Chapter 034

The Vanity in My Love

~~Chapter 034~~

Onew shuffled through his closet and sighed, still reminded of Jonghyun's and Sunyoung's engagement. It had been a week, but the engagement wasn't something that was unmemorable. It was between Jonghyun, one of Onew's closest friends and brothers, and Sunyoung, someone Onew couldn't give a name to. He was unsure of what he felt of Sunyoung now that Jung Ah was in his presence. He loved her, but he loved Jung Ah, too. 

ung Ah watched Onew pace around the bedroom closet, looking for a specific article of clothing. She was about to say something, but thought better of it and closed . 

Onew looked up to see Jung Ah close . "What's wrong?"

"Nothing oppa." Jung Ah pressed her lips together, shaking her head. 

"Jung Ah, you can tell me. I'm Onew." Onew smiled at her.

"Why are you so anxious today?" Jung Ah finally asked.

"Oh, that's it? Minho's wedding is in a couple of days. I'm trying to find something to wear. You should, too. You can ask Sun-Victoria what she and the other girls are wearing and you can coordinate with them."

"Sun-Victoria?" Jung Ah raised her eyebrows at the thought of Onew almost mentioning Sunyoung.

"I meant Victoria. Anyway, go look for a dress or something in the meantime." Onew patted Jung Ah's head, urging her to go. 

"Oppa, am I allowed to come? I wasn't really invited. Minho-sshi or Krystal-sshi aren't close with me." Jung Ah said.

"Yah, pabo. Of course you can come. You're my girlfriend and I'm expected to bring you." Onew held her chin with two fingers.

Jung Ah nodded and went to select a dress. As she returned, her eyes showed a dreamy look and she gazed at Onew until he called for the fourth time.

"Oppa, I can't wait for my wedding. I can't wait to be dressed in beautiful white gown. It'll be so exciting and I wonder who the special person that will live with me for the rest of my life will be. I hope he has a sweet voice that can soothe me at anytime of the day. I hope that he isn't too tall and not too short and fits my height perfectly. I hope that he has blood type...AB? I hope that-" Jung Ah was interrupted by Onew's sudden word. 

"Stop." Onew said quietly, in almost a whisper. Jung Ah's mouth was kept open and she frowned, anticipating Onew's words. 

"Jung Ah, I know what you are doing. I'm not interested in marriage right now. I want to spend some time with you as a girlfriend first. Please don't rush me. I like you and I want to get to know you even more than I do now. So, please, let's take things slowly. Also, I'm blood type O." Onew explained. 

"Are you serious?" Jung Ah responded. Onew nodded.

Jung Ah's face scrunched up like a child's house and she bit her lip in anger. "I knew it! You like Sunyoung! This confirms my suspicions!" 

"Kim Jung Ah, why would I like her? She's engaged to Jonghyun already anyway." Onew stated. 

"So what? That won't stop you from liking her! Ever since she came here, all you do is think about Sunyoung!" 

"How do you know what I think about? I don't think about Sunyoung! I have no reason to!" Onew lied. 

"Yes you do! Stop lying to me! You like Sunyoung and that is why you do not want to marry me!" 

"I told you that I want to take things slowly. You're just jealous that I've known Sunyoung longer than I've known you." 

"Yes, maybe I am. But it's obvious, right? You don't love me the same anymore. She has been affecting you majorly. Forget her!!"

"Jung Ah, she is my friend. I will not forget her. She has nothing to do with us." 

"She is more than your friend. I can tell that you like her. It's so obvious. I don't know what to say anymore, Onew...."  

"AIISH. Jung Ah, why are you losing trust in me?! Stop with your delusion! I can't even be friends with a girl?!" Onew shouted, finally aggravated by Jung Ah's persistent accusations. 

Jung Ah gasped and exclaimed, "I've seen you looking at her and caring for her more than ever. I guess it's understandable since you've known her since you were born. Friendship will turn into love, right? Onew, I think it's time to say goodbye. Your heart is with someone else and I don't want to get hurt by you." 

"Jung Ah, I'm sorry. I won't see Sunyoung or even be friends with her. Please stay with me. I like you."

"See? Even now, you say 'I like you', not 'I love you'. No, Onew. I cannot. We can't stay together if you be like this with Sunyoung. Your affection for her won't end. I know that for a fact. Leave the house for a while later, so I can pack my stuff. This is your house anyway. I can't tell you to get out. I have a schedule to go to." Jung Ah said, standing up and heading to the door. Moments later, Onew heard her leave the house. 

What is happening to me? Why am I such a terrible person? How could she leave me? Onew thought to himself. However, no tears appeared on his face, though his heart still ached. 

~~~

Sunyoung sat in the Lee house, browsing through articles on her phone, while waiting for her parents to come. She told Jonghyun she was going to visit them today and when she called them, they said to come to her omeoni's residence. And so, here she was. Mrs. Lee had told her Onew and Minho were home, but she was hesitant to go and remained downstairs. For some reason, after the night she brought him home from the street bar and accepting Jonghyun's proposal, she was nervous to see him. 

An article caught Sunyoung's eye, as the title read: On-Ah couple has broken up

Sunyoung clicked on it and was shocked as she perused it meticulously. 

According to an SM representative, SHINee's Onew and Jung Ah have broken up. The two were revealed to be in a relationship for two and a half years ago.  

The SM rep stated, "Onew and Jung Ah have mutually broken up due to the lack of leisurely time to spend with each other. They agreed that it wouldn't work out and decided to end their relationship on good terms. They still remain friends, as a result."

In other news, Jung Ah has wrapped up Japanese promotions of her solo Japanese album, her first after After School's disbandment, and SHINee has remained on an indefinite hiatus.

Sunyoung placed her phone in her purse and rushed up the stairs to Onew, regardless of the noise she created. As she neared Onew's room, she heard Minho speaking and quieted down, listening to his conversation with Onew.

"Hyung, why did you even break up? We aren't even busy. You both should have plenty of time to spend with each other." Minho asked.

"It wasn't like how the SM rep said. We broke up because she accused me of liking Sunyoung. Then, we got into an arguement and she decided that I liked Sunyoung more than I liked her, so she initiated our break up. "

Sunyoung widened her eyes and descended the stairs again, concluding not to see Onew at the moment.

So, it's my fault? Aigoo....I should really fix this. Jung Ah is probably packing her things right now. I should go tell her to stay. Sunyoung thought. 

"Omeoni! I'll be back in a while! Tell umma that if she comes anytime soon!" Sunyoung called to Mrs.Lee.

"Okay, Sunyoung! Be careful!" Mrs. Lee responded, still cooking in the kitchen. 

Sunyoung wasn't sure whether what she was doing was justifiable or not, but it was worth a try in her opinion. 

~~~

Onew and Minho's conversation after Sunyoung leaves the proximity of Onew's room...

"But, do you like her, hyung?" Minho wondered.  

"Jung Ah, yeah, I guess." Onew shrugged his shoulders, playing with a pillow. 

"No, not her. I mean Sunyoung noona." Minho asked. Onew looked at Minho, in a lost way.

"Yes. I do. But I can't anymore, so it was a total waste." Onew replied, closing his eyes tightly. Minho patted his back, trying to comfort him. 

"You like her, right? So, go after her." 

"She's engaged and Jonghyun wouldn't like it. Both of them are so important to me. I can't do that to them." Onew sighed.

Minho nodded in agreement, but secretly he still hoped that Onew would go for Sunyoung.

~~~

Sunyoung knocked on the door of Onew's house when she saw that the doorbell was not functioning. Jung Ah opened, surprise, as well as a hint of rage, expressed on her face. 

Author's Note: 

Annyeong readers! I apologize, once again, for the slow update!

Minho turned 24 a few days ago and I wasn't able to update the story that day. It's a small tradition of mine to update on any of my favorite k-idol's birthday! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to for Minho, and I might not be able to for Onew.... :'(

I've been so busy lately, aigooo...so much stress!

The year is ending soon and in kpop, 2014 was a tragic year(Ladies Code hwaiting~!) and next week or so, I'll be writing my reflections in a blog post, so be sure to check that out!

In the beginning of January, I have decided that I will be going on a hiatus indefinitely(like our pretty Sulli)~ Over this time, I hope to study extremely hard and get some rest, as well. I'll be online during my hiatus, so you can talk with me, if you want :)

So, how was this chapter? I hope you all enjoyed it and do anticipate the following chapters! They'll be interesting ;)

Please continue to support by reading, subscribing, upvoting, and criticizing(lol, I don't know what else to say)!

Thank you chingus<33333

Bye bye~