7

Protection B*tchface

Najung sat on the bench, she ignored as the cold wind hit her back.

She couldn’t believe it, he was getting married, she brushed her tears away.

She thought her feelings for her him were gone, long gone.

But seeing him earlier, she grew nervous, just like before.

She bit her lip and looked at the sky.

“What am I doing, really?”

“You saw him?” Kyungsoo sat beside her.

“I..”

“I was shocked too, he’s getting married.” Kyungsoo said, Najung looked away.

“Na…I thought…you…forgot about him already.” Kyungsoo studied her face.

“I….dont know, I need to leave.”

 

Kris looked up as Najung appeared again, then he saw some reporters making their way to her.

He shrugged off his coat and walked to her.

“Please, don’t take photos.” He said in his flat tone as he wrapped the coat around her.

Najung felt herself being pulled as the people followed them.

“Miss Kim, are you all well now?”

“Did you know about Kim Jongin’s wedding plans? Are you in good terms?”

 

Kris started the car, he glanced at Najung who was seated at the back.

“Are you alright?”

Najung looked up.

“Can you drink and drive?” She asked, Kris shook his head at her and maneuvered out of the lot.

“I need a drink.”

“Water.”

“Can I call Jackson to meet up?”

Kris could hear the weight of sadness on her tone, but he couldn’t understand.

Why were the people asking her about someone getting married?

 

 

“Don’t take it off.” Kris murmured, currently asking himself why he was letting Najung do this. Or why he was parked outside a jam-packed club.

Najung nodded as he slid the bracelet on her wrist.

“I don’t understand, why can’t you just go in?”

Kris almost smiled at her.

“You said you wanted to be alone.”

 Najung’s brows furrowed, she slowly took off his coat and handed it to him.

“So far, you’re the best body guard I’ve had, though we can make changes with the face.

Kris blinked.

“You are aware that you only have two facial expressions, right? Frowning and just flat.”

“Just go inside.”

“So you’re just letting me go?” She paused, the Kris she knew would not just let her enter a place filled with people.

“I go shopping and you insist on coming, but to a club~”

“I’ll be right here, don’t drink too much.” Kris patted the bracelet on her wrist.

 

Mark frowned as Najung sat beside him, he knew of his friend’s title.

Socialite Partygirl Kim Najung, but behind all that, he knew that there was more to Najung.

“Stop drinking.” He pulled the bottle away from her.

Jackson was still nowhere to be seen amongst the sweaty crowd.

“I…saw him today.” Najung slurred and leaned against Mark’s shoulder.

“Him?” Mark trailed off, then his brows rose.

“He’s back?”

He glanced around, some males were eyeing his friends furtively, some of them wanted to step closer.

He felt someone standing before them, Kris.

“She’s drunk.” Mark said, Kris nodded, Najung suddenly sat up, then she smiled cheekily as she saw Kris.

face!” She grinned, Mark rolled his eyes and helped her stand.

“It’s okay, I’ll take her outside.”

 

It was around one in the morning when Kris walked in his office, he glanced at the surveillance screens briefly before sitting down. He picked up Najung’s folder and started to read.

Kim Jongin.

It was another name, he didn’t have any idea how he was related to Najung. He took a sip from his coffee as he read about her education and other hobbies.

Najung was an excellent student; she graduated earlier than most of her batch mates during university days.

 

He was about reach for more of her documents when he heard a bloodcurdling scream.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++