyun was initially enraged at Onew's public confession. However, he began to feel guilty. If he had not dated Sunyoung, Onew could've been with her and not done this.

Minho gulped and looked at Taemin, hesitant to hear what Jonghyun had to say about Onew's confession.

"I know what you are thinking.Yes; if you didn't ask Sunyoung on a date, this would not have happened. But, you would've been unhappy, right, Jonghyun? You've changed since last year. Your thoughts have become more mature and you aren't as adamant about your desires. I'm proud of your change, Jonghyun." Victoria smiled, patting Jonghyun's shoulder. Jonghyun gazed at her, surprised she knew what he was thinking. 

"Noona, what should I do?" Jonghyun wondered, sighing.

"Do what you think is right." Victoria replied.

The group remained fairly quiet with the exception of small conversation. 

When Onew came in(since Key had told him to come), everyone stood up as if a government official had arrived. Onew nodded at them and sat on the couch, worn out from the stress he was facing. Jonghyun took a seat next to Onew and put his arm around him. 

"Hey." Jonghyun said quietly.

"Hi." Onew answered, glum. He ran his fingers through his hair and rested his head on his arms which were resting in his lap. 

Jonghyun took his arm off of Onew and looked at him. "Hyung, are you okay?" 

Onew looked at him, surprised. It had been years since Jonghyun had addressed him as hyung. Jonghyun stopped calling Onew "hyung" when Jonghyun started dating Sunyoung. 

"Onew hyung, I am so sorry. This time, I really am. I've said it in the past, but this time, I sincerely feel guilty for treating the backbone of SHINee, my support, my Onew hyung, so poorly. I realized how hurt you must've been. Hyung, do you love Sunyoung?" Jonghyun stated, leaning in to give Onew a small hug.

Taemin nudged Key, delighted that Jonghyun was on better terms with Onew.

"Jonghyun, even if I love Sunyoung, it doesn't matter. She is yours and she will continue to be yours. Thank you, Jonghyun. I missed you as one of the closest people that are in my life." Onew gave him a small smile.

"Do you want her?" Jonghyun asked.

"No. She is yours."

"Hyung, are you sure? Are you okay with us getting married?"

"I could never be more happy for you both. Congratulations. I'll be less happy if you give her up." Onew exclaimed. "I am perfectly fine with you getting married." 

"Thank you so much, hyung. Thank you, thank you, thank you."

Victoria nodded in satisfaction, looking at Minho. At least one problem had been solved. Jonghyun and Onew were friends again. 

"YES! You two are friends again!!! I couldn't wait for this moment!" Krystal cheered, unable to contain her happiness. Minho chuckled, hugging her waist. 

Jonghyun smiled. It seemed as if a huge weight had lifted from his shoulders.

Key suddenly stood up, looking at his phone.He cleared his throat and read a message from SHINee's manager.

"SHINee is having an emergency meeting in our normal meeting room. Be there immediately. SM has unfortunate news." Key looked at Onew, worried.

Proving that he was really the one fit to be a leader, Onew stood up, his face turning serious. "Alright, SHINee, we have to go to SM Entertainment then. Amber, can everyone stay here for the day? I don't think it is good for you guys to come out when SM Entertainment is in such a huge scandal. All because of me."

"Oppa, stop blaming it on yourself. You'll only feel worse. Victoria unni and the others were planning to stay here anyway. Sunyoung said she'll see if she can come later. She's at her parent's house right now." Amber said. Onew nodded, sighing.

"Okay. Let's get going then." Jonghyun said.

~~~

"Okay. Is everyone here?" Lee Soo Man asked, looking around.

"Yes, sir." Jinyoung stated. He avoided looking at Onew, still angry at him.

"Good. Onew, what have you done for me now?" Lee Soo Man asked, his expression turning into the face of a disappointed uncle.

"Ahjusshi, I am so sorry. I-I don't know why I did it. Maybe it was jealousy of Jonghyun? I regret it so much." Onew said, looking down in shame.

"This was very immature of you, Onew!!! Can't you hold in your feelings?" Jinyoung scolded. Onew bit his lip, feeling even worse. Minho looked at him, agitated for him.

"Jinyoung, please refrain from doing that." Lee Soo Man stated. Jinyung nodded quickly.

"Onew, what you did was unacceptable. As a veteran singer, you should know better than to do this. The hate you have received is insurmountable. Sunyoung has a lot of male fans, as you may know. They are furious at you and we are struggling to settle the situation. What surprised me was that not many of your fans were able to support you. Don't you have wonderful fans, Onew? Here are some SNS comments currently, just so you know." Lee Soo Man continued, handing Onew a piece of paper.

Onew took the paper, astonished at the hate he received.

[+400,-30] Wow....I did not expect this from Onew. I never thought that he really would have feelings for Sunyoung/

[+1235,-321] NOO. Why is this idiot confessing his love for Sunyoung? He does not even deserve to even look at her face. She is so much better than him. It's a good thing she's already dating Jonghyun.

[+4562,-1643] Screw this idol. He's not even a real singer, but only an untalented entertainer, while Sunyoung is a realy artist. He doesn't deserve her. It's a good thing that Sunyoung is already engaged to Jonghyun, so now he won't even have a chance with her.

[+239,-1784] Guys, stop it. When Onew wasn't in a scandal, you were all like, "Onew's the best singer on Earth", but now what is this? Don't you have any morals? Everyone makes mistakes. Why do you need to be this criticizing?

[+2578,-450] What a joke and attention seeker. Just because he has lost popularity after losing his girlfriend, he goes to try to ruin Sunyoung's career. How pathetic. Loser.   

"Sir, fans are demanding Onew-sshi to make an apology and Onew-sshi has been receiving death threats." A staff member stepped into the room, announcing the latest news. "Our managers are attempting to shut down any previously scandalous photographs of Onew-sshi or the other SHINee members. But sir, it may not be possible to stop all of the photos from being released. Jonghyun-sshi, Taemin-sshi, please be the most careful."

"What the hell? Onew hyung is loved by the public though." Key exclaimed, angered.

"We thought so, too. Apparently, it's not as much as the public loves Sunyoung. Unforunately, this adds fuel to the fire." Lee Soo Man said.

"Onew, after great thought, SM Entertainment is in talks to dismiss you from SHINee. It is the best for SHINee's, Sunyoung's, and your own future. I apologize for this." Lee Soo Man announced. 

Author's Note:

Wow, what an ending to a chapter....

Hello everyone! Quicker update this time :)

This chapter focused on the consequences of Onew's confession and the "scary" life of an idol. Though Onew isn't really hated in real life, in this chapter and story, I made it so....

I think most of you are surprised with this chapter, are you?

Please continue to support this story and my other fanfiction^^

I hope everyone is doing well! :)

  If you have the time, please look at my new LuNew fanfic, "Red Light"! It's a futuristic plot and a new concept for me, so please give it a chance!

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/887949/red-light-fxband-luna-lunew-onew-shinee-shineefx-futuristic

Thank you and bye bye<3