17

Protection B*tchface

They continued to ride in silence, then Kris’s brows furrowed.

Najung was never this quiet.

“What’s eating you?” He asked.

Najung just shook her head and looked at her palms.

“Something must be, considering the stunt you pulled yesterday.”

“I already apologized for that.” She murmured, then she sighed as she unfastened her seatbelt and leaned her head against his shoulder.

Kris tensed.

“Ya~”

“I’m sure no one will pull us over, I…just don’t feel too well, is it okay for me to this?”

“This wasn’t exactly written on my contract.” He mused, just to lighten her mood.

“Have you ever felt so conflicted that you just want to..forget it all?”

Kris remained silent, he glanced at the top of her head briefly.

Najung sighed.

“I did my try my best to forget him..I guess I should have tried better.”

“What did he tell you?” Kris asked silently.

Najung sighed and pressed her forehead against his shoulder.

 

Najung walked in the party and immediately cursed to herself.

“What was Kris saying? Enjoy myself here?” She grumbled as she eyed ladies who were dressed in fancy clothes and huge earrings.

She saw Kai talking with some businessmen, while her brother was with Shinah, chatting on a table.

“Najung!” Jaejoong called to her, Najung walked to them.

“Glad you could come, baby girl.”

“Why am I here oppa? I don’t like going out.”

“No, you like going out, you don’t like going to parties like this.”

“Bingo.” She replied, Shinah leaned over to kiss her cheek.

“As always, you look pretty.” Shinah smiled at her.

“I know, I never went under the knife, so I’m pretty certain of that.”

Shinah paused, confused at her reply. She felt Jaejoong eye her questioningly.

“Najung, what are you saying?” Shinah asked softly.

“Did you get the Hermes purse you were talking~”

“Hey, sweetie, nice to see you here.” Jackson smiled wanly as he planted his hand on Najung’s mouth, Kyungsoo was behind him. Najung’s eyes arrowed.

“Hyung, we’ll take this….person.” Jackson nodded before pulling Najung with him.

 

“Na, you need to control that mouth of yours,” Kyungsoo sighed.

“You heard them at café, how could I not~” Najung blinked at Jackson.

“It’s good to have you back.” She nodded, then she felt someone tap her back.

“Jie, I saw what you did to Shinah, you owned her.” He chuckled heartily, Kyungsoo sighed again.

Jackson just smiled and wrapped one arm around Najung as he saw Kai.

“I need to get something to drink.” Najung said before stepping away from them.

 

Kris parked the car across the hotel, he was right in front of a small coffee shop. He leaned against the Hummer and sighed lightly.

Something was wrong with Najung, but it was clear that she was fighting her troubles. His brows furrowed as he touched his shoulder.

He smiled to himself.

At first, Najung repulsed him, she was hardheaded and careless, but he realized that it was just her image. Najung was caring and smart.

And a little hardheaded.

He paused.

What was he thinking?

Why were his thoughts about her?

 

Najung made her way towards the drinks bar.

“Kris, I~” She halted when she found that no one was behind her. She blinked before grabbing a drink.

“Right.” She murmured as she made her way towards the hall’s exit doors.

She didn’t like seeing her brother and Shinah, or rather Shinah being all over her brother or her brother’s assets.

She leaned against the doors, when suddenly a loud bang emanated within the room and screaming started.

It was a gunshot.

 

Najung dropped her purse.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++