21

Protection B*tchface

“China.” Kris blinked.

Jaejoong nodded at the two.

“China?” Najung echoed.

“Yeah, I just wanted to tell Kris ahead of time, come, help me set the table.” Jaejoong nodded to her before taking her hand.

Kris leaned against the counter as the two siblings were out.

He closed his eyes briefly before sighing to himself.

I can’t come back.

 

Dinner was slightly chaotic, Jackson kept Najung’s attention away from Shinah. Soon Chanyeol and Kris joined them at their table, Shinah looked up at Jaejoong and frowned.

“Why? Is something wrong?” Jae asked her.

Najung could hear as Shinah spoke softly,

“I just don’t think they should be eating with us.”

Kris and Chanyeol were chatting with Kyungsoo and Mark, Najung bit her lip, pretending to be enjoying the food.

“What?..Why?” Her older brother sounded confused.

“Jae, they’re the help. Why would you invite them to eat with us? They should be eating at the back, where they belong~”

“I’ve had enough of this,” Najung suddenly sat up as she dropped her utensils on the table with a thud.

Everyone became silent. Jaejoong’s eyes widened.

“Who are you?!” Najung turned to Shinah.

“Najungie, why~”

“Najungie? Well, you and get out.” She snapped.

“Kim Najung.” Jaejoong said warningly.

“Oppa, this is my house and I wont let her insult the people who live here with me, who protect me and would risk their lives for me.”

Kyungsoo bit his lip and tried to reach for Najung, but she pulled back.

“You know what, Lee Shinah, why don’t you take your Hermes purse and get out, go to where you belong.”

Shinah’s eyes watered.

“Trust me, honey, waterworks wont move me.” Najung chuckled before stepping away from the table, she felt Kris’s eyes on her.

“Oh, and if you aren’t out in ten minutes, I’d say goodbye to your car. Bukcheon’s towing service is the best.”

 

Mark looked at Jaejoong.

“Shinah, I think it’s best if you go.” He said softly.

“Your sister just dissed me in front of everybody, Jae.” She looked at him in disbelief.

“And you just let her do it.”

“Shinah~”

“What everyone said was right, she’s a spoiled brat.” She spat.

“And what she said was right, it was wrong of you to talk like that.”

“I can’t choose you over my sister, and I’m sorry, please leave.”

 

Najung was dressed in a colored ensemble that showed her shoulders and enough of her legs as she walked in the hotel lobby, she was smiling to herself.

“That happy?” Kris was dressed in a clean-cut tuxedo as he walked beside her.

“I got rid of her.” She nodded, while smiling at him.

“Moments ago you were crying because of this event though.” Kris , Najung shrugged and just wrapped one arm around his.

“Maybe it was nice to let out anger once in a while, I heard Shinah was crying.” She mused.

Kris just shook his head at her.

“About..what your brother said earlier…”

“China?”

“That.”

“What about it?” She asked as they halted in front of the entrance, he saw Najung’s expression turn into worry but then she smiled and started to walk again.

“I don’t think~”

Camera flashes started to hit them directly, Kris sighed and gently led Najung in the room while blocking the lenses.

Kris felt Najung reach for the sleeve of his coat as they walked, he smiled.

“You were saying?” Najung looked up as they entered the place.

“We can talk about it later.” Kris nodded.

 

Najung sat with the many guests that were invited, she recognized the Songs, Haerin’s parents as well as Kai’s.

Then she saw her brother enter the event, alone.

“Hi.” Jaejoong said as he sat beside her.

“Oppa, I~”

“I’m not going to ask you to explain, it’s fine, Na.” He smiled before turning to the male beside him. Najung smiled.

“I need to use the restroom.” She said, Kris nodded and stood up.

“Kris, it’s fine, I can go alone~”

“Just go, Na.” Kris gave her a nudge.

Najung sighed and just let him follow her.

 

“We’ll stay for another, then we’ll leave, okay?” Najung said as she stepped out of the restroom, Kris nodded.

Then Najung studied his face.

“Are you feeling okay? You don’t look so well.” Her brows furrowed slightly.

“Just a little cold, let’s go back.”  Kris gestured for her to walk.

“I feel weird being here.”

“But…earlier, what did you tell him?” Kris asked.

“I told him to do what he wants to do, and that he doesn’t need me to say anything for him to decide.” She nodded, they entered the event hall and was confused when they found Kai standing by the platform, speaking to the guests.

“I’m really sorry, but I can’t do this. I cannot marry someone I know I won’t be able to cherish,” Kai glanced up, his dark orbs meeting Najung’s.

“I would not want to hurt Haerin, I’ve hurt someone before, and I deeply regret it. That’s why I won’t do this wedding. I know everyone must be disappointed in me, but I can’t do this. I can’t risk Haerin’s happiness and mine.” Kai bowed to the guests politely before stepping away.

Najung felt Kris’s hand on her shoulder and gave her a squeeze.

 

“I think it’s time we go home, Na.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++