Chapter 040

The Vanity in My Love

~~Chapter 040~~

Onew shuffled around the meeting room, waiting for an article about his video to be released.

It was his only hope to at least reduce the amount of hate he was receiving. Jinyoung, SHINee's now former manager, had admitted that he was the one who had falsely written some death threats to Onew; however, a couple of those death threats were actually real, according to EXO's manager.

"Onew oppa, you're still here? Shouldn't you be at home? Your parents are worried about you. They were told by Soo Man ahjusshi to stay home to avoid paparazzi. I went to visit Sunyoung unni at her parent's house, but they said that she was with your parents, so I went to your parents' house instead. They told me to give you this." Sulli peeked in, holding a lunchbox in her hand.

"Hey, Jinri. I have to be here. I won't leave until I see netizen comments. They're the future to my career. I can't leave. I'll call them. Okay?" Onew said, eyeing the lunchbox, hungrily.

Sulli smirked at Onew and handed him the lunchbox, as his eyes brightened. "Oppa, I know you would be hungry, so I brought you this. Sunyoung unni made all the things you liked. I know you like chicken, but I wasn't sure what you would like, so I asked your childhood buddy for help."

Onew smiled even brighter. "Thanks, Sulli-yah." He ruffled her hair and asked her to take a seat.

"I'm going out with Taemin. I can't. Sorry, oppa." Sulli shaked her head, smiling.

"Alright. When are you two getting married?" Onew teased.

Sulli blushed, shrugging her shoulders, awkwardly. "What are you saying? Don't say that...."

"Fine. Be careful, okay? Take care of Taemin. He's treating you well, right?" Onew said. 

"Of course. He is. Well, I need to go, oppa! Bye! Hwaiting! Have faith in your future! We believe in you!" Sulli waved. 

"Bye, Jinri." Onew nodded, watching her leave. He checked his phone once more to see if any articles had been released. To his shock and slight excitement, he clicked on one of the several articles that were released in a short time.

He looked at the comments of netizens with anxiety.

[+435,-1237] Wow....pathetic, Onew. You really think apologizing will make anything better. SHINee's and Sunyoung's careers are demolished.

[+1325,-421] Onew....I mean Jinki....you really are sincere. Wow, now I kind of feel guilty for insulting you before. Sorry! 

[+984,-211] Finally people realize that I was right about Jinki. He really is a sweetheart. Why are people so hateful?! Leave Jinki alone! He has done nothing wrong.

[+1408,-125] Oppa, you look so sad. Please don't be! Shinee World and MVPs are here for you! Hwaiting!

[+1903,-542] Hmm....not a fan but his apology is sincere. I forgive you, Onew-sshi. You should be more careful in the future. You won't be forgiven again if you make another mistake like this. 

Onew smiled brightly, looking at the mostly positive comments. Did all his fans disappear the day of the scandal and appear now? A huge weight once again lifted from his shoulders. 

"YES! YES!" Onew shouted, putting his hands in the air. He spun around in euphoria. He looked at his phone once more, unable to believe the comments and how nice netizens suddenly became. 

Immediately, he texted the SHINee members about the comments. Finally, he called the one who shared this scandal with him. Park Sunyoung. 

He nervously awaited Sunyoung's voice to appear on the other side of the phone line when someone knocked on the door. 

"Come in." Onew said, still smiling. Sunyoung appeared, a bright smile on her face. She rushed toward Onew and high-fived him before hugging him tightly.

"ONEW-AH! THE ARTICLES ARE SO POSITIVE!" Sunyoung rejoiced emphatically. Onew nodded, wanting to wrap his arms around her, as well.

Noticing that Onew wasn't responding to her affection, Sunyoung realized how awkward it must be for Onew and let go of him. 

"I just saw them. I'm so happy, Sunyoung." Onew said.

"Let's do something together!" Sunyoung burst out. "Jonghyunie went to visit his parents tonight and I'm bored. Do you want to go to your house and I can show you what umma taught me to make?" 

Onew shrugged his shoulders and then shook his head slowly. "I can't, Sunyoung. Minho....already asked me to go out with him and Key. Sorry." 

Sunyoung frowned, but quickly flashed a bright smile and nodded. "Okay. I'll call Amber or maybe Krystal. Victoria unni is busy with Zhoumi oppa and Sulli and Taemin are dating obviously, so they probably together. Aigoo...we really are growing up. Onew-ah, remember when we were just kids? Omma and omeoni used to dream about us to getting married. I was so disappointed that my future was already decided. But now, I think I would've liked that." 

Onew raised his eyebrows. "Sunyoung, do you discern what you are saying?" Please be telling the truth. Please mean what you are saying. Onew thought.

Sunyoung turned extremely red. "S-sorry. I didn't mean that. I meant if Jonghyun hadn't met me, then maybe I would've agreed to you. It's not that you're my second option, but it's just that I like you enough to marry you. And...aiish forget whatever I'm saying!" 

AIISH. Pabo, pabo, pabo. What is happening to me? Why am I being like this? I need Jonghyun. I need Jonghyun. Onew is just confusing me. Right? Sunyoung scolded herself silently.

Onew nodded, trying to seem apathetic to her words. 

"I think I'll go now. Good night, Jinki." Sunyoung said quietly, leaving in a hurry. 

Jinki. She called me Jinki. Onew thought.

~~~

3 weeks later.....

"SHINee, you are scheduled for a fan meeting today, as you know. Please remember that Jonghyun, you have to make your special announcement today." SHINee's new manager, Hyunjae, stated at SHINee's meeting. 

"Yes. I am ready to reveal. There are already rumors about it though. But no one expected it to be so soon, right?" Jonghyun said.

"No, they didn't." Onew agreed. "It'll be a surprise for SHINee World." 

What was this surprise? 

~~~

"And now we are introducing....f(x)!!!" The host of the show, Sulli, announced brightly. This was f(x)'s fan meeting and f(x) had hired their friend actress Sulli to host the fan meeting for them. f(x) had just performed their debut song, LaChaTa, and the last song they released, which was "Colors". It was time to talk about themselves.

"We are f(x)! Annyeong haseyo!" Victoria, Amber, and Krystal greeted, waving and smiling from ear to ear.

"f(x), what is this sudden surprise? You were on hiatus just 3 weeks ago. Does this mean you're coming back with an album soon?" Sulli asked.

"Yes, we are currently still on hiatus. Our members are getting older. I'm already married and all. Maknae recently got married and Amber's happily dating. SM Entertainment agreed that we needed some personal time with our loved ones and friends, so we will continue on an indefinite hiatus. But don't worry! We will continue individual activities, as well as possible subunits in the group or with other artists!" Victoria announced.

"Ah, I see. The fans are really waiting for you guys, but they also want you to be happy, as we can see. Amber-sshi, can you read some of the signs that the fans are holding up?" Sulli looked around at the hundreds of fans crowding around f(x)'s stage. It was inside an indoor auditorium and many fans were unable to come due to being too tardy in buying tickets.

"Let's see....I see 'f(x) hwaiting!', 'Victoria, please come to Daegu'! I'm sure she'll try! 'Amber, Krystal, Victoria jjang!' 'Amber!' 'Krystal'! 'Soojung, Josephine, Qian, make these your stage names from now on!' Hmm...there's an idea! 'I'm happy to be myself, Amber unni!' That's nice to hear." Amber read, awed by the fans' words.

"The signs are really heartwarming to read and see. They're so colorful!" Krystal smiled.

"Yes...now that we have warmed up! Time for questions! Victoria, Krystal, and Amber who are your closest friends, other than f(x) members?" Sulli questioned.

"We all can agree that we are close to Sulli-sshi, Sunyoung-sshi, and SHINee. We all are really friends and most of us are dating or married to each other, so..." Victoria smiled.

"But individually, I would say I'm close to SNSD's Hyoyeon unni, Jackson from GOT7, Hyuna, Ailee unni, Eric Nam, Rome, Peniel, Woori unni, and so many more." Amber said.

"Quite the social butterfly, aren't you, Amber-sshi?" Sulli chuckled.

"I'm close friends with Sooyeon-sorry-Jessica unni, my sister. She really is my backbone. I also am close with Park Shin Hye unni, Kim Ji Won unni, everyone from Heirs. I'm close with SNSD's Yoona unni, KARA's Hara unni, and of course, the silly Sulli." Krystal teased Sulli.

"Yes, yes. I am friends with f(x)'s maknae Krystal! Ha ha, what about you, Victoria-sshi?" Sulli asked.

"I am close with Kim So Eun, Kyuhyun-sshi, Changmin-sshi, BoA unni, and Ga In-sshi." Victoria responded.

"Wow, f(x) is so social! But, Victoria, didn't you say you had an announcement to make?" Sulli acknowledged. Victoria slightly blushed and nodded.

"Everyone, f(x)'s leader is already 32! That's pretty old right? But this leader is old enough now to be a mother. So, I am one. My first child will come into this world in June next year. I'm very excited to tell you that! Surprise!" Victoria grinned.

The fans below gasped. The media looked around and smiled, appreciating the news. Eventually, the auditorium filled with applause and cheers for Victoria.

As f(x) began their own fan meeting, SHINee was about to finish theirs.

Their debut song, Replay(Noona Neumo Yeppeo), as well as their other successful songs, such as "Lucifer", "Sherlock(Clue+Note)", "Juliette", "Dream Girl", and "Everybody".

Finally, they were closing up and Jonghyun was preparing his announcement momentarily.

"Shinee World, our member Jonghyun would like to say something. Please listen to him well. Thank you." Onew, the leader, announced. Fans immediately quieted down, eager to hear what he would say.

"Shawol, we have been together since May 25, 2008. I hope that we will continue to be together. We have come to such a stage where we are like this." Jonghyun said, his fingers interwining. "I want us to be like this forever. But, this means that we will all continue to support each other, right? We will help you through music and you will help us by listening to our music. I remember Minho's wedding and how you all made a wonderful event for Minho and Krystal-sshi. That was so kind of you. But when I get married, you won't be mad, will you? Please support me and my soon-to-be wife, Park Sunyoung. We are getting married this Saturday, March 14th. Yes, it is on White Day, so I guess I will be giving Sunyoung my heart on that day. Please understand this situation and support us. Thank you."

The fans clapped and cheered , "SUNHYUN, SUNHYUN,SUNHYUN! We will support you until the end, Lee Jinki, Kim Jonghyun, Kim Kibum, Choi Minho, Lee Taemin! SHINee!!!"

Onew smiled brightly, thankful for the support, but his mind was also on something else. So, they are getting married, I see. Have a great married life, SunHyun.