22

Protection B*tchface

 

“Jongdae?” Kris picked up his phone, it was already late at night and he was in his office.

“I heard the chief talking, I guess your little miss scared the hell out of him.”

Kris smiled softly and nodded.

“I think he called at the wrong time, Najung wasn’t feeling so well.”

“Really? Is it true then, hyung?”

“About what?” Kris stood up to pick up his discarded coat.

“Is she really hard to look after?”

Kris almost chuckled, he walked towards the door.

“She isn’t..she’s okay.”

“You’re actually praising someone, well, in your..standards. Odd way of saying things though, hyung.”

Kris was about t reply when he heard Najung screaming from her room.

 

Kris pushed the door open, and found Najung on her bed, she was sweating heavily, while sobbing.

“Najung?” He asked as he walked to her bed, Kris sighed and sat beside her.

“Eomma…I’m…sorry.” Najung murmured, then she began to scream again. Kris’s brows furrowed, then gently he pulled Najung up in a sitting position and gently shook her.

“No……Don’t touch me…I didn’t do anything!”

“Najung,” He squeezed her shoulders, Najung was still sobbing. Then her eyes opened.

“K—Kris~” She shook her head weakly. Kris was about to stand to switch on the lights, but Najung reached for his hand to stop him.

“Did I wake you up?...I’m..sorry.” She wheezed, Kris shook his head at her.

“Na, it’s fine. Are you okay? I can get you water.” Kris offered, Najung just shook her head slowly and wrapped her arms around his neck.

“I dreamt about that…again.” She breathed out; Kris smiled and gently squeezed her to him.

“It’s okay Na, you’re safe here.” Kris rubbed her back comfortingly; Najung just let her tears fall as she pressed her nose against his neck.

 

 

Najung opened her eyes and felt a weight a solid weight on her forehead, she reached for the damp towel. She blinked before setting the towel away.

“Hey, are you feeling better?” Chanyeol walked in the room with a tray laden with food.

“What happened?” She asked groggily as she sat up.

“Why are you serving me food here? Yeol, we talked about this, I can go down and eat by mys~”

“I know that, but last night you kept on having nightmares. I want you to rest today.” Chanyeol sent her a look, Najung blinked.

“I…was?”

“You kept on screaming the whole night and you wouldn’t let go of Kris. You kept on saying that someone was chasing you.”

Najung bit her lip as Chanyeol placed the tray on the bed.

“Eat a lot, I’ll ask Madame Song to make you some juice.” Chanyeol squeezed her shoulder before leaving.

 

Najung went down after taking a shower, she took out Lacey from her kennel and brought her in the house.

“Good morning, young miss.” One of the guards greeted, Najung looked at him questioningly.

“I mean, Najung.” He winced shyly. Najung chuckled before walking to the living room, then she paused.

She walked towards the study and found it empty, she pursed her lips. Lacey was following her on her heels.

Najung walked in the office and found Chanyeol inside along with two more guards. Her eyes narrowed at the empty desk.

“Kris?” Chanyeol asked her.

“Yeah, I haven’t seen him since this morning.” She replied while glancing around, Chanyeol almost smiled.

Najung was getting dependent on Kris. It was a good thing, Najung lost her ability to trust people ever since the incident.

“He’s not feeling well, Na. He’s in his room.”

“He’s sick?” Her brows furrowed briefly.

“Just call him, I think he’d be awake by now.”

“Ani, I might wake him up from sleep, it’s okay.” She bit her lip, Chanyeol shook his head.

 

“He’ll wake up for you, Na.”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++