Part 1: My Obduracy, Your Fervency

The Vanity in My Love

~~Part 1: My Obduracy, Your Fervency~~

The first part of this fan fiction has concluded. 

Annyeong haseyo, Lee Jinki imnida. I've never fallen in love. Love is foreign to me. I haven't had those childhood crushes or first loves or anything like that. When I reunited with Park Sunyoung, now Luna Park, I was breath taken. How could someone this beautiful be the same fatuous girl I played with as a toddler? She was still the same girl inside though. Her avidness, the radiance she gave off, and her chubby cheeks were still there. She still venerated me and admired me more than anyone. I was touched and shocked by that. She still liked me even after all those years. After she came back from the States the first time, she became such a brat and I thought she would remain that way. The way Sunyoung sometimes smiled at me or surprised me with a gift was cute and I found myself enjoying it. However, when I noticed her poor grades, I backed away from her. I couldn't be discomfited by her stupidity in public. Despite my indifference to girls, I told my mother that I would only marry or date an intelligent girl, if I ever did date. Sunyoung was not the woman for me. I could fathom that she loved me, but I found love to be useless and repugnant. Love was not for me and neither was Sunyoung.

After this moment, I do not know what to do anymore. Do I regret what I said so impulsively to Sunyoung? Yes, I do. That was crude and indecent of me. Ever since we were young, Sunyoung has looked up to me and always tagged along to wherever I went. I enjoyed this and expected her to be like this forever. When she spoke of Luhan so greatly, I was livid. I thought, "I'm the only one who she should be praising. What is this?" I felt hurt and wanted to diminish Sunyoung's self-esteem, as she did mine. However, I went to the extreme. I never knew that I had that profane side in me. I'm sorry, Park Sunyoung. But it is too late. You won't forgive me. And I'm too haughty to be repentant and ask for your forgiveness. You have every right to despise me.

Is this how it feels when your heart is shattered? 

A/N: This is Lee Jinki's reflection of the first part of the fanfiction. Park Sunyoung will not have a reflection for the first part, but she will for the second part.