Chapter 027

The Vanity in My Love

~~Chapter 027~~

Taemin was astonished when he found about Onew mistreating Sunyoung and then Jonghyun's outburst on Onew. Jonghyun, though he had no schedule, had left the dorm early in the morning. Key suspected it was to see Sunyoung, but Minho knew it was really to avoid Onew. 

"So, what are we going to do, hyung? Onew hyung and Jonghyun hyung have to make up ASAP. We have a SHINee World 3 concert in Hong Kong in five days. They have to make up because what if fans see them like this?" Taemin urged.

"Taeminnie, there's nothing we can do. Jonghyun hyung is a grudge-holder and Onew hyung.... I don't know." Minho said quietly. Key, Minho, and Taemin were gathered in the living room and were discussing what to do about the current situation.

"Minho, remember when Onew once said that Jonghyun and him were the least closest among SHINee? We can use that as an excuse for their arguement, if fans or the media get curious." Key said.

"No, we can't. This would disappoint the fans." Minho sighed.

"We have to though. We don't want to lie and be fake with the fans that have been with us since we've debuted." Key said.

"Fine. We'll do that. What do you say Taemin?" Minho agreed reluctantly.

"Sure. I don't care. Whatever you guys say is fine with me." Taemin shrugged.

"Are you sure Taemin? Once we do something, it will be irreplaceable." Minho said. 

"Yes, I am. Hyung, I've lived half of my idol life not knowing you and Yuri noona were dating." Taemin said. "I can deal with anything you say." 

"About that, we broke up. Our schedules were conflicting and so were our thoughts.

~~~

Onew nervously looked at the time. 5:23AM.

But Jonghyun was not there still. He never had slept in his bed all night, from what Onew could remember. Jonghyun and Onew were roommates, Minho and Key were roomates, while Taemin took the smallest bedroom of all for himself. There was also an empty room in the dorm, that was used as SHINee's practice room for singing, dancing, rapping, and more. Onew suspected that Jonghyun may have slept in there for the night.

Onew let his hands slide through his hair and stretched lazily. "Jonghyun-ah, where have you gone? Sunyoung and I only had childish arguements. She probably was exaggerating with you. Stop with your obstinacy." Onew said to himself.

After showering and getting dressed, he walked into the living room where Taemin and Key were discussing something quietly. As soon as they saw Onew, their eyes removed their seriousness and Taemin laughed casually to avoid suspicion.

"What's up? Is Jonghyun back yet?" Onew asked.

Key shook his head. "No, he isn't. Hyung, you should do something about it."

"I'm sure he'll be fine in a few days." Onew shrugged off Key's suggestion.

"Hyung, he is a grudge holder. He will not forget what you did so easily." Taemin reminded. Onew sighed and sat down. 

"He won't forget, but I haven't commited a crime or anything. Why should he hold a grudge against me?" Onew questioned. 

"You hurt Sunyoung's feelings deeply. Isn't that bad enough? She liked you, but you just pushed her away." Key stood up, facing Onew.

Onew imitated him. He clenched his fists for a second before placing his hands on either side of him. "Was I supposed to say I liked her even if I didn't? That would make both of us unhappy."

Onew paused for a moment, his mouth partly open. What did I just say? I never liked Sunyoung? I did.....right? 

"Okay, hyung. Whatever you say." Taemin said quietly, leaving the room.

~~~

"Sunyoung, did Jonghyun text you or call you yet?" Amber wondered aloud. Her fingers lingered on her phone, ready to type text into it. 

"Yeah, he did. I'm going to take him to meet my parents later. I'll be leaving in two days to America, so I want him to take care of them while I am gone." Sunyoung stated. 

"Will you miss us while you're gone? Or were we just your entertainment while you were here?" Amber asked.

"Amber! What are you saying? I am honestly really grateful for all of you. Even when Victoria umma gets bossy or Sulli gets irritating. Thank you for accepting me even when I joined so late." Sunyoung expressed. 

Amber grinned, satisfied by Sunyoung's answer. "Dude, you don't need to be so formal. We're family, right? Families don't need "thank you's" or "I love you's". They're automatically known based on actions. You obviously showed often that you cared about us." 

"Alright. You made me feel somehow more loved. Well, I should leave now." Amber nodded and said her goodbye to Sunyoung. 

~~~

Onew and Jung Ah were in the proximity of Onew's parents' house. They descended the car, hoods and sunglasses hindering the public from who they were. Though their relationship was already public, they did not want to be surrounded by paparazzi and fans. 

"Oppa, I'm so nervous. Will your mother like me?" Jung Ah pouted.

"Of course. Who wouldn't like you? If I liked you, my mother will definitely like you." Onew kissed Jung Ah sweetly on the cheek. He playfully took her hand and knocked on the door. 

The door opened in less than a minute. Standing in front of it was Mrs.Park, Sunyoung's mother. 

"Onew, come in. And you are?" Mrs.Park smiled unsure of what to say.

"You'll see in a few minutes, omeoni." Onew grinned brightly. 

Onew and Jung Ah walked into the living room where all the parents and Sunyoung and Jonghyun were sitting. Sunyoung stood up, surprised. She began to walk away into another room and no one stopped her. Jonghyun looked up, his face turning serious. 

"Umma, appa, abeoji, omeoni. I would like you to meet my girlfriend, Kim Jung Ah. We started dating six or seven months ago and we weren't able to see you until now. I'm sorry I haven't told you sooner." 

Mrs.Lee gasped and then closed . "I'll be right back." Mrs. Park followed after her in a hurry. 

"Congratulations to all of you. Sunyoung and Jonghyun just revealed their relationship to us. Now, it's you two. Jung Ah, welcome to our family. You seem like a very nice girl for Onew. I hope Onew is taking care of you. Call me abeoji." Mr.Lee managed to say.

"Yes, congratulations to the both of you. Call me abeoji as well. We had to go somewhere, right? Let's go, before it gets dark." Mr.Park nudged Mr.Lee and Mr.Lee nodded quickly. 

Onew frowned at their behavior. It was only the afternoon. There was no chance of the sky getting dark at this time of day. 

"Thank you, abeoji. I'm grateful for Onew and his kind family. Have a nice time!" Jung Ah bowed politely. Onew smiled at her tactfulness. 

After Mr.Park and Mr.Lee had left, Sunyoung arrived from the place she had been in and sat next to Jonghyun. 

"Sunyoung-sshi? What are you doing here?" Jung Ah wondered.

"What do you mean? This is kind of like my house, too." Sunyoung frowned. 

"Sunyoung, she doesn't know that we've known each other since we were kids." Onew said. 

"Really? You were childhood friends?" Jung Ah questioned. 

"No, we weren't friends. Our parents were friends since they were in high school, so naturally we played and grew up together. But, I left to America and so, we weren't as close. That's why I call Onew's parents abeoji and omeoni and treat them like my own parents." Sunyoung explained. 

Jung Ah paused, her face unreadable. "That's so cool! I used to wish that I had a childhood friend, too. But, all of my friends from when I was little are out of contact. You're very lucky to know Onew since you were young." Jonghyun held in his smirk and Sunyoung smiled slightly. 

"Well, I'm very unlucky to only meet you this year." Onew looked at Jung Ah. Jung Ah blushed and Sunyoung rolled her eyes.

"Onew?" Mrs.Park called from the kitchen. 

"Yes?" Onew stood up immediately and excused himself.

As he reached the dining table in the kitchen, he saw his mother looking disapprovingly at him.

"Umma, I'm sorry I didn't tell anyone. Our manager and Lee Soo Man ahjussi told me not to tell anyone. I can't just disobey them." Onew knelt down next to his mother.

"Jinki-ah, I'm not upset that you didn't tell me or omeoni or anyone. How long do you plan on keeping this relationship?" Mrs.Lee asked. 

"What do you mean how long? I love Jung Ah. I want to marry her, if that's possible. She really is the best for me. We love all the same things and it's like we're the same person." 

"Jinki, what about Sunyoung?" Mrs.Lee demanded.

"What about Sunyoung? She has Jonghyun, doesn't she? She seems pretty happy." Onew responded.

"But she loves you."

"No, she does not. She likes Jonghyun."

"Jinki-ah, she loved you when she was twenty. She loved you with all her heart. She looked up to you. Why are you doing this to her?"

"Umma! Please listen to me. Sunyoung loved me. I understand that. But she never told me. She had twenty years to tell me this, but she wasted every single one of those years. I won't be waiting for her to say anything anymore. I'm moving on from her. She was too childish and she still is. I respect a woman who can be straightforward with her words. I saw that clearly in Jung Ah."

"Lee Jinki, you're hurting me more than Sunyoung. Sunyoung is like a daughter to me. But, I always wanted more. I wanted her to be my daughter-in-law. But, you don't want this, I see." 

"Omeoni and umma, I'm sorry. I can't love Sunyoung. She isn't for me and I'm not for her. We're two completely different people with different personalities that clash severely. How can you expect us to do this? We're both stubborn and will not adjust for each other. Jung Ah and I are the same and where is the adjustment in similarity?" 

Mrs.Lee closed her eyes and sighed. "Fine. Go on and love Jung Ah all you want." She stood up and left the room. 

"Umma." Onew was about to go after her, when Mrs. Park stopped him. 

"Onew, it's alright. Umma is still shocked from your dating revelation. I'll support you in anything you do, okay? Even if no one else does. You are my second child and I'm proud of you for being honest. You would have suffered if you and Sunyoung were dating. Sunyoung is a sweet girl, but sometimes she is difficult to take care of. Jonghyun may do well with her. He's very sweet, like her." Mrs. Park said. 

"Thank you, omeoni." Onew smiled. 

Sunyoung leaned onto the wall, that was facing a study room and out of sight from the living room. Tears streamed quickly down her cheeks. 

Pabo, Park Sunyoung. Pabo, pabo, pabo. How could you think one day you and Jinki could be together? Stop crying like a baby. Why do you cry for everything? Stop making everything so dramatic. Aiish. Lee Jinki, stop making my life hurt. I will get over you. Yes, I will. 

Author's Note:

Such a dramatic ending to the chapter, right?

So, I updated again. Exactly a week later. That's not too bad, right?

So, now we're at the point of the story where it's not just fun and games. There are heartbreaking moments now. 

Okay, so I just want to say:

Happy Birthday to f(x)'s beautiful, adorkable, shy Krystal!!! She's already 21!! I'm still younger than her, but it feels like she's only 17 or something. 

Krystal was my first bias of f(x), for like two days, lol. But those two days, I appreciated Krystal. She is very sweet from what I see and I hope she stays healthy and takes care of herself. I don't want her to faint anymore. >.< 

Seeing her faint (through fancams) made me upset, so she better take care of herself! Please don't overwork her, SM or anyone else! 

Thank you and bye bye chingus!