23

Protection B*tchface

 

Kris’s brows furrowed as he felt his phone vibrate, he sat up and pushed the blanket off him.

He mentally cursed himself for not switching off the device before he went to bed.

He glanced at the screen.

“Najung?” He answered, his voice hoarse.

“I knew it!”

He winced.

“What?”

“You were so pale last night, you’re sick, aren’t you?”

“Najung, we’re in the same house, no need to call me. I’ll be at~”

“No need. I’ll be there in a few.”

 

“Have you reached him?” The elder man asked from his leather seat, the man, clad in a crisp black and white suit, shook his head apologetically.

“We have not yet, sir. He seems to be rejecting our calls.”

“But you know where he is?”

“Yes, as of now, he is residing at Bukcheon, at a secluded area.”

The man nodded and glanced at the family portrait that was gilded in gold.

 

Najung stepped in the room, she looked around and noticed that most of the items were in the color black, gray or white.

Typical of Kris.

She found Kris sitting up on his bed.

“You look bad.” She commented as she plopped on the couch across him.

“Thanks.” Kris muttered and looked at her.

“I came here with food, Madame Song didn’t know what to give you so..” She jutted her lips towards the tray of food on his desk.

“I brought those over, anyway, get well soon.”

Kris grinned at her.

“Just because I’m sick that doesn’t mean you can escape.”

Najung rolled her eyes at him.

“Oppa wants to talk to you about that China thing.”

Kris’s brows furrowed but he nodded.

“And, thanks for helping last night.” She walked to him and gently wrapped her arms around his shoulders before leaving him.

 

“No, definitely not interested.” Najung snorted, Jaejoong shook his head.

“Abeoji just wants you to meet him once, give it a shot, baby girl.” Jaejoong said as he ate with his sister, Najung could heard Chanyeol chuckling inside the kitchen.

“Oppa, I’d rather you let me work in the company.” She crossed her legs.

“Na, you know what happened. I can’t let you work again.”

“Heol, there goes my business degree, right in the trash.” She shot back, Jaejoong sighe.d

“You’re going to meet him today, that’s final. No more bargaining.”

“I cant go out!” Najung shook her head.

“Why?” Jaejoong rolled his eyes.

“Kris is sick, my security detail isn’t complete.” She nodded solemnly.

“You only care about that when you’re in a difficult situation, it’s fine. You have Chanyeol with you plus the two agents, you’ll be safe.”

“But o~”

“Just go and get dressed.”

 

Kris was dressed in a black sweater and jeans as he stepped out of his room, he made his way to his office when he heard Najung grumbling as she went down the steps.

“Seriously, a blind date? At this day and age?”

“Kris is sick. Doesn’t that mean it’s not safe for me to go outside?”

“What if someone comes after me?”

“He should be there!”

“He needs to shoot and stab dangerous people!”

He heard Chanyeol chuckle.

“Don’t use hyung as a reason, Na.”

“I’m just following rules.” She replied as they reached the last step.

“Since when did you follow rules?” Kris asked, the two turned to him.

“You’re going to meet people dressed like that?” Kris blinked. Najung was dressed in an oversized structured Givenchy sweater and ripped skinny jeans, her feet were clad in a pair of leather sneakers.

“I’m not exactly going there to impress.” She replied.

Kris shook his head at her, he looked at Najung’s shoes then at her face.

He smirked.

“Be careful on your way.” He waved them off.

Najung nodded before heading out with Chanyeol. Kris was about to turn to his office when Chanyeol called him,

“But hyung,”

Kris looked at him questioningly.

“I think she’s anxious that you’re not coming.” He grinned before leaving.

 

"I think she has a plan." Kris murmured to himself.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++