36

Protection B*tchface

 

 

Before she knew it, Najung was dragged inside the building again, she could hear the guards speaking in rapid Chinese as they shut the doors behind them. Kris finally let her go.

“Sit down.” He said as one of the guards appeared waiting with her wheelchair. She shook her head slowly and pulled away from Kris.

“They called you…” She trailed off, then she looked around them, she noticed that the nurses and other people in the floor were all staring at them-no, at Kris.

Her eyes zeroed on the wall mounted television screen. Kris’s face was on the screen as the anchorman talked.

“What do those characters mean?” She asked him.

“Najung,~”

“Just tell me.”

“Crown Prince Wu Yifan.”

She nodded before stepping away from him.

“I’ll be going to my room.”

Kris was about to follow her, but she turned.

“I want to be alone.” She stated before walking towards the elevator.

 

Luhan looked up as Najung entered the room, Chanyeol switched of the screen and helped her to her bed.

Najung saw the newspaper placed on the bedside table, she pursed her lips before picking it up and placed it inside the drawer.

She exhaled.

“Najung, we~”

“Can..I be alone? I mean, I want the room to myself.”

Luhan nodded and left, Chanyeol lingered for a moment, then he walked towards her. He covered her legs with the blanket.

“I know it can be quite…a shock, but please  Na, don’t be mad.”

“I don’t have a right to be mad, Yeol. I just..need to think.”

Chanyeol smiled and squeezed her hand before leaving.

 

Kyungsoo shook his head and he turned away from the television screen, the footage of Najung and Kris talking at the hospital drove the media crazy.

He was about to get himself a cup of tea when his phone rang, his eyes widened as he saw whom the caller was.

“Na?”

“I’m about to go crazy.”

“You already are.” He murmured as he sat down.

“Do Kyungsoo, what do I do?”

“Na, he’s a good friend, he’s always been there to protect you, and he understood you well.”

Najung turned silent.

“It might be frightening, but you have to understand him too.”

“I just…didn’t expect that he would hide something as big as this.” She murmured lowly.

“Well, would you want the whole world to know that you’re running away from your real identity?”

He heard Najung chuckle softly.

“I’m sure he has his reasons for keeping it Na, you did see what happen earlier? He just steps out for some air, then you have helicopter hovering over him, asking questions.”

“That….was bad.” Najung replied.

“So…what…do you plan to do?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Maybe talk to him, and as soon as I come home I’m planning to stay over at your place and eat.”

“Done deal as long as you get well soon.”

“Got it, thanks Squishy.”

 

Najung winced as she put on the oversized shirt, she knew that it would take a while before she gets to wear fitting shirts again due to her wound. She grabbed her coat and phone before stepping towards the door.

As soon as she peeked out, she found out that there were three guards standing by her door and more standing by the hall.

She winced and stepped out, she was surprised that they made no attempt to stop her. She smiled as she saw Luhan approach her.

“Go on, we wont stop you.” He mused, Najung’s eyes narrowed slightly.

“You wanted to go out, right? You sent Chanyeol a text, right? The car’s waiting downstairs.”

She nodded before walking towards the elevator.

 

Kris was leaning against the car as he watched Najung exit the hospital doors, he smiled as she looked around in confusion. Then he pushed himself off the vehicle and walked towards her.

Najung’s eyes doubled in size as she saw Kris walked towards her, she immediately scanned around for Chanyeol.

“Chanyeol’s not here.” Kris nodded to her.

“I..just wanted to get ice cream.” She murmured while looking at her hands.

“I can take you to a good place.” Kris offered.

“I wouldn’t want to impose on you, your highness.” She grinned at him, Kris felt relief wash over him.

“Let’s go.” She nodded towards the car.

“Wait,”

Kris looked at her.

“Why are you alone? Don’t you have~” She glanced around.

“It’s just us two, like it has always been.” Kris mused, Najung blinked.

“I’m not worrying about my safety, it’s yours I’m quite unsure about.”

Kris chuckled and gently guided her towards the car.

“Come on, I know I have some explaining to do, young miss.”

“Good thing you know, your highness.”

“I do remember that I stopped calling you young miss when you asked.”

Najung chuckled as Kris helped her get in the car. Then seconds later, he started the car.

“That was different.”

“How different?”

“I wasn’t hiding the fact that I’m my father’s daughter.”

Kris winced a little.

“Look, Kris, I understand why you did it. But, I don’t get why you would run away from your family.” Najung looked ahead.

“Because I knew that palace life wasn’t for me.” Kris replied as he maneuvered away from the hospital.

“I had a feeling about that, you love to shoot things and….people.” She teased.

“Kim Najung.” Kris sighed.

She laughed, Kris couldn’t help but smile. Somehow, he was happy that Najung wasn’t mad. Like usual, she just needed time to think and he loved her for that.

“Na?”

“Yes, face? Does that sound better than your highness?”

“Did they give you something wrong at the hospital?” Kris grumbled.

“But seriously, what?”

“After ice cream,”

“I know, go back straight to the hospital and heal. Or call for a unicorn to help me heal.” She chuckled heartily, happy to be finally out of her room.

“No, actually,” Kris swallowed.

Najung turned to him with wide questioning eyes.

 

 

“There are some people who would want to meet you, I mean, if that’s okay with you.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++