8

Protection B*tchface

 

Kris bounded up the stairs, he had his pistol in hand as he opened the door to her room. He paused as he realized that Najung was screaming in her sleep. He put the gun on his holster and slowly walked to her.

Najung was twisting and turning, she was sweating heavily.

“No! You…Eomma!” She screamed, tears line her eyes.

Kris grabbed her by the shoulders and shook her.

“Najung? Najung, wake up.”

“Eomma….Don’t do this!” She whimpered again, she was breathing heavily. Kris tried to make her sit up.

Then she froze under his grip.

“Na..jung?”

Her eyes were open, she looked at Kris. She briefly pressed her forehead against his chest, Kris paused.

Then she pulled away.

“Kris..I~” She reached for the sides of her head. She was panting and her top was drenched in sweat. Kris let go of her.

“Najung?!” Chanyeol ran in the room, he was clad in sweats.

“I’m okay. Sorry, guys. Go back to sleep.” She murmured before standing up and walking to the bathroom.

 

“She was screaming earlier.”

Chanyeol nodded.

“She’s still having nightmares from time to time. I usually just wake her up and give her water.”

“Nightmares?”

“She might not show this but her trauma is getting worse, she refuses to go to the doctor for therapy.”

Kris glanced at her room again before going down.

 

“No!” Jackson groaned as Najung’s epee pressed on his chest squarely; they were practicing at the garden of the clubhouse, with Kris a few meters away.

“It’s a Saturday, and you’re not even trying to escape?” Jackson mused as he dropped on the grass.

“I tried escaping multiple times. He’s good.” Najung almost sighed.

“At least you’re safe, let’s not forget that.” Kyungsoo appeared bringing a box of pizza with him, Najung chuckled and hugged the other male.

“Squishy.” She chuckled as they sat down.

Kyungsoo smiled as he saw Kris standing a few meters away.

“Well, that must be how the Blue House guards roll.”

“Right, I passed by your house earlier, are you trying to collect different models of CCTV cameras?” Jackson mused.

“Sort of…but, I don’t really care.” Najung nodded.

“We know that.” Kyungsoo made a face at her before eating.

 

“Aren’t you hungry? Join us.”

Kris looked down, Najung was standing before him. He glanced at the huge gazebo where the other young people had gathered, then at Jackson and Kyungsoo.

“Oh, we don’t like joining them there.” Najung explained.

“No, thanks. I’m okay.”

“Just join us, Kris. It’s awkward for me~”

“Just eat, Najung.” Kris stated firmly, Najung rolled her eyes and went back to her friends.

“Arctic.” Najung grumbled as he sat down.

“True, he’s like the cold urban man type.” Jackson nodded.

“Sometimes he drives me crazy.”

 

“We’re only here because we ran out of food.” Jackson explained as he pulled Najung to the gazebo with Kyungsoo behind them. She saw Kris follow them discreetly.

“Mark.” Kyungsoo said as he saw the silent male walk to them.

“It’s odd seeing you here.” Najung walked to him, then she felt someone poke her shoulder.

“Look who’s here, our recluse is out under the sun.” Nara was looking at her, her three other friends were looking at Najung sinisterly. Kyungsoo looked at his friend.

“Nara, is it really okay for you to be out under the heat? Your nose job, it might melt.” Najung said sweetly.

Nara smirked at her, her eyes narrowed into slits.

“Nara, stop this.” Mark said firmly.

“No, oppa. This girl she’s just using her..sickness to be close to you.”

“I don’t remember you getting sick, are you not feeling well?” Jackson hissed as he slowly pulled his friend away, then Najung yanked her arm back.

“I feel bad for you. You change your looks, yet nobody still notices you. Have you ever tried to change that personality too?” She spat, Nara pushed her back sending Najung staggering backwards. She felt two hands squeezing her elbows and pulled her up.

“This has to stop, you are not allowed to touch miss Kim.” Kris stated. Najung saw how Nara’s eyes widened as she studied Kris’s face.

She wanted to roll her eyes, she brushed her palms on her shirt.

“She started it.”

“Najung, let’s go.” Kris pulled her away, but Najung turned to Nara.

“Oh and by the way, the crop top and hot shorts, they don’t match. Stop trying to copy me. It makes you look like one of the Muppets.”

 

Najung leaned against the Land Rover’s hood. Kris stared at her warily.

“You don’t look like you had enough sleep.” Kris said to her. She shook her head.

“It drives me crazy….Why does she exist?”

Kris almost smiled.

“You’re being childish for a state witness.”

“Yes, yes, I’m supposed to be this scared little girl who saw .”

Kris took off his coat and draped it around her.

“You can surpass all this. Those guys can’t touch you.”

“Kris…you…didn’t see how..” She exhaled, her fingers trembling. Kris’s eyes widened as Najung walked to him and pressed her forehead against his chest.

“I’m sorry…but Chanyeol lets me to do this, to make me relax.”

“I get nightmares a lot…sometimes I get hot flushes or…become anxious..I don’t understand how you can stand me though.” Her shoulders shook.

Kris nodded, know he knew what Chanyeol meant when there was more to learn about her. Najung might have a wild image to others, but once she opens up, she’s a warm person.

“Oh, and rule number two: If there’s a party, you’re required to come with me in the actual party not stay at the corners.” She said before looking up to him.

 

“And we should totally get rid of this stiff looking suit.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++