37

Protection B*tchface

 

Najung entered the ice cream parlor with Kris behind her, he had a baseball cap on and a pair of eyeglasses.

“Nerdy Kris.” She mused as they walked towards the glass counter to order; she glanced up only to find the lady behind the counter staring at her.

Najung’s eyes narrowed slightly and she turned to Kris.

“I want the strawberry flavored one, then top it off with kiwi and marshmallows.” She muttered before dashing off to look for a table, Kris chuckled and spoke to the lady.

“…Your highness?” The lady smiled as she took the money from Kris.

“I trust that you~”

“It’s okay, I wont tell anyone.” She smiled before listing down their order, Kris nodded and was about to turn back but the lady held onto the sleeve of his jacket.

“But, someday, I would be glad if she becomes your wife.”

“..Wife?”

“Everyone knows you don’t want to be the crown prince, so I’m not going to call her your crown princess. But whatever you decide, we will support you.”

Kris smiled before walking to Najung.

 

 

Kris finally slowed down after am hour drive; Najung leaned forward to look at the tall wooden gates.

“This is..?”

Kris rolled down the windows, one of the men nodded and the gates automatically opened.

“A museum?” She blinked as she noticed the way the building was built inside the gates; Kris gave her a sideward smile.

“No, it isn’t Na.”

Najung nodded as Kris parked the car, she slid down the car and jumped lightly as she noticed three men in black suits approach her.

“Uhmm….Kris?”

Kris walked to her, the men stepped back and walked behind them as they moved forward.

Najung’s brows rose as realization start to hit her.

“Kris?”

Kris looked at her.

“The people you were talking about earlier,…your parents?”

Kris offered her a small smile.

“Well, a heads up would have been better.”

“How you’re handling things..it’s amazing.”

“Like what?” Najung asked as they walked together.

“I had a feeling you would be angry at me, or...give me the cold shoulder.”

Najung shook her head.

 

“Kris, you’re my friend. It’s kind of my job to understand you, it come with the package.”

“Oh…right.” Kris gave her a quick smile before looking away.

 

“This way, your highness.”

Najung’s brows met slightly as they entered the room, then she paused.

“Ma, Pa, this is Najung.” Kris was speaking in Chinese. Najung looked around the room, fascinated by the paintings and other objects that looked new to her.

“Na?”

She turned to Kris and smiled at the elders.

“This is my father and my mother.”

“Hello, nice to meet you.” Najung bowed politely, the queen smiled and gently cupped her cheeks, Najung’s paused. The queen hugged her briefly and let go.

Kris winced slightly.

“Very beautiful.” The queen said in Chinese, Najung looked at Kris questioningly.

“She said you’re beautiful.”

“Thank you, your highness.”

The king stepped forward and placed a red pouch on her palm. Kris blinked at his father.

“Tell her to open it.” The king said, Kris nodded to Najung and she unlaced the ribbon. She smiled as she saw what was inside.

“I’ll wear it well.” She said as she picked up the lotus jade pin.

“Thanks you.” She gave them a bow; Kris was looking at his parents.

I think it’s time you send her back, her family might be looking for her already.” The king patted his son’s shoulder.

“And, Kris?“ His father called, Najung paused and looked at the father and son.

 

 

“What’s taking you so long? Tell her you love her.”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++