Chapter 012

The Vanity in My Love

~~Chapter 012~~

"Hello viewers! This is Happy Together 3! We are Park Myung Soo, Yoo Jae Suk, Park Mi Sun, and Shin Bong Sun." MC Myung Soo announced.

"Mi Sun, where are all our guests?" Jae Suk asked, looking around the set of a bathhouse.

"I don't know. Why are you asking me?" Mi Sun shrugged her shoulders.

"Yah! What do you mean? I left you in charge to look after them!" Jae Suk exclaimed in fury.

"They aren't kids to be looked after!" Mi Sun raged.

"Oh, I hear a noise coming from the bathroom." Bong Sun turned to the side and turned the handle of the bathroom door. Immediately, three people came out, smiling brightly.

"There they are! Shining as ever, we have SHINee's Onew! We also have, pretty girl Gu Hye Sun! Finally, we have world-recognized singer, Park Sunyoung, making her first variety appearance in South Korea!" Myung Soo said.

The guests clapped and greeted the cast of Happy Together 3.

"Ah, Gu Hye Sun-ssi, how is your second time here on the show?" Mi Sun questioned.

"It's very lovely. I am actually wondering how much camera time I'll be getting this time." Gu Hye Sun replied.

"Why?" Bong Sun asked.

"Because we have Park Sunyoung here and the camera may be focused on her a lot. I already saw several of the cameras focused closer to her." Hye Sun playfully replied.

The cast and guests laughed and Yoo Jae Suk replied, "Aigoo, poor Hye Sun-ssi! It's okay. Some of the cameramen are moving to focus on you for a while."

"It's okay. You're very pretty, Gu Hye Sun-ssi. The cameramen can't help but turn to you." Sunyoung commented.

"Oh... Sunyoung! You have this side in you too!" Mi Sun smirked.

"Onew-ssi, you're back after so long!" Myung Soo suddenly remarked.

Onew laughed and nodded. "Yes. I can't stay away from Myung Soo hyung and Bong Sun noona!"

"Yah! You better not act like an MC again!" Bong Sun cried. "I almost lost my job because of you. PD-nim kept on asking Myung Soo for your number to ask if you would become a permanent MC of this show."

The bathhouse burst out in laughter once again.

"Sunyoung-ssi, how do you find this show?" Mi Sun asked.

"I've watched it online before in the States with my mother. I find it really funny and always wanted to be on it." Sunyoung replied.

"Really? You watched this show? I can't wait to go tell my sister about this! She'll be so jealous that Park Sunyoung watched this show!" Bong Sun said.

"Sunyoung-ssi, who's your favorite MC in Happy Together 3?" Onew asked. This was the first time that he had spoken to Sunyoung after those five years.

"Onew-ah! Stop it! You're not an MC!" Bong Sun complained. The cast and guests laughed once again.

Sunyoung's eyes turned cold for a second, before smiling again.

"I like all the MCs." Sunyoung replied.

"Sunyoung-ssi, that's such an idol answer. Be forthright." Jae Suk said. "You know you can tell everyone it's me."

Sunyoung chuckled. "Actually, I would have to say my favorite MC in Happy Together 3 is Myung Soo oppa."

"Really? Omo~!!!!! Did you hear that, Jae Suk? She likes me better than you!" Myung Soo cheered.

"Yah! This can't be true!" Jae Suk exclaimed.

Sunyoung smiled sweetly and the cast moved on to the next topic.

"Sunyoung-ssi, you are our special guest today because this is your first time on this show. It's also your first time in Korea as an idol, correct?" Bong Sun said.

"Yes."

"Have you made any friends yet?"

"Other than my label mates, I haven't really spoken with any idols." Sunyoung said.

"Hye Sun and Onew, perhaps you two can suggest Sunyoung a couple of idols." Mi Sun pointed out.

"Ah, I know a wonderful actress you can be friends with. Her name is Gu Hye Sun. She really is the life of the party." Hye Sun teased.

Sunyoung giggled and nodded. "Yes. I've watched one of her dramas and I'm a fan of her. It would be an honor to be her friend."

"Onew? Speak! Tell her the names of your friends!" Myung Soo urged.

"You should talk to Nana of After School. I know her from a show I was on with her." Onew said.

"Thank you. I'll be sure to look out for these people." Sunyoung smiled.
~~~
Sunyoung hurried to pack her things the moment the recording of "Happy Together 3" ended and she said her goodbyes to everyone.

"Sunyoung-ssi, here's my number! Let's hang out when you have time!" Gu Hye a Sun handed Sunyoung a small piece of paper.

"Komawo.....Hye Sun-ssi." Sunyoung bowed.

"Call me unni! Let's be informal with each other! I want to be friends with each other! You seem like a very affable person." Hye Sun smiled.

"Okay, unni! I'd like to get to know you as well! I'll text you my number soon!" Sunyoung nodded.

"I have to go, so I'll see you whenever! By the way, you're a natural in variety shows!" Hye Sun called as she walked away.

"Bye!" Sunyoung waved to Hye Sun, just as Onew stood next to her.

"Hi Sunyoung." Onew smiled.

"Annyeong haseyo, Onew-ssi." Sunyoung greeted formally. "I have to go. Sorry."

"Wait! My parents wanted to see you! Can they come to your apartment?" Onew asked.

"Yes, here's my address." Sunyoung quickly scribbled something on her notepad and then ripped it out to give it to Onew. Subsequently, she rushed away.

Onew sighed. "You really can't forget the past, right?"

Onew began to walk away and a security guard smirked as he turned off his phone.
~~~

"Sunyoung-ah! Here is your complete schedule!" Manager Tiffany handed Sunyoung a packet of paper.

"Omo, this is huge!" Sunyoung exclaimed, taking off her eye liner. Her first music show performance was just completed.

"Sunyoung, this is basic routine for Korean idols these days. You have to get used to it. Also, you're scheduled for a 'Couple Special' duet soon on 'Immortal Song 2'. Only the most talented singer make appear on that show. Be ready." Tiffany informed.

"A duet? With who?" Sunyoung asked.

"I don't know. Check in the schedule. I haven't really paid attention." Tiffany said.

Sunyoung flipped curiously through the schedule book and found that in four days she would be singing "One Year Later" ,by SHINee's Onew and Girls' Generation's Jessica, with the original male singer.

Onew. I'll be singing with Onew. Aiish, why must this happen? Is it my destiny that I always end up doing something with him? No, it cannot be. Sunyoung thought.

She picked up the lyric sheet of the song and read it over.

SHINee Onew and Girls' Generation Jessica- One Year Later
Tell Me Your Wish(Genie) EP


It feels like I’ve been dreaming for a long time
I’ve wandered and wandered around for a while
As if we made a promise
Standing here in front of each other like that day from four seasons ago
Those beautiful stories that we wrote down together
Those eternal promises that we prayed for at that time
They’re all coming back to me now and I don’t think my heart can take it
I’ve even restrained myself at the thought of you
How has your one year been

For a long time, I’ve been living, having forgotten of you
For a while, I thought I was doing fine
However I started to realize it as time passed by
That I am nothing without you
At that time, if only we had been a bit more mature
If only we knew how we would be right now
I have no confidence in overcoming these endless regrets
So I’ve had to just repress them
One year has passed like that

Could your feelings perhaps be the same as mine?

Will you give me another chance?

I know now that we can never part from each other
The one person I love and love again

I wish we can go back to our first days
To the beautiful, happy and loving days
Those heart-breaking stories and vain arguments

Just bury all of that now
And promise that we won’t take them out again
No matter how many seasons pass and how many years go by
I hope that we won’t meet like today again

"It's just like our past, except Onew despised me then. I wonder what he feels today." Sunyoung said to herself.

"Hmm?" Tiffany asked, looking up from her work. 

"Nothing." Sunyoung said, closing the schedule book.

~~~

"It's just like our past, but I probably ruined it. How could I have been so ignorant then?" Onew sighed to himself, after he read the lyrics to his duet song with Jessica, that he also would be performing with Sunyoung.

"Hyung, you look so disheartened. Why? You don't want to sing with Sunyoung noona?" Taemin asked.

"What? How can you not?" Jonghyun exclaimed. "I am so jealous of you right now. Do you know how many people would kill to sing with her?"

"I know. There were so many fans of Sunyoung noona outside yesterday. How is she getting around?" Key wondered aloud. 

"Ani. I'm sleepy. That's it." Onew lied and head to his shared room with Minho.

Why did I make such a colossal and irreversible mistake? Onew thought, before falling asleep.

Author's Note:

Annyeong fellow readers! 

How is everyone doing? Did you enjoy this chapter? 

I chose "Happy Together 3" as the variety show Sunyoung and Onew would be on because they have actually been on the show together before. 

 They're dancing to Ring Ding Dong.... LuNew's really enjoying it ;) 

As for the cover duet song "One Year Later" they'll be performing next chapter, I love this duet so much! I probably have listened to this song a thousand times! It's just too lovely!

Jessica's and Onew's voice are so sweet to listen to~ I actually started shipping OnSica with this song..... 

*gasp* I shouldn't speaking about another ship in a LuNew fanfic. lol....

Anyways, next chapter you can expect Sunyoung's and Onew's performance on "Immortal Song 2", Onew's parents visiting Sunyoung, and so on....

 

Bye bye~!