45

Protection B*tchface

 

 

Najung pursed her lips as the meeting continued. It was boring her to the point of death.

Jaejoong was seated across her, grinning. Najung glared at her brother.

“So, this year our targeted sales~”

Kris discreetly went inside the room, Najung’s brows rose up as he walked to her.

“It’s Jackson, he says its an emergency.” Kris whispered, Najung paused but she nodded and stood up.

 

Najung got in the car, Kris started the engine.

“Where to?” She asked as she leaned against the seat.

“I was joking. Jackson’s not in terrible danger.” Kris said flalty, Najung balked.

“I saw the look on your face, you wanted to…bolt, Na.”

She chuckled, Kris gave her a smile.

“I was hoping if we could get something to eat? Ice cream, maybe?” He asked carefully, Najung nodded and poked his shoulder playfully.

“You just plucked me from a corporate meeting, sir.”

“You were about to make paper planes out of the documents, I had to save you from the embarrassment.”

“Well, I guess being a prince has it’s perks.” Najung deadpanned, Kris just smiled and leaned over to press his lips against the back of her hand.

 

 

Chanyeol opened the door to welcome Najung’s father and older brother.

“Good to see you, sir!” Chanyeol greeted, the old man smiled.

“Same here, Chanyeol, I hope my daughter isn’t giving you a hard time?”

“Aniyo, Najung will always be Najung.”

“Ya!” Najung called from the staircase. Jaejoong chuckled and walked over to her.

“Hey, little girl.” He mused as Najung went over to give him a hug.

“Abeoji, can you tell me now why you wanted to have lunch here and not at our home?” Najung asked, Jaejoong turned to his father with a huge grin on his face.

Mr. Kim looked away uncomfortably.

“Oh, when did we get this taken?” He asked he gestured towards one of their family portraits.

Jaejoong just shook his head.

 

Kris looked up from his desk as the door opened, moments ago he had seen Najung already making her way to his office through the CCTV screens.

“Your father’s visiting, Na.” He said meaningfully.

“Are you trying to kick me out?” She mused, Kris smiled and waved her over.

“What’s that?” She asked as she leaned towards the table.

“The news, they finally captured him.” Kris pointed towards the screen of his laptop. Najung winced as she recognized the man.

Tu Long Bang’s leader.

“A..death sentence?” She echoed, Kris nodded and rubbed her back comfortingly. Najung grew silent.

Kris stood up and gently wrapped his arms around her.

“You’re okay, Na. He’s already~”

“I know.” She replied as she pressed her forehead against his chest.

 

“Oh, that looks nice.” Najung commented as she entered the kitchen, her father was seated on one of the stools as Jaejoong cooked. Kris came seconds later.

“Good afternoon, sir.” Kris greeted, Jaejoong glanced at his father.

“Kris, hi.” Mr. Kim nodded back awkwardly, Najung blinked but her brother forced her to look away.

“I..saw the news, I know, Najung’s~”

“Is this about me and her, sir?” Kris asked finally.

Mr. Kim nodded, relieved that Kris spoke first.

“Actually, I..gave my position to my older cousin before I told her that I wanted to be with her. I know that my....title would be a hindrance, I’m sorry for not meeting you personally, before I~”

“No, no, Kris, it’s fine. I just…wanted to clarify it with you, but I understand now.” Mr. Kim smiled, Najung chuckled.

“Oppa, why is our father awkward when it comes to this stuff?”

“Hey you two!” Mr. Kim hissed at his children Jaejoong and Najung just chuckled. Kris smiled.

“Oh, Kris, please do join us for lunch.”

 

“So, how was it?” Najung mused as she held onto Lacey’s leash. Kris sent her a sideways smile as they walked out of the house.

“Your father’s an amazing man, he raised you well.”

“You mean, a good escape artist?” Najung grinned, Kris just took her hand as thye walked around the neighborhood.

“Well, that part, yes.”

Najung smiled.

“I have a feeling that media will always follow you around, you know.”

Kris nodded, not knowing what to reply to her.

“But, I’m happy that you came back, I may not say it a lot. But I guess it comes with the package, date a prince, free live coverage.” She teased, Kris laughed dryly and just wrapped one arm around her waist.

“Well, it happens.” Kris said evenly.

Najung just smiled, then Kris paused, she felt his lips press against her cheeks.

“And you’re seeing one of the country’s state witness who tends to gather a lot of attention and did I mention I usually can cause headaches?”

 

“I love you enough to suffer all the scrutiny though. As long as you’re with me, it’s perfect.” Kris nodded.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

END

 

6.26.14

 

thanks everyone!!