18

Protection B*tchface

Kris winced as his superior half yelled.

“Where are you right now?”

“Out, Najung’s attending an event.”

“Come here, quickly!”

“But sir~”

“You…You made me look bad. Were you trying to make fun of the chief?!”

“Be here in ten minutes!”

 

Najung’s vision blurred as people started to scream, she dropped the glass on the floor. Then she staggered back.

“Najung-ah, you have run!”

“Eomma…I can’t leave you!”

Her mother smiled and reached for cheek, Najung’s tears flowed as the bullet wound on her mother’s side kept on bleeding.

“Eo—mma, jebal..don’t do this.”

“Just go, Najung. Leave me here, eomma will be okay.”

Najung was shaking as she started to step away from the place. People had began running, she felt someone hit her, she almost stripped.

Najung was panting heavily.

“….Kris…Oppa..” She tried to call out, but it was useless, everyone was shouting around her.

 

Kris was already in the car, speeding away from the hotel when he saw police cars stop right in front of the place. Then he noticed a huge crowd appearing by the exit doors. His eyes widened as he stepped on the brakes and took a U-turn.

 

Najung staggered as she made her way towards the doors. Her fingers kept on shaking, her tears were staining her cheeks.

Another gunshot was heard, she didn’t even flinch.

It was all coming back to her.

Her mother.

Her mother dying right in front of her.

She needed to get out of the place, she tried to look up.

Then her knees buckled beneath her, she landed on the marble floor.

 

 

Jaejoong was already outside with the crowd, Shinah was beside him. Then he saw Kris running towards them.

“Kris…I didn’t see Najung…she~”

Kris took out his ID before walking towards the officers who were guarding the entrance doors.

 

“Look who we have here.”

The deep voice made Najung look up, her lips had gone pale and she was sweating.

Her eyes met with a pair of dark eyes and a pistol pointed at her.

The man was wearing a mask that hid his nose and mouth.

“D~”

“Put your gun down!”

The man turned and found Kris, pointing his gun at him. His eyes were tensed as they traveled to Najung who was sitting on the floor and to the man.

The male tilted his head at him, then he cocked the gun and pointed it on Najung’s forehead. He leaned over and grabbed Najung.

“Shoot me and she dies.” He pressed his pistol against Najung’s neck.

Najung was shaking badly, Kris exhaled heavily.

“Put your gun down.” The man said calmly, Kris dropped the gun.

“K—Kris..leave. Go…Get out.” Najung managed to speak.

“I was assigned to keep you alive.”

The man chuckled.

“I guess you can’t do that.”

“I can.” Kris nodded before reaching for the knife on his ankle holster and attacked the male.

 

Najung was tossed to the floor as Kris attacked the other male, he managed to stab the man’s arm, causing enough to damage for him to disarm him.

Najung looked away, her fingers were still trembling.

In fact, she was trembling.

She heard footsteps nearing them, she bit her lip just to keep her eyes from closing.

“Najung?” She felt a pair of strong arms lift her from the cold floor.

“Kris…”

“Don’t talk, I’m taking you to the hospital.” He cut her off, Najung looked up, she noticed a thin line of blood on his left lip.

 

“I know what you saw, that’s why I’m here…to protect you.” He smiled softly before pressing his lips on her forehead.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++