Chapter 011

The Vanity in My Love

~~Chapter 011~~

2019, 5 years after Luna leaves for America to become a singer

SHINee's Onew looked at his phone, appalled. He closed his eyes and then reopened them again. His eyes were not tricking him. Onew sighed and reread the article.

 Global Sensation Park Sunyoung Confirms her Return to South Korea

 Beautiful Korean singer Park Sunyoung confirmed the rumors that she was returning to her home country soon. This morning at 8:09 she wrote on her twitter,

I can't wait to go home~
My Korean fans, I thank you so much for your undying support for me^^
I'm coming to you soon, so hopefully we can have some fun times with each other<3


Her tweet also hints at an full-length Korean album and possibly a concert. Her agency stated that it was true that she was coming home.

In other news, Sunyoung is wrapping her last concert in the Philippines.

"Hyung! Our photo shoot is over. We're going to practice now." Taemin, the maknae of SHINee, broke Onew from his phone.

"Oh, right. I'm coming."  Onew smiled and put his phone. He jogged to the van and sat in the back with Taemin, Minho, and Jonghyun, while Key sat in the front.

The only thought in his head was: Sunyoung-ah, you're coming home. What do I do?

"Are you alright? You were so terrified when you were looking at your phone." Jonghyun asked.

"Yes. I'm fine. I was shocked that Park Sunyoung was coming here for a possible album release." Onew stated. He never told his band members that he and Sunyoung used to be friends and were close. It was too difficult for him to say so and look back to his beautiful past with Sunyoung.

"Really! Kyaaa~!!!! Omo~! I have to get all my albums signed!" Jonghyun shrieked in excitement.

"Yah, stop yelling in my ear!" Minho complained.

"Minho, it's Park Sunyoung! I love her voice!" Jonghyun shouted.

"Aigoo....these kids..." Taemin sighed.

Onew chuckled and said, "Maknae, who are you calling kids?"

Taemin laughed and nodded at Jonghyun and Minho. Onew shook his head and leaned against the window.

~~~

"Onew hyung, what is taking you so long! Sunyoung-ssi will be waiting for us soon and we'll be late because of you! Wait, I probably should be calling her noona. Anyways, Soo Man ajhussi will be there, too!" Minho complained, knocking on Onew's door rapidly.

Onew opened it and the odor of a manly fragrance dispersed through the air.

Minho crinkled his nose at the smell and gagged. "Hyung, are you trying to impress someone?"

"Why? Do I smell that atrocious?" Onew took note of Minho's grimace.

"Aniyo, you smell too good. It's a fortunate thing that the smell will wear off as time goes on. By the time we reach the SM Building, you'll smell great." Minho said.

Onew nodded, satisfied by Minho's response. They headed outside to get into the van.

~~~

"Yah, stop lying! You're a fan of Park Sunyoung!" Yuri, a member of Girls' Generation, accused Minho.

"Aniyo, I just sometimes listen to her songs. That's all. It's not like I think she's pretty or anything. Yuri-ah..." Minho held his girlfriend's hand.

The SM Entertainment Artists were patiently waiting for Park Sunyoung, the latest artist of SM to arrive and they were using this opportunity to reunite with their friends from other groups.

Onew chuckled at the two and turned to Sunny's and Key's arm-wrestling. After forty-five seconds of struggle, Sunny turned out to be the winner.

"I just let you win because you're a girl!" Key argued.

"Then why are you sweating? Is it because you tried so hard to beat me? I am un-defeatable?" Sunny smirked.

"Attention. Everyone, please be quiet. I want you all to meet someone." Lee Soo Man said. The group quieted down. "This is Park Sunyoung. She will be part of our family from this moment on. Please make friends with her. I know you will though."

Onew gaped at the young girl looking towards him and his label mates. No, she was a woman now.

Park Sunyoung looked like a mature young lady. She had eradicated her bouncy, wild blonde locks for short chin-length jet black hair. It gave her an extremely classy and sophisticated look. She had lost any remaining baby fat in her cheeks and her curves were more obvious in her skin-tight dark blue dress ending mid-thigh. She was completely unrecognizable.

Onew watched her as she politely greeted everyone. When she came to him, he froze. Her aesthetics were too much for him.

When have you become this beautiful? How come I haven't noticed your aesthetics until now?

He knocked himself to his senses after Taemin's fifth nudge.

"Annyeong haseyo." Onew held out his hand to Sunyoung.

"Annyeong haseyo." Sunyoung's voice was foreign and she barely touched Onew's hands when they shook.

Onew bit his lip and tried to hold in his gasp.

Sunyoung-ah, you still resent me? Onew thought.

"Sunyoung! We have to go! I'm sorry everyone. Sunyoung has to leave. I'm Tiffany Hwang, Sunyoung's manager." Tiffany smiled at everyone.

Onew watched Sunyoung leave and sighed.

~~~

"This is your schedule. I'm upset that you don't get to rest for at least a day after your concert and plane ride." Tiffany expressed,as she handed Sunyoung her schedule in her room.

"That's okay. I like being busy. I'm filming for Happy Together 3 first?" Sunyoung confirmed.

"The first variety show you're filming for is Happy Together 3. But we have a press meeting before that." Tiffany said.

"Aigoo...I'm not that good at handling press meetings." Sunyoung pouted.

"You'll be alright. Get some rest when you can. I'll wake you up when I can." Tiffany said, ruffling Sunyoung's hair.

"Okay, unni." Sunyoung slowly closed her eyes and drifted off into a deep sleep.

~~~

"Sunyoung-ssi, for the first question, we would like to ask you why you're here in South Korea." A reporter questioned.

Sunyoung: "I'm very much obliged for my fans here because they have been supporting me so much. Almost half of my album sales are due to fans here. I felt that I can only repay them by coming here to visit them. I also missed my home country and my family, so I'll be spending time with them as well."

Q:"Is it true that you're planning on releasing a Korean album soon?"

Sunyoung: "First, I'll be promoting the Korean version of my latest single, "Live" and once that's over, I'll be recording for an album. However, the album will not be released anytime soon."

Sunyoung looked at her manager for approval of the answer and her manager nodded with a smile.

Q: "Sunyoung-ssi, you've been a singer for three years now and you still haven't had a scandal or any malice upon you.  How does this make you feel?"

A: "I'm pleased that I haven't had any scandals. They're burdensome and I don't want to deal with them."

Q: "Sunyoung-ssi, you're twenty five years old. Do you have a boyfriend?"

A: "No, I do not."

Q: "Do you want a boyfriend or someone to share your life with at the moment?"

A: "That thought has remained in my mind for a while, but unless the right person comes, I will remain single." 

Q: "This is our final question. Sunyoung-ssi, what's the secret to being worldwide famous?" 

A: "Be yourself. Let people know who you really are and don't fabricate a facade of your personality. It'll just be challenging for you. Thank you all for coming. I enjoyed answering your questions. Good bye."

Sunyoung descended the few steps there were and sped to her car where her manager was waiting. 

"Sunyoung, you did well. I'm proud of you. I taught you well, didn't I?" Tiffany chuckled.

"Ne, unni. The Korean press is difficult to deal with, more so than any other country. I can't wait to let out my stress in Happy Together 3!" Sunyoung sighed, leaning against the leather seat of the car. 

"Remember Sunyoung, always stay on guard for scandals. Especially in Korea." Tiffany warned. 

Sunyoung nodded. She would do everything to avoid misunderstandings.

Author's Note:

Hello everyone! 

This was an introduction to the new lives of Onew and Sunyoung. It was nice, right? For the next chapter, I'll be including the Happy Together 3 episode Sunyoung will be on and more.

Also, sorry I have not updated in a while... 

I've been fangirling about f(x)'s amazing album, Red Light! My favorite songs are probably Rainbow and Paper Heart! Other songs I especially liked were MILK, All Night, Red Light, Dracula, and the entire album! Haha, I didn't dislike any song.

The one thing I've been anxious and uneasy about is f(x)'s recent conclusion of their "Red Light" promotions. I was extremely upset and frustrated when I saw that their entire schedule was wiped clean. 

But then after SM posted the news that f(x)'s Sulli was going on a hiatus, I became worried for both Sulli and f(x). This was something that none of my bias groups never encountered and I never saw anything like this before. 

I hope Sulli recovers from her mental and physical anguish and anything else. Us fans are always with you <3

 

f(x) holds a special place in my heart. I don't know why, but them and SHINee easily make me smile with their adorable and funny antics. With all these rumors of Sulli leaving the group and f(x) disbanding, I feel like crying.....

f(x) fighting! I hope that Sulli will be back with a smile on her beautiful face! ot5 forever! 

 

Okay, let me recover from my emotional fangirl state. 

Annyeong readers! I hope you enjoyed this chapter!