16

Protection B*tchface

 

Najung slid down from the car, Hongdae looked calm during the day, and it made her relax. She tied her silver lavender hair and put on a black beanie as she walked.

Her mind was muddled.

Kai was bothering her a lot.

Why did he have to say those things?

She sighed.

And her brother’s girlfriend.

Lee Shinah happens to be bad news.

Men eyed her appreciatively as she passed, Najung was deep in thought as she continued walk. She even forgot that her purse was left in the car with Tao.

 

The six agents assigned to patrol the house winced and looked away, Kris was beyond pissed. Najung had been gone for three hours already. They had traced her location at the Kims’ company building, but it was only her purse. He had tried contacting Kyungsoo, but he had no idea where Najung had gone off.

“First, check the area. Gangnam and Myeongdong.” Kris ordered before walking back to the Hummer.

He cursed silently.

He should have seen it coming. Najung would see the opening, she would take the opportunity to escape.

He was stupid to trust her not to escape.

 

Najung sat down on one of the marble benches; she stretched her legs before her.

“You seem to be down, miss.” A male sat beside her. She shook her head and started to stand, but the male yanked her back.

Najung was about to react when suddenly the male’s hand was yanked away from hers; his arm was twisted in a painful position. She looked up, only to meet Kris’s cold eyes.

She froze and started to reach for her pocket.

Her phone wasn’t with her.

She mentally cursed.

“Kris, I~”

“I trusted you stay at home, I thought we were passed this Najung. What are you thinking~”

“Najung?”

They both turned, Kris pushed the male away.

“Kai…Haerin.” Najung bit her lip, Kris glanced at her.

“We need to leave. Now.” Kris stated, Kai walked to them.

“Hi, Najung-ssi.” Haerin smiled and kissed her cheek. Kai looked away.

“I actually need to use the restroom, I’ll be back.” Haerin gave them a wave before leaving. 

“Najung, about last night~”

“We need to go.” Kris said to her.

“I was being honest. I came back for you, I want you to win you back.” Kai reached for her hand.

“Najung, car. Now.” Kris almost hissed.

“We’re talking here.” Kai turned to him, his eyes cold.

“Well I’m preventing her from being killed.” Kris almost snapped, Najung blanched, she new Kris was mad at her.

“Kai, what you’re doing is stupid.”  She said before turning away from him.

“I still love you, Na.”

Najung closed her eyes briefly before walking, Kris followed her.

 

 

Chanyeol stepped out of the house as soon as he saw the Hummer enter the gates.

“Na! Where have you been? I was so worried.”

Then he stopped, the look on Najung’s face told him that something was wrong.

Why hadn’t he noticed it last night?

He heard Kris shut the door and the older male just walked away, not looking at Najung or speaking.

“Na~”

“I’ll be in my room, tell ahjumma that she only needs to cook for you guys. I wont be eating.” Najung said flatly before walking to the doors.

 

Breakfast was terrible.

No, not the food. But the atmosphere. Chanyeol couldn’t eat properly. Najung was being quiet and Kris wasn’t speaking, it was normal for him, but usually, Najung and him chatted over the meal.

“Uhm~” He started.

“Oppa called, he wants me to attend some event today, later at ten.” Najung stated.

“We’ll have the car ready.” Kris replied brusquely.

Najung’s brows furrowed, as she watched Kris stand up and head to his office.

“What happened, Na?”

“I~”

One of the guards came inside the house.

“Young miss, someone’s outside. He says he needs his car back.”

 

Kris glanced up as he saw Mark enter the house, from the other screen he saw Najung step out of her room, dangling his car key around her fingers.

He heard someone knock on his door.

“Yes?” He stood up, Mark entered the office.

“I know, Najung escaped earlier, it was reckless and crazy, but..that’s Najung.”

Kris didn’t know what to reply.

“But you have to understand her, Kai…he’s the only person who could affect her so much. Yesterday, she just wanted to relax..and breathe. And this house isn’t exactly helping her with that.” He glanced at the CCTV screens.

“I think you know how much danger she is in right now.” Kris replied.

“Of course, I know. I just hope you would help her, she might appear strong but..right now, I don’t think Najung’s stable.”

“Oh..you’re here.” Najung stepped in the room, she refused to look at Kris and tossed the keys to Mark.

“Thanks, bud.” She said before heading out. Mark shook his head.

“And, you don’t have to worry a lot about her, she knows how to judge situations well.”

 

The ride to Cheongdam was silent. Chanyeol didn’t come with them. Najung decided to sit on the front passenger seat.

“I know you’re mad at me, but..” Najung puffed her cheeks.

“It was my fault, sorry.”

Kris glanced at her.

“Did…that talk with Kai bother you?” He asked in a soft tone.

“He..bothers..me a lot.” She shrugged, Kris nodded.

“I’ll leave you at the party, just call me when you need to go home, okay?”

Najung blinked.

“You…aren’t going to~”

“You said you needed fresh air, right? So enjoy yourself later.” Kris smiled and patted her head.

 

“Did Mark feed you something wrong?” She murmured.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++