Chapter 003

The Vanity in My Love

~~Chapter 003~~

 

Luna gaped at the daily timetable Onew handed her. It consisted of six hours of studying, two hours of daily exercise, and seven hours of sleep time.

"With this schedule, you should be able to grab the second rank. The second rank is currently taken by a foreign student. His name is Lu Han." Onew said.

"Yah, what's this? Six hours of studying? My attention span isn't that long. Exercise is easy. I can work out for two hours. Seven hours of sleep? That is too less." Luna complained.

"That's how things work. Because you probably got half the points I got during the exam, you will need to study twice as hard. Don't complain. I hate it when people complain." Onew explained.

"Alright. I can do it! Fighting!" Luna encouraged herself. Onew smiled. It was cute to see Luna act like this.

"I'll be helping you a lot, so you should be able to do well!" Onew said.

"I know! You are very helpful and kind!" Luna said sarcastically, before leaving to get her things.

 Wow, Luna Park...I don't understand you..... Onew thought to himself.

~~~

Luna stepped into her room and noticed Onew reading silently, facing his back to her. She quietly crept up behind him and placing her hands on his shoulders, she shouted in his ear, "Lee Jinki is a pabo!!!!"

Onew jumped and turned around. "Yah! What are you doing?!?!?!" He shook his head, as if to get rid of Luna's loud voice.

Luna smiled, satisfied and said, "I wanted to scare you. And, Kim Taeyeon told me to give you this."

Onew took the phone from her hands and smirked. " She told me to give you this phone?"

"Aish. Here, she sent a text message that I wasn't supposed to read. Now I will read it." Luna said, sitting next to him. He awkwardly shifted away and leaned over her shoulder as Luna began to read.

"Onew-ah, you're so cute! Honestly, how can a person be this good-looking? Your eye smile just kills me. You are too perfect. Your amazing fashion sense, your intelligence, and your handsomeness makes me so giddy. How is Luna living with you? Doesn't she notice your impeccability? Lee Jinki, I love you. Please accept me as your girlfriend. ~Kim Taeyeon"

"Wow, there are so many grammar mistakes." Onew stated in disbelief. "Has she been learning anything?"

"Aish. Does she think you'll just accept her like that? Stupid Taeyeon." Luna mumbled angrily to herself.

"Yah, you obviously are infatuated with me. It's so easy to tell." Onew smirked.

"Aniyo! I don't have a-a-any feelings for y-you." Luna stuttered, turning red.

"You're stuttering." Onew pointed out.

"Aish. You make my life so difficult." Luna muttered, leaving his bed to climb into her own.

~~~

 Two weeks later....

"Kyaah~!! I'm so nervous!" Luna shrieked.

"Luna, calm down. You'll do fine." Mr.Lee assured gently.

Luna took deep breaths and reviewed the various material that would be on the exam. Because it was her senior year of college, Luna would be taking many exams. This was just one of the many.

"So, my goal is to reach up to the ranks in the 20s. Can I make it, omeoni?" Luna questioned. She blew on a piece of hair lying on her face and began to scurry around the room in anxiety.

"Of course, Luna. You're a smart woman. You should be able to reach past the 15th rank with ease." Mrs.Lee said.

As Luna continued to plod back and forth, she collided with Onew who was getting ready to leave the house. She was about to fall when Onew held her arm tightly.

"Are you alright?" Onew asked. Luna nodded and broke free from him. Blushing, she rushed to get her belongings.

Mrs.Lee, who had witnessed the whole scene, smiled and said to herself, "Aigoo...these two are too cute."

Luna said goodbye to Mrs.Lee and left the house, hoping for an appreciative score.

~~~~~~

"Results are here! Luna Park, congratulations on being placed in the first rank in our school." Mr.Kim, Luna and Onew's professor, announced.

Luna pinched herself. Was her name really being called?

"Komapseumnida." Luna smiled widely and retrieved her scoresheet.

Meanwhile, Onew was scowling. How could he after all these years not receive first rank?

"Onew, how come your girlfriend has ranked higher than you? Did you write the exam for her?" Choi Minho, a seat mate smirked.

"Shut up. She is not my girlfriend. I just had a headache while taking the test. That's probably why." Onew fabricated, trying to hide his "failure".

"Don't cry. You still are ranked second. That's not bad." Minho teased. Onew rolled his eyes and stood up, leaving the room. Before he left, he noticed the numerous amount of people congratulating Luna.

"Congratulations, Luna-ssi. You beat the undefeated." Yoon Bora, another student, said. Luna frowned and then quickly smiled and thanked her. She felt bad for Onew, as everyone either stated that there was finally someone who showed him that he wasn't the only person who was clever in the school, or that he deserved this slap in the face.

Luna looked around the room and noticed Onew was not present. She approached Choi Minho and asked, "Did Onew-ssi leave?"

"Why are you so polite with your boyfriend's name? He left, anyway. Go catch up with him." Minho replied.

"Aish. He's not my boyfriend. Thank you for telling me." Luna rushed to meet with Onew. She finally spotted him leaning against his car.

"Yah, why did you leave me?" Luna demanded, running to him.

Onew ignored her and sat inside the car. Luna breathlessly opened the car door and sat down. Onew began to drive instantly. Luna sighed and wondered why Onew was ignoring her.

"Yah, speak!" Luna exclaimed in frustration.

"What is there to say? I trained you well." Onew mumbled. He glanced at Luna's face through the rearview mirror.

"What?" Luna said, confused. "Speak up. I can't hear you!"

"Nothing! You're such a pest!" Onew yelled.  Luna widened her eyes and quieted down. She stared at the window.

When the car stopped at the house, Luna ran out. She spotted Mrs.Lee gardening and hugged her.

"Omeoni, I was ranked first!" Luna rejoiced.

"Wow, congratulations. Is Jinki alright?" Mrs.Lee said, wiping her hands on her pants.

"Ani. He is angry at me." Luna answered. "I'll be back."

Luna walked to Onew's and her room and opened the door gently. She saw Onew lying on his bed. He appeared to be awake. Luna went to her books and took out her scoresheet. She touched the number 1 on the rank listed next to her name and took a pen nearby. She added two zeros next to the one and smiled.

"Yah, they mistakenly wrote my rank as 1st. I got the rank of 100." Luna said, imitating disappointment. She walked to Onew and placed her scoresheet next to Onew. Onew remained silent and turned his back to her.

"Okay. If you want to look, go ahead. I'm leaving the room." Luna said, closing the door. Onew turned around and held Luna's scoresheet in his hands. He immediately noticed that she wrote in the two zeros. He chuckled and sighed.

"Yah, you should be proud of yourself. You helped someone who had a terrible rank reach a much better rank. Cheer up." Luna said, from outside the door. "I'll let you take the first rank next time." 

"Why are you standing outside? Come in. I'm fine now." Onew said. He put Luna's scoresheet on her desk and sat down again. Luna sat next to him and smiled.

"Yay! You're back to normal." Luna clapped her hands together.

"Uh...thank you for trying to make me feel better." Onew awkwardly stared at the ground.

"No problem!" Luna grinned brightly.

Author's Note:

Hello!

How was this chapter? I hope you like it!