34

Protection B*tchface

 

As soon as the two men entered, their eyes widened at the sight of Kris, they were about to greet him but Kris just discreetly shook his head and went to the windows.

Lawyer Park and Chief of Police Song Il Kyo were both seated across Najung’s bed, while an artist was seated on her left.

“I can describe how he looked like. He was there.” Najung nodded, Kris was standing by the window.

“This man, he said whom he was?” The chief asked, Najung shook her head.

“Aniyo, but the other men, that’s what they called him.”

“Then, please, describe him.”

Najung spoke with the artist, as she talked, her fingers started to tremble slightly, but she went on, ignoring the horrible flashbacks she was getting from trying to recall the incident.

Kris watched as Najung continued to explain, her lips had gone pale. He pushed himself off the window and started to walk towards the door, then Najung looked up.

She was looking at him questioningly.

“I’m going to get you something to eat. I’ll be back.” He said assuringly. Najung nodded, then he left the room.

 

“How is she doing?” Kris met Jaejoong as he walked towards the lobby.

“She’s still speaking with them, I’m going to get her something to eat.”

Jaejoong nodded.

“But, Kris?”

Kris turned to him.

“Do..you love my sister?”

Kris looked away, not knowing how to answer.

“I’m not really the type who interferes, but please, just don’t hurt her. I guess you know what happened between her and Kai right?”

Kris could only nod.

“I won’t.”

 

“Yes, he shot her twice. At the chest and head.” Najung swallowed, she kept her hands together as she spoke. Lawyer Park nodded as he listened.

“Are you feeling ill, young miss?”

“Aniyo, please continue asking me questions.”

“Then, did he say anything that might lead you as to why Tu Long Bang’s leader would hurt you and your family?” The attorney asked.

“Yes, I remember. My father…he refused to take some person’s account. He didn’t accept the client because he thought there was something wrong about his account’s records.”

“Then, it was at a party, I went to the restroom with my mother, that’s when they took us. After, they brought us to a warehouse. They started talking about abeoji, that’s where I found out why they took us. But eomma, she refused to speak on the phone when they called my father. That’s why they killed her.” Tears started to fall on her cheeks.

Kris entered the room carrying a packet of warm milk and sandwich with him. He set them on the table beside Najung.

“I think..that’s everything.” She nodded, the chief was already looking at the artist’s sketch of Tu Long Bang’s leader.

“Uhm, can I see it?” Najung asked, the paper was handed to her. Kris leaned forward and glanced at it. His jaw clenched slightly and he stood back.

“Thank you, miss Kim.”

“Don’t worry, you’re under protection now.” The chief shook her hand before he left.

Lawyer Park gave her a smile as he left. Najung sighed as soon the doors closed behind the two males.

Najung reached for the sandwich and peeled it open.

“It’s three in the morning, did I wake you up or something?”

“I was prowling, remember?” Kris grinned before sitting across her, she made a face before eating.

“Your brother went home, I think Tao is speaking with your physician.”

“My back feels itchy and there’s something,” She shook her head.

“I’m proud of you Na, you finally did it, but I was hoping you wouldn’t have to get hurt by doing so.”

“I had to do it, no matter what.”

“I should leave you to sleep,” Kris said, Najung shrugged.

“Oppa said we’d by flying back to Seoul next week, finally, right?” She smiled, Kris felt his chest tighten.

“Yes, it’s a relief.” Kris caressed her cheek before standing.

“Night, face.” She chuckled as Kris helped her lie down.

“Good night, young miss.” Kris replied while smiling.

 

Chanyeol entered the room, Tao and Jaejoong were inside, Najung was having brunch. Tao was watching television while Jaejoong was discussing Najung’s security detail with Kris and Luhan.

“Oh, hey Yeol.” Najung said as she chewed on her oatmeal bar.

“Hello, Na.” Chanyeol chirped back and plopped beside Tao.

“Right, I haven’t seen today’s paper.” Najung blinked as she looked around, searching for the newspaper.

Jaejoong’s eyes went to Kris, while Tao concentrated on the screen, pretending that he didn’t hear her.

“Oppa, paper? Chanyeol? I would like to see the paper, please.”

 

 

The whole room turned quiet.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++