26

Protection B*tchface

Najung ate dinner with Chanyeol quietly, Kris had stepped out of the house before they started eating.

“Na~”

“I know, we’re flying for Beijing tomorrow.”

“Yes. You’ll be meeting a temporary guard, he’s an agent that has been assigned to China. He was assigned to guard the Korean consul there.”

Najung nodded.

“Do you need help packing tonight?” Chanyeol asked while frowning.

“No thanks, I need to go up. Excuse me.” Najung said before leaving the table.

 

Kris stepped on the gas harder, the Hummer was bordering the speed limit now.

Earlier when Najung was speaking with Kai, he was there.

The GPS bug on her phone was never deactivated. He had followed her.

His fists whitened as he curled his fingers around the wheel.

He saw how Kai hugged her tightly and how Najung had kissed him before she left.

Kris shook his head in frustration.

Wasn't Kai supposed to be out of the picture now?

Why was he so angry?

It was a natural thing for Najung to escape and cause trouble.

He always saw it coming.

But why was he so worked up?

 

It was one in the morning when Najung finished cleaning her desk. All that was left were her books and some of her shoes.

“Na, I thought you were staying for just two weeks.” Chanyeol entered the room with a glass of milk.

“I figured it might be healthier if I stay longer, staying here…I don’t think that would help my nightmares.” She replied as she got the glass from him.

“Arasso, you should sleep now. We have a ten am flight.” He patted her hand before leaving.

“Okay, thanks.” She smiled before he closed the door behind him.

 

“Yes, yes, I’ll take care of myself.” Najung almost sighed as she went down the staircase, Kyungsoo was on the other end of the line, nagging her.

“And, Najung, you better~”

“Dress warmly, I know, Do Kyungsoo.” She mused as she walked towards the kitchen.

“Fine, I’ll stop, get some sleep.”

“Hmm, good night, Squishy.”

Kyungsoo just grunted before ending the call. Najung put her phone in her pocket as she walked in the kitchen.

She halted as she saw Kris having a cup of coffee on the center table.

Najung’s brows furrowed as she walked to the fridge to get a cup of water. She bit her lip as she turned her back to him.

“Uhm..Kris,” She faced in his direction and placed the glass on the table. It took her a few seconds to reach for the pitcher.

“Can you at least make a sound or something…” She murmured, Kris didn’t even look to her.

“I just had to leave without anyone knowing, it was something I wanted to do alone.”

Kris just continued to drink his coffee. Najung sighed and just returned the pitcher of water in the fridge and shut the door with a soft thud.

“If you don’t want to talk~, look, I know I did wrong Kris. And I apologize for that, but you have to understand how I feel. Being trapped here drives me crazy, I used to live freely, being able to go out any~”

Kris stood up and faced her.

“Something you needed to do alone? Just like dying, right? You die alone.” He replied tersely, he stood up and placed his mug on the sink. Najung took a step back away from him.

“I had to see~”

“Kai, I know. No matter how many times we tell you not to go out late, yet you still do it. You still escape.”

“Kris, you don’t understand, I~”

“You’re right, I don’t, Na. I never do!”

“I had to talk to him, he~”

 

 

Kris grabbed her arm, his other hand went behind her neck and pulled her to him, then she felt Kris’s lips crash on to hers.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++