33

Protection B*tchface

 

“It’s been two days.” Jaejoong chewed on his lip worriedly, Tao was beside him, he had arrived last night.

“You have to understand, ge. She was injured badly. And jie jie was stressed.” Tao said, he was speaking to the doctor earlier.

Luckily, Najung was safe now. All she had to do was heal and wake up.

“She wanted to speak with the embassy, but why?” Tao looked at his cousin.

“She..wasn’t afraid anymore. She wanted to speak about our…mother’s death and the man who killed her.” Jaejoong nodded, as if trying to explain himself.

“But how did they find her? No one knew she was here.”

“Before they left, Najung had called Kris, the line wasn’t secure. Her call was tapped.”

Tao shook his head.

“We have to get them, and hunt them down.”

 

Chanyeol was using his right hand while talking on the phone, his left shoulder had been shot and his arm was now in a sling.

“She’s still asleep.” He replied, he heard Kris sigh from the other line.

“Tao arrived last night, hyung, I mean~”

“Just call me how you used to Chanyeol.” Kris said. Chanyeol smiled.

“Hyung..it wont be the same..right?”

Kris didn’t reply.

“Just call me if anything happens. I will try to come later.”

Chanyeol sighed and put the phone down.

 

Jaejoong pushed the door open as soon as the screaming started. Najung was squirming on her bed, her movements were restricted due to the wound on her back.

“Najung!” Jaejoong sat beside her, and gently pressed her back.

“Don’t move, you’re hurt.” Jaejoong chided softly. Tao entered the room with hodded eyes.

“Eomma…that person…”

Her eyes were still closed but she stopped screaming.

“Na, you’re okay. You’re in the hospital.”

Najung’s eyes opened.

“Kris…I need….tell him..I need to talk to…the..lawyer..now.” She sputtered.

“Na, Kris isn’t~”

“Call him, oppa….Now.”

 

Kris put his phone in his pocket and grabbed his jacket, he was about to step out of his room when Luhan went in and locked the door behind him.

“Luhan, I need to go~”

“I know, but you have six guards just outside the hall and six more by the doors.”

Kris tensed and he looked away.

“She’s awake, you know.”

“I know, Chanyeol called, that’s why I’m here.” The latter grinned. Then he walked towards the window and pushed them open.

“Thank god for two story traditional houses.” He murmured as he looked down, he tossed a set of keys to Kris before leaping down.

“Come on, your highness.” He grinned as Kris looked down, the taller one rolled his eyes and effortlessly leapt down.

“Don’t worry about the cameras, I asked Yixing to take care of it.”

Kris nodded as they made their way out of the garden.

“It’s good to have you back though, I’m not sure if you’re staying.” Luhan mused as they reached the black SUV.

“You’re right, I’m not staying.” Kris nodded as they got in the vehicle.

 

Najung was sitting up, Jaejoong was helping her drink some water when Kris entered the room with Luhan. Tao greeted the older males politely before stepping out.

“I called the embassy, they’re sending over Lawyer Park and the chief of police arrived earlier. They are both on their way here.” Kris said evenly. Jaejoong nodded.

“Thanks for coming, Kris.” Jaejoong clasped his shoulder briefly before leaving.

Luhan checked the windows and tables for any bugs before facing them.

“All safe, glad to see those dark cunning eyes, Najung.” He grinned before stepping out of the room, Najung managed to roll her eyes.

Kris was tensed as he sat on the chair beside Najung.

“If you’re going to blame yourself for this,” She gestured towards her wound.

“Don’t. I forgot that my calls could be tapped. You told me that plenty of times already. Mian.”

“Najung, no. It’s my fault. Your phone had a secure line, Mark prepared it for you. But…a few days ago I broke mine and the agency issued me a new one, but I didn’t get to program it when you called.”

“At least you shot the guy who almost killed me, well, you kind of killed him though.” She nodded while looking at her fingers.

“What made you…decided to tell them?” Kris brushed her bangs from her face, then his forehead furrowed slightly in confusion as he noticed her hair.

“Luhan said I should choose a more..natural color.”

“I like it.” Kris nodded with a smile.

“I realized..that, well, their only goal was to kill me. At least before I die, I would have helped in stopping them, right?”

“You’re not going to die.” Kris stated.

“But~”

“What did I say? I’m here to protect you, I’m not giving up yet, so don’t.”

Najung smiled and looked up.

“Where were you? Yeol had to call you, I thought you were outside, prowling.” She mused, Kris bit his lip before replying.

“I had some things…to do, paperwork.”

She nodded, then she stretched her arms to him, Kris smiled and gently hugged her. Then they heard a knock from the door.

“They’re here.” He said, he saw Najung tense slightly.

“Can you stay while I talk?” Her tone was hopeful.

“Najung, I don’t think they’d~”

 

 

“Well, you’re my bodyguard right? You should stay.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++