40

Protection B*tchface

 

Luhan chuckled.

“My Najung’s a reformed student now, she wont escape.” He replied.

“Your Najung?” Kris’s brows rose up, Najung blinked and glanced around.

“Are you expecting for media trucks to appear?” Luhan asked.

“No, I’m expecting them to be here already.”

Kris smiled and walked to them.

“I’ll see you later, Na.” Luhan patted her hand before leaving.

 

“Fire away.” Kris mused as Najung walked with him.

“How come you’re here? Do your parents know you’re here?”

“First, I kind of work here, you know.” Kris smiled, Najung nodded slowly.

“Second, they do. They know I’m here.”

“But…you have duties.”

“Duties?”

“Hwang sae ja.(Crown prince.)”

“I…resigned.” Kris smiled, he took her hand and wrapped her arm around his. Najung tensed slightly bit she nodded.

“You can do that?”

“For special reasons, yes.”

Najung grinned slightly.

“Why resign? Its~”

“I don’t like it. I wasn’t built for palace life.”

“Right, you have the tendency to shoot things.” She chuckled slightly. Kris stopped walking, Najung blinked at him.

“I just arrived, can’t I get a hug from you?” Kris asked, Najung smiled.

“I’m going to be in a tabloid again. Ex Crown Prince Seen with Kim Najung!” She chuckled before wrapped her arms around Kris.

Kris just smiled and squeezed her to him. Then Najung balked and pulled away.

“You’re just in jeans and a sweater!” She chuckled, Kris rolled his eyes.

“Today’s my day off, young miss.” He said dryly as they walked towards the car.

“Are you driving me home?”
“Yes, do you have some place in mind?”

“There is.” She smiled.

 

Kris’s brows furrowed as they stopped in front of a gravestone. He read the Chinese characters silently, and he looked at Najung.

“It’s my mom.” Najung nodded while looking at the horizon.

“I’ve always wanted to come, but I couldn’t.” She briefly turned to Kris.

“Eomma, this is his royal highness, well, ex prince of China, Kris. Somehow, he became my bodyguard. Funny, right? He needs more guarding than me.”

Kris smiled softly and patted her back comfortingly as tears silently dropped on her cheeks.

“Eomma, I miss you so much.” She stuttered slightly and looked away.

“I don’t know if it’s a good thing, but I’ve already stopped dreaming about the last time we were together. All I remember are…just the good times. You like..that right, Mrs. Kim?” She smiled as her tears continued to fall.

“I should greet her.” Kris said softly.

“Hello, Mrs. Kim, I’m Kris. I met your daughter months ago, she’s very….unpredictable, but she’s very special. Everyone loves her even though she can be quite difficult.”

Najung shook her head.

“I want to thank you, Mrs. Kim, for giving birth to Najung. She has the ability to change the people around her.” Kris finished. Najung paused and looked up at him.

“Listen well.” Kris said to her softly, Najung blinked but she nodded.

“She’s the reason why I gave up the throne, even though before I’ve always wanted to escape, but she made realize why I really want it. Not just because I want to rebel, but because I finally realized where I belong, or where I want to be.”

“Kris, you~”

Kris shook his head at her.

“I came here with my parents’ blessing, they said I would be a fool if I let go of your daughter. You see it’s funny because they weren’t mad when I gave up the crown, but I got yelled at when I hesitated to fly back here, Mrs. Kim.”

Najung bit her lip in confusion.

 

 

“I…love your daughter, do you think she’ll accept me?”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++