14

Protection B*tchface

 

 

Tao’s eyes darted from Shinah then to his cousin. Chanyeol was about to stand, when Najung slid down from the counter.

Her lips were pursed, there was something about how Shinah said it made her iffy.

“It’s my house, we can eat anywhere, with anyone.”

“I know that, but they’re your driver and guard, Najung.” Shinah smiled politely.

Najung’s eyed narrowed slightly.

“Right, my driver has an international license, he can drive anywhere, and my bodyguard, you don’t want know he can do.” Najung chuckled while leaning against Kris.

Shinah’s shoulders tensed.

“I prefer eating with them.” Najung said, her tone oozing with mock sweetness.

“Hey, what’s taking the cake so long? Oh! You guys are here.” Jaejoong chuckled and slapped Chanyeol’s shoulder.

“It’s been a while, hyung.” Chanyeol nodded, Shinah watched in confusion as Jaejoong chatted with the two tall males. Tao grinned and looked away.

Najung briefly raised her brows at Shinah before eating again.

 

“Dinner? Dinner too?” Najung shook her head as she watched Yunho and Changmin leave. Yoochun chuckled and kissed her cheek.

“See you soon, baby girl.” He said before walking to his car.

“She’s my baby girl!” Jaejoong hollered. Najung shook her head and waved at Junsu.

“See you soon, oppa!” She said before walking back to the house.

 

“Are you going to cook?” Najung asked from the living room as she saw her older brother checking the fridge.

“I am, anything you want to eat?”

“Nothing really, can I step out for a bit?”

“Why?”

“I’m going to take Lacey out for a walk, with Kris!” She added as she stood up, Kris appeared from the backdoor.

“Ask Shinah if she wants to come with you!” Jaejoong replied, Najung rolled her eyes and walked towards Kris.

“Are you going out?” He asked, Najung just grabbed his arm and pulled him towards the front door.

 

“Who does she think she is? Marching into someone else’s kitchen?” Najung grumbled as Kris took hold of the leash, Tao had joined them and he was chuckling.

“I still think you need to be polite.” Kris nodded.

“Do I need to be?”

Tao shook his head.

“There are only two things I hate, people who don’t have dining etiquette and arrogant people. She happens to fall on the second criteria.”

“But, jie why do you hate her so much? You just met her.” Tao asked, Kris nodded.

“I heard her talking about brother a few days ago, are you up for something new?”

“New?”

Kris sighed and let the two talk, Najung had one arm wrapped around his as they chatted.

 

“You wanted to talk, hyung?” Chanyeol asked as he joined Jaejoong inside the kitchen, the two maids politely stepped out.

“How is she doing?” Jaejoong asked while slicing some carrots.

“She’s doing fine, amazingly, she hasn’t gone escaping these past few weeks.” He grinned, Jaejoong chuckled.

“Now, that’s an achievement. But, I noticed something,”

“What is it, hyung?”

“She’s finally opening up, she’s finally showing some dependence on others, like Kris and you.” Jaejoong nodded.

“You noticed too, hyung?”

“She even asks for Kris’s permission, daebak.”

 

 

Najung helped her brothers as he grilled the meat, Tao was setting the table at the garden for them.

“Need help?” Shinah walked to them with a sweet smile on her face. Najung bit her lip and continued to flip the meat.

“You’re doing well here, baby girl.” Jaejoong grinned and pinched her cheeks before ushering Shinah to stand with them, Najung glanced as her brother taught Shinah how to grill the meat properly.

“This is how it’s done? It’s exciting.” She chuckled, Jaejoong smiled and kissed her cheek. Najung made a face and put the wooden chopsticks down.

She gagged before walking to Tao.

 

“That’s my spot.” Najung said, they were in the kitchen, she was facing the window, watching her brother and Shinah. Tao took out the salad from the refrigerator.

“Right, jie jie can be a little possessive of her brother.” Tao nodded to Kris.

“So, the reason you asked me to come here was to rant..?” Kris looked at her, Tao nodded for his cousin before stepping out.

“Here.” Kris handed her Hermes purse to her.

“You left it in the car, I know you’ll need that later.”

Najung nodded and took it from him.

“Will it be okay if…we take Lacey home?” She looked up. Kris managed a smile.

“It’s your house, Najung.”

“But you’re the boss, why am I even asking permission from you when it’s my house?” She blinked twice, Kris chuckled at her.

“Just call me if you need anything.”

“Can’t you just eat us? I need someone to stop me from puking rainbows and unicorns.” She jutted her lips towards the window.

“Maybe it’s not a bad time to get used to her.”

“Hell, no.” She grimaced before leaving.

 

“Oooh! Is that new Hermes purse from their spring collection?” Shinah squealed as Najung joined them at the table, Tao looked up at her.

Najung blinked and glanced at the purse that slung around her shoulder, she looked at her brother.

“I—I don’t know, oppa..?” Najung looked at her sibling.

“You..dont know?” Shinah blinked.

“Ani, oppa bought it for me, it arrived last week. I have no idea which collection this is.” Najung nodded.

“You like it?” Jaejoong asked Shinah, she nodded.

Najung resisted the urge to roll her eyes, Tao nudged her shoulder.

“I’ll get you one. That way, it will look pretty when you and Najung use it together.”

Tao almost burst out laughing.

 

“I cannot compute.” Najung said as she got in the backseat and took off her shoes. Chanyeol shook his head and started the car as Kris strapped his seatbelt.

“I take it as you don’t like her?”

“Did you even try to like her?”

“Why does she even exist?” Najung shot back at the two.

“Na, she’s your brother’s girlfriend. She wont take your place.” Chanyeol explained.

“I know that.”

“Besides, Jaejoong hyung babies you too much, just be kind to her.”

“Maybe when she stops mining.”

Kris shook his head as Chanyeol glanced at Najung in confusion.

“Mining?”

“Gold digging activity. Yeah.” Najung nodded flatly.

“Why am I even speaking to you?” Chanyeol murmured.

 

The Hummer pulled over in front of the front door, then Najung paused as she noticed a car parked a few meters away from them.

“Kris, who~” She halted when she saw Kai step down from the vehicle.

Chanyeol’s brows rose up and he glanced at Najung. Kai walked to her.

“Can we talk?” He said in a soft tone, Najung was about to refuse when she saw something odd with his expression. She looked at Kris, asking for permission.

“We’ll be inside.” Kris gave her patted her shoulder before heading to the house.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++