Chapter 036

The Vanity in My Love

~~Chapter 036~~

Sunyoung opened her eyes, looking around to see where she was. Suddenly, the night's events fell into place and Sunyoung touched her forehead lightly. The sign of a fever mysteriously disappeared overnight. After quickly showering,  Sunyoung went to the kitchen. Her parents were usually busy with the small store they owned and Sunyoung had not expected a bowl of rice to be laid out for her on the table. 

That's right. Maybe Onew made this. Sunyoung smiled to herself before she began to eat. 

"Yah, you don't even make any for me?!" Onew looked at Sunyoung from the kitchen doorway, smiling at her. 

Startled, Sunyoung looked up at Onew. She sheepishly smiled and mumbled a few words. 

"Finish eating what's in your mouth and then tell me why you only made a bowl of rice for yourself. " Onew said. 

Sunyoung shook her head, confused. "I didn't make it, Onew. I thought you did." 

Just then the doorbell rang and Sunyoung rushed to answer it. Jonghyun was standing there awkwardly and held out a bouquet of roses for her. Sunyoung accepted them and stood in front of the doorway, unsure of what she should do. 

"Sunyoungie, I'm sorry. I never meant anything I said. Actually, some things I did mean. I mean it when I say that I've liked you since you've debuted as a singer. Please forgive me. I thought about everything I said overnight and Minho helped me reflect, too. I don't know how to express my feelings when I feel so guilty and regretful for saying all those things to you. But, I'm so so so sorry." Jonghyun said, his head bent down.

Onew appeared from the kitchen and noticed Jonghyun standing at the doorway. He glanced at Sunyoung for a moment and hid behind a chair, peeking to observe what the couple was doing. 

Sunyoung noticed his dejected face and how his eyebrows slanted down in a heartbroken manner. She touched his cheek all of a sudden and kissed it gently. 

"It's so hard to stay mad at you. I forgive you. How can I not forgive my fiance? I'm sorry, too, though. I acted kind of childish. It was stupid of me." Sunyoung smiled shyly.

Jonghyun grinned and took her into his arms. "Thank you." His eyes met with Onew's and he held in a gasp. Onew widened his eyes and crawled away into a nearby room. 

Aiish, what is my life? Why do I need to be hiding from Jonghyun? Especially at this age. Onew thought, frowning to himself. 

"Did you like what you ate this morning?" Jonghyun asked, pulling away from Sunyoung, as she led him into the house. 

"You made it? When did you come here?" Sunyoung wondered. 

"Omeoni let me in before she left for the store. I cooked everyone some rice and saved some for you, too. Did you like it though?" 

"Of course. My Jonghyun made it. Why wouldn't I like it?" Sunyoung giggled, finishing the rest of her food, while Jonghyun sat next to her. 

"Is anyone else home?" Jonghyun casually questioned. 

"Yeah. Onew is. He came to visit omeoni yesterday and ended up staying the night." Sunyoung replied.

Jonghyun watched Sunyoung eat for a while and smiled at her messy eating. 

Sunyoung, on the other hand, wondered where Onew had gone. Maybe because of Jonghyun, he went to the bathroom to hide or something?

Another thought also entered Sunyoung's mind at that moment. I was able to relieve my anger at Jonghyun in a night, but my anger at Onew stayed for months, years even. Why though? I know. Because you forgive the people you love easily. I love Jonghyun. I only like Onew. Right?

~~~

Minho and Krystal's Wedding Day.....

"Unni, look at Soojung's face." Sulli held back a laugh, as she spoke about Krystal with Victoria. 

"Yah, I can hear you! Do I have something on my face?!" Krystal gasped, looking in the mirror. Victoria groaned and led Krystal away from the mirror.

"Jung Soojung, you look beautiful. I bet Minho will be stunned when he sees you. Relax, okay? Even I wasn't nervous when I married Zhoumi. So, you should not be nervous either." Victoria smiled. 

"Thanks, unni. But you're Victoria unni. You're never nervous." Krystal said, frowning. 

Krystal stepped towards her reflection in the mirror. She was dressed in an elegant white wedding gown that accentuated her curves perfectly. Her hair was tied back and twisted into a braid with a flower wreath on her head. Jessica, Krystal's unni, had given her a necklace, as a present, to wear and Krystal wore it with pride. However, one of the most important accessories that Krystal believed she wore was a bracelet. It had the names f(x), Song Qian, Amber Liu, Choi Jinri, Park Sunyoung, and Chrystal Soo Jung. Krystal treasured this bracelet the most, as it had the names of her true and friends, no, sisters, on it.

Krystal touched the bracelet and then reached out for Amber, Victoria, and Sulli.

"I love you so much. Promise me you won't leave my side." Krystal whispered, as she hugged the three of the them.

"I promise, Princess." Amber chuckled, bringing laughter even in the most emotional times.

"I promise, Soojungie." Sulli giggled, pinching Krystal's cheeks.

"I promise, Krystal." Victoria patted Krystal's head softly.

Krystal smiled back, blinking away any tears in her eyes.

"I have to find Sunyoung unni later." Krystal reminded herself.

~~~

Sunyoung was busy helping Minho get ready. As Minho's closest noona, Minho had pleaded her to help him prepare to see Krystal, as well as to calm him down.

"Noona! How will you deal with this when you and One-Jonghyun hyung marry?" Minho teased.

He realized that he almost said Onew's name, instead of Jonghyun's name. 

Fortunately, Sunyoung paid no attention to it and hit Minho on the shoulder playfully. "Yah,worry about your own wedding!"

"That's true. Noona, you have contacted the wedding planners, right? They said everything was fine?" Minho asked.

"Yes, everything is fine. You remember your vows?" Sunyoung reminded.

"Yes. I have a piece of paper to read from, though. I memorized it, too." Minho said.

"Minho-yah, I fold you it would be better if you memorize it and not use the paper. Krystal will feel more touched that way. It'll feel as if it truly came from your heart."

"Aiish. Alright. I'm trying to make things easier for the both of us. What if Krys faints from how beautiful my vow is?" Minho teased.

"It's official. When you are nervous, you will tease people." Sunyoung chuckled.

Minho shrugged and sighed. He closed his eyes and stayed that way for a moment before opening them. They appeared to be watery and Sunyoung frowned.

She led him to a chair, letting him sit. Then, she took a seat in front of him.

"Minho-ah, are you scared?"

Minho shrugged. He clasped his hands rightly in his lap.

"Everything will be okay. Just keep being the caring Minho you are. Think carefully of your future and always put yourselves in others' shoes. You never know how much they are really suffering. Krystal is a strong woman. She doesn't express much but a smile. However, I know she cries a lot on the inside. It may be for small reasons, but just give her reassurance once in awhile. Okay? Be happy, Choi Minho."

Minho reached out and gave a quick hug to Sunyoung. "Thank you so much, noona."

~~~

"I do." Krystal grinned brightly.

"And now, you may kiss the bride."

Sunyoung squealed slightly with Sulli, as they witnessed Minho's and Krystal's sweet kiss.                                     

It was official. Now, Krystal Jung had now become Mrs.Choi or Krystal Choi.

Sunyoung sighed happily and glanced at Jonghyun. He was staring at the newly wed couple. Her eyes met with Onew's and she smiled slightly. He nodded at her before turning away quickly.

~~~

As the wedding festivities went on, Onew found himself incredibly happy and lighthearted. He was extremely delighted for Minho and Krystal.

As he took a seat after dancing with Jessica and her husband, Jungshin, Key sat next to him, smiling widely.

"Hyung, isn't today great?" Key said.

Onew nodded. "I don't remember Minho being happier than today. Except when we won our first Daesang and the day of our Tokyo Dome concert."

"But it makes me wonder when we have to stop."

"Stop what?"

"Being SHINee. I love being Key and if I have to stop..."

"Who says we're stopping?"

"We're not getting any younger, hyung. Eventually we'll get too old to dance to "Lucifer" and"Everybody". You won't be able to hit your high notes and maknae won't be a dance machine anymore."

"But that isn't for a long time though. Key, what are these thoughts you're having?" Onew questioned, worried.

"Nothing, hyung. I'm just worried for our future. Minho's now married. The first of SHINee to be married. Soon, it's Jonghyun hyung. Then, you, me, and Taemin will be married one by one. I want all of us to be together for the rest of our lives. Promise me, hyung. Promise me that you and Jonghyun hyung will put aside your arguements for SHINee. We are always together. It's all or nothing." Key held out his hand.

Onew shook it firmly and nodded. "We will be, Key. We will. Jonghyun and I will adjust for you guys and for our fans.

Suddenly, Sunyoung came rushing to Onew, with Jonghyun hurrying after her.

"Onew, Key! Look at this!" Sunyoung exclaimed, showing her phone.

Appearing on the screen of the phone was an article released from StarOne, an entertainment news outlet.

New Item: Sunyoung and Onew?

Singer Park Sunyoung and SHINee's Onew are dating, according to recent photographs.

Sunyoung was spotted entering Onew's home late one night to visit him for a relaxing night.

Is she cheating on her fiance, SHINee's Jonghyun? Is Onew betraying his SHINee member by stealing his girlfriend?

Stay tuned to find out more about this rumor.

Onew widened his eyes and Key gasped, unable to register the news.

"Sunyoung, did you contact your manager? I'll contact SHINee's manager." Onew said.

"I called her already. She told me to come to the SM building right away. She told you to come to, but separately."  Sunyoung stated. 

"Unni, what's wrong?" Krystal walked towards Sunyoung. She had witnessed Sunyoung rushing towards Onew and assumed something was wrong.

Onew shook his head, warning Sunyoung not to tell Krystal about the shocking rumor.

Sunyoung smiled, shaking her head at Krystal. "Nothing. I'm just going to get some fresh air. I'll be right back."

Jonghyun sighed, hoping this rumor would blow away quickly, even though he knew it wouldn't as those two(Sunyoung and Onew) were immensely popular.

And so, a huge problem had been created unintentionally and Sunyoung and Onew had to do everything to save their normally scandal-free career.

Author's Note:

Hello everyone!

Sorry for the late update, but I've been going through some difficult times...

You know that special someone I've been dating? Well, I saw him with another girl intentionally flirting with her. This was my first crush ever and it was kind of sad for me. It's not like it was a serious relationship between us, but I still felt betrayed because he was really sweet when I was with him.

Now, about this chapter, did you all like it?

Minho and Krystal's wedding, Jonghyun and Sunyoung's make up, Onew's continued desire for Sunyoung, and finally the article.

I actually don't know how to write an article, but I attempted to, haha....

So, please continue supporting! Thank you for subscribing to those who did! :)

Bye bye!

Next chapter will be about Sunyoung and Onew trying to clear up rumors....