32

Protection B*tchface

 

Pure rage was written on Kris’s face as one by one the SWAT team picked up the members of Tu Long Bang, most of them were injured, some were dead.

He was about to step forward when two guards stopped him. It only took one icy glance from Kris for them to step back and let him go.

 

Luhan was already onto Najung, pressing his palms on her back, to stop her wound from bleeding.

Najung was panting heavily.

“The ambulance is coming.” Luhan said as Kris knelt beside him, Kris took off his coat and pressed it on her wound.

Luhan stood up as he heard the siren nearing them. Kris gently lifted Najung in his arms and stood up.

“Hi. You’re…here.” Najung wheezed.

“Don’t talk.”

“Kris…I..how..”

“I flew here as soon as you called me earlier, let me do the talking. I need you to stay with me. Don’t ever leave, okay?” Kris’s dark orbs met her hooded eyes, Najung just nodded. The EMTs pulled out the gurney. Kris kissed her cheek gently before setting her down.

“K-Kris?”

Kris looked at her.

“You’ll be guarding my….room, right?” Najung asked softly.

Kris winced inwardly.

“Of course.” He fibbed before she was lifted to the ambulance.

 

Chanyeol and Luhan were standing behind the glass wall, they watched as the doctors operated on Najung. She had a deep wound on her back, thankfully, nothing vital had been hit, but it did cause her to cough up blood, which scared the medics earlier. It has been almost five hours since she went in the room.

Chanyeol was pacing back in forth in worry. Tao had called him earlier, saying that Jaejoong would be arriving soon.

Then they both glanced up as a man approached them.

“We were sent by his royal highness to watch over miss Kim Najung.” He said in Mandarin.

“Prince Yi Fan did?” Luhan asked.

“No, the king. He specifically asked us to coordinate with you.”

Luhan nodded and explained to Chanyeol.

“Oh we forgot about that hyung.” He said.

“About what?”

“How do you think will Na react when she finds out that China’s crown prince has been guarding her?”

 

Jaejoong walked in the hospital, his eyes were tired as he stepped in the elevator. Then he was met by three men in black and white suits, Luhan shook his hand.

“She is still undergoing the operation, his royal highness had sent his personal security detail to watch over miss Kim.”

Jaejoong noticed that there were two guards standing in every corner of the floor. Jaejoong nodded and followed Luhan.

Just a few hours ago, right after he saw the live coverage of his sister being shot, then he saw Kris retaliate.

That was when he noticed the headline below the television screen.

Kris was the son of the king, he is China’s crown prince.

He shook his head as he sat down, coffee was soon served before him. He thanked Luhan before taking the mug.

“What..about..Kris, his high~”

“Right now, he is at a guarded villa here in Beijing, I’m not sure if he will be able to come due to the circumstances.”

Well, everyone did see the crown prince shoot people on national TV.

 

Kris was wearing the traditional Hanfu, designed for the crown prince as he entered his father’s private hall. His mother went up to him and welcomed him with a hug.

“Ma, Pa, I’m back.”

His father turned to her, the man’s brows were furrowed.

“You..”

“Before you say anything, it was my duty to protect her, I was under orders that if someone were to hurt her, the person would be immediately taken down.”

“Wu Yifan, you’re a prince~”

“I know, pa. But before I went back here, I was assigned to watch over her.”

“I’ve sent my personal guard there, there’s no need for you to worry.”

Kris paused, he looked at his father with wide eyes.

“Your willingness to protect her, its not just because it’s your job, right?”

Kris looked away.

“For years, your mother and I have been trying to reach you, make you come back home. But you never did, but one phone call from her, you come back rushing here.”

“Pa~”

The man smiled.

“I have nothing against her and you, my son. But, does she know who you really are?”

“I…did not have a chance to tell her.” Kris replied, his mother squeezed his hand.

“That’s why I need to leave now, I need to speak~”

“I cant let you do that.”

“Pa~”

“Take this from your father, not the king, I care for you safety. If you step out of the palace right now, your safety will be compromised. The whole world knows who you are now, Yi Fan.”

“Don’t worry too much, I’m sure she will be okay.” His mother nodded to him.

 

“She has to be, ma.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++