Chapter 001

The Vanity in My Love

~Chapter 001~

Her shiny,blonde hair stood out  from the dark heads in the airport. Her smile was wider than anyone else's. Her dark brown eyes twinkled as she looked around the arrivals waiting area. At last she found the person she was looking for and called out to him vigorously.

"Luna! Welcome!" The man addressed her warmly as she bowed to him with esteem.

"Ajusshi! Annyeong haseyo." Luna greeted.

"How is omeoni and abeoji? Or do you call them umma and appa?" The man smiled.

"I call them appa and umma. They're good. Appa's coffee shop is going well. Umma's job is great."

"Well, we better get going. And call me abeoji. You're like a daughter to me, Luna."

"Ne. What if I call you Mr.Lee? Let's go!" Luna giggled and clutched her suitcase. Mr.Lee shook his head at Luna's humor. 

As they were on their way home, Luna spotted a large billboard listing who received high scores in the recent standardized exam. Luna widened her eyes in admiration when she noticed who earned the highest score. 

"Abeoji, Lee Jinki got the best score in the standardized test?" Luna exclaimed. 

"Ne. He studies all the time." Mr.Lee stated proudly.

"Wah....He looks so handsome! Bye, Lee Jinki!" Luna waved to his picture as it passed by.

~~~

Luna ran into a large house lined with lilies on the side. She knocked on the door rapidly until a middle-aged woman opened it. 

"Omeoni!!!"Luna hugged the woman tightly. 

"Yah, you're still hyperactive. You don't call me Mrs.Lee anymore?" Mrs.Lee chuckled, embracing Luna. 

"Omeoni! That was when I was four. Of course I won't call you that." Luna smiled.

"Have you seen Jinki yet?" Mrs.Lee questioned.

Luna brandished her head and eagerly looked on to see him.

"Lee Jinki!!! Come downstairs! Luna is here!" Mrs.Lee called to her son.

Lee Jinki or Onew, as he prefers, descended the stairs reluctantly. He  stopped near his mother as he met Luna's eyes.

"Annyeong Jinki!" Luna greeted happily.

"Annyeong haseyo, Park Sunyoung." Onew bowed.

Luna smiled at his politeness while Mr. and Mrs. Lee frowned.

"Jinki-ah, why are you so polite? Its Luna, your friend from the moment you were born." Mrs.Lee said.

"Umma, call me Onew!" Onew complained, turning red. "And why don't you call her by her Korean name?"

"Lee Jinki, be nice to Luna. That's her birth name and that is what we call her." Mr.Lee stated. Onew grumbled and headed back up the stairs, when Mrs.Lee stopped him.

"Jinki-ah, take Luna to your room. She'll be sleeping there as well." Mrs.Lee said, handing him Luna's suitcase.

Luna and Onew looked at Mrs.Lee, speechless.

"Umma, I only have one bed in my room." Onew said.

"Aigoo... I forgot. There's another bed underneath yours." Mrs.Lee chuckled to herself.

"No wonder I always thought that my bed was so high from the ground." Onew realized.

He took Luna's suitcase and left for his room. Luna followed him.

As they reached the room, Onew paused at the closed door, startling Luna into bumping into him.

"Luna, you have to follow my rules when you enter my room." Onew ordered.

"Okay." Luna squeaked, staring at him.

"First, you must listen to me at all times. Second, you cannot eat in this room. I should not catch you doing that. Third, I am very clever so don't think you can  get away with anything. That's all." Onew decreed.

Luna gulped. She was surprised at how serious Onew was about this.

"Lee Jinki, where is the bathroom?" Luna requested.

"Also, you must call me Onew-ssi." Onew demanded.

Luna sighed and nodded. Onew finally pointed towards the bathroom and then entered his room carrying Luna's suitcase.

~~~

Luna's alarm on her phone loudly rang the next morning. She jumped out of bed and quickly turned it off. Brushing off her yawns and checking the time(it was 4:30 am), she plodded to the bathroom. After finishing her daily activities, she took out a bottle of strawberry milk with a note that read:

Annyeong Onew-ssi! Drink this strawberry milk little by little throughout the day. It'll give you energy! Take care of yourself!

~Luna Park~

She placed the bottle next to Onew's bed and smiled in satisfaction.

As Onew got up, he stumbled upon the bottle. When he read the note, he frowned and threw the note away. He then scribbled something else on a small piece of paper and taped it to the bottle.

As Onew passed by Luna in the kitchen, he left the bottle next to her. Luna sighed and held up the bottle and read the note in disappointment.

It read:

I do not waste my time drinking strawberry milk.

Onew

Luna crumbled up the piece of paper and took the strawberry milk for herself.

"Umma, I'm leaving!!!" Onew called, holding his backpack.

"Lee Jinki, please take Luna with you. She's new to the university and she'll need help." Mrs.Lee requested.

Luna smiled brightly and grabbed her things eagerly.

"Aniyo. Its fine Onew. I can take her to the university and show her around. I don't have work today." Mr.Lee insisted.

"Will you not have work everyday? Onew will take her." Mrs.Lee stated.

Onew groaned and waited for Luna as she put her shoes on.

"Yah, hurry up!!" Onew demanded.

"Aiish, wait. We still have lots of time." Luna said.

"Yah, I have lots of things to do. You don't. Now lets go!" Onew urged.

Luna finally followed after Onew, and was about to sit in the passenger seat of his car, when he stopped her.

"What?" Luna said.

"You sit in the back." Onew said, walking to the driver's side of the car.

Luna mumbled to herself and unwillingly sat in the back.

The car ride started out silent. Luna slowly opened up and began to speak.

"Onew-ssi, is your university big? Do you have a girlfriend? How many friends do you think I'll make?" Luna bombarded Onew with questions.

"Do not disturb me while I'm driving. And yes my university is big. I don't have a girlfriend. It depends on how well your social skills are to see how many friends you make. Please be quiet." Onew stated, looking at Luna through the rearview mirror.

He suddenly put on the brakes and stopped at a university bus stop.

"Luna, get down here. A bus will be here in five minutes to take you to the university. The trip will be approximately 10 minutes. You will still have time to admit yourself." Onew stated.

Luna stared at him confused. Did he just tell her to get out? 

"Yah, leave!" Onew shouted, impatiently. Luna sighed and got out of the car with her things.

She expected her time with Onew to be more fun. She never thought that Onew would do this. It would only get worse as she would soon learn.

Author's Note:

Hi chingus!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thank you for all those who subscribed to "The Vanity in My Love"!

How was this chapter? I hope it wasn't too boring. :)