6

Protection B*tchface

Loud music was blaring from the speakers as Najung lunged and parried alone. She was clad in a black sports bra and baggy jeans as she practiced.

Sweat formed on her forehead as she concentrated.

“Please, don’t do this!”

“Eomma!”

“This is what you get for interfering, young lady. Your mom has to suffer.”

Najung was panting, the sword landed on the floor with a loud clang. Tears flowed from her eyes.

 

“How is she?”

Jaejoong looked up, his father was inside his office.

“She’s doing fine, abeoji.”

“The police wants to talk to her,”

“She doesn’t want to, you want her to be in pain again?” Jaejoong shook his had, he heard his father sigh.

“I know son, but…if she doesn’t talk, it would just bring her danger.”

“This is enough now, abeoji. We have someone watching over her, all that matters now is her safety.”

 

 

“Fencing and horseback riding. She likes to go to the club to ride every Wednesdays.” Chanyeol said as Kris walked with him.

“Fencing she does that at the garden or at the practice room.”

“And, here.” Chanyeol handed him three folders.

“Mark Tuan, Jackson Wang and Do Kyungsoo. You’ve met them, they are the only ones allowed entry to the house freely.”

“All guys?”

“Najung doesn’t get along with women easily.”

Kris almost smirked. Kim Najung had that personality. They arrived at the office inside the house, Chanyeol glanced at the surveillance screens.

“And her schedule, she has two events tomorrow.”

“She’s doing this for the press?”

“It’s the family’s way of showing that Najung’s okay.” Chanyeol explained.

“And, a dinner party later for one of Kim Banking Group’s partners.”

 

Najung was clad in a full length skirt that hugged her shape nicely and a black bralette top as she went down from her room.

Kris eyed her attire warily but remained silent.

“Where is this event?” She asked.

“Sheraton Hotel, at their outdoor event hall.”

“Outdoor.” Najung shuddered as she walked to the front door, then she turned back. Chanyeol and Kris halted.

“Tell him.” She said, Chanyeol took out his phone, soon Kris was looking at two photos of males.

“Hong Daesung and Son Taekyung.”

“If they’re near, tell me and give me time to hide. I can’t stand those two.”

 

“Najung.” Kyungsoo said as Najung walked to him, other guests turned to her. Najung crossed her arms as Kyungsoo pulled her with him.

“It wouldn’t hurt to smile back.”

“I was enjoying a relaxing night at home.” She saw Kris standing by the makeshift Grecian pillars.

“Are garden parties becoming a trend now?” She murmured, as she wrapped one arm around Kyungsoo’s.

“How’s work for you?”

“Hell.” He replied evenly, Najung chuckled.

“Na, give me a second, I have to take this call.”

 

Najung walked towards the food table, she was about to pick up one of the mini sandwiches when a familiar deep voice joined her  thoughts.

“Najung-ah?”

She turned and paused.

“Oh..H—Hi.” Her fingers curled around her Givenchy purse.

“It’s been a long time, are you doing well?”

 

Kris looked up as he saw the male approach Najung, he didn’t recognize the face.

He studied Najung’s expression.

His brows rose, she wasn’t looking well.

 

Najung looked away.

“I would like to introduce my fiancé,” The male before her said.

A young lady walked to them, she gave Najung a warm smile and offered her hand. Najung looked up and plastered a smile on her face.

“This is Song Haerin, we’re getting married next month. Make sure to come, okay?” He smiled and patted her shoulder.

 

Najung put her glass down and walked away from the party. Her brows were knitted together.

“Fiancé…? Married?”

She felt a presence beside her.

“Are you okay?”

“I’m going to get some air.” She replied as she started to walk briskly.

Kris followed behind her.

“Kris, I want to be alone.” She said evenly.

“I can’t let you do that.”

She turned to him, Kris paused as he saw the tears line her cheeks.

 

“I want to be alone.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++