11

Protection B*tchface

 

Najung gave waved as her brother drove out of the property. She shook her head and was about to turn towards the front door when she noticed Kris standing by the gates. She grinned before running towards him.

 

“She’s with a guest.” Kris said in his usual flat tone, Kai nodded.

“I know that she might not want to see me, but this is important.”

Kris was about to reply when he suddenly felt a pressing weight on his arm, Najung peeked from behind him.

“I was wondering if I could take a walk around the~Kai.” She halted, Kris felt her grip on his arm tighten.

“I did say I would come by, right?” The male smiled at her, Kris stepped back to give them space. He gave the two guards a nod for them to go back to their posts.

But Najung followed him, she stepped back.

“You came in a wrong time, Kai. We were just leaving.” Najung nodded.

The male nodded and took out an envelope from his coat pocket.

“Here, make sure to come..I guess.” Kai handed her the envelope.

Najung took it from him.

She watched as the Kai got in his car and drove away.

 

Kris watched as Najung walked back to the house while opening the envelope, he saw how Najung tensed slightly as she read its contents.

“Hey, Najung~”

“It’s fine, I don’t feel like taking a walk anymore. Can I come by and visit Kyungsoo later?” She asked him, her eyes were looking at anywhere but his.

Kris nodded and let her go.

 

Najung looked at the envelope and shook her head. It was Kai’s wedding invitation, his wedding with Song Haerin.

She shook her head and grabbed her purse before heading out.

“Kris?” She called as she went down.

“Where do you plan on going?” He asked as he stepped out from his office.

“I…need a dress for the wedding and the party tomorrow.”

“At a mall~”

“If you plan on bringing more guards, please, don’t. You’re good enough, I know that.” She smiled at him, Kris sent her a look.

“You can shoot cars.” She offered helplessly. Kris sighed at her.

“And Kris?”

“What now?”

“Change your clothes, please.”

 

Kris was dressed in a black leather jacket with his white shirt and black tie, he turned heads in every shop they went to.

Najung was drumming her fingers as she waited for her bags.

“I’m hungry. Starving. Famished.” She murmured.

“You’ve bought your dresses, I think you can eat now.” Kris told her.

“I don’t like to eat at home, can we eat out instead?”

“That’s your decision,” Kris looked around.

“I can trust you to search for a place where you want to eat while I put these in the car, right?”

Najung laughed.

“Of course, you can.” She patted the lapels of his jacket, Kris gave her a dubious look.

“Just call me.” She chuckled before hopping off.

 

It wasn’t until he was back inside the mal when Kris realized that what he had done was bordering stupid and a little demented.

He left Najung in a mall, by now, there was a big possibility that she already had escaped. He took his phone and checked her location.

The red dot was still blinking.

He dialed her number.

“I’m at the second floor, a pizza place. Come quickly.” She said before ending the call.

 

After reserving a table, Najung went around the mall. She entered a Givenchy boutique and looked around.

“Ah, right, unnie I heard you were seeing someone again!”

She glanced up, there were two lady customers with her inside. They had three of the staff follow them around while carrying their purchases.

“Right, you heard already?”

“Yes, you’re so lucky unnie!”

Najung blinked, the younger girl was Shin Nara. She made a face before picking up a wallet.

“I know, he does anything I want him to, he gives me everything and what’s important is that, he’s loaded.” The other lady chuckled.

Najung shook her head while looking at Nara and the other girl, then she left the store and soon as Kris called her.

 

Najung looked up as Kris joined her on the table, she grinned in amusement.

“Tell me honestly, you panicked huh?” She asked, she glanced around them and saw a few lady customers stare at Kris.

“You have that…tendency to escape.” Kris replied, Najung pushed a plate towards him.

“Eat up.”

“Najung~”

“If you’re going to go on about that reason that you’re my guard and blah blah, you’re not my personal bodyguard Kris, you’re my friend.”

Kris blinked at her.

“Just eat, I’ll feel awkward if you don’t.”

Kris smiled and nodded.

“You actually know how to smile.” Najung gaped at him in mock shock.

“You actually know how to stay in one place.” Kris shot back.

Najung chuckled.

“Touché, face.”

 

Kyungsoo sighed as Najung entered his office.

“I came by to give you some cookies, squishy.” She mused as she placed a box on his desk, then she plopped on one of the leather couches.

“You’re out, alone. Should you be here?” Kyungsoo sent her a look.

“Kris is downstairs.”

“He let you out?”

“Am I some dog now, Do Kyungsoo?”

Kyungsoo grinned and sat across her.

“I bought some clothes for that party tomorrow and the wedding. Oh and right, oppa asked me to come by the office tomorrow too, that’s weird.”

“Ah, so you know.”

“I know what?”

“Lee Shinah.”

“Lee Shinah..? Who?”

“Your brother’s girlfriend, oh, wait-” Kyungsoo halted and winced.

 

 

“My brother has a girlfriend?!”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++