29

Protection B*tchface

Chanyeol winced as he pushed the door open, it was around two in the morning and Najung was screaming in her sleep.

He found Luhan already trying to wake her up.

“No!....Eomma…I didn’t..” She was sobbing now. Luhan slowly pulled her up. Chanyeol switched on the lights.

“Na. Najung, wake up.” Chanyeol bent down and tried tapping her cheeks. Her forehead had become damp with sweat.

“Let us go!” She yelled, and then her eyes opened. She froze and looked around her.

“Kris…I…It was…Kris, I was..It was…my mom..again.” Her eyesight adjusted in the darkness.

“Yeol….Luhan,” She breathed.

“I’ll go get you some water, Luhan hyung, can you help her sit?”

 

Najung sat down on the couch, Luhan took the stool and handed her a damp towel.

“It’s been three days straight, I must be driving everyone in the house crazy.”

Luhan smiled at her.

“Not yet.”

Najung smiled, her lips were pale and cracked.

“You haven’t been eating well too, is something wrong Najung?” He asked softly.

“I..Can..you tell me about them?”

“Tu Long Bang?”

“I need to know who they are..What they do.”

Luhan’s brows furrowed then he stood up.

“Come with me.”

 

“How is she?” Kris’s voice was tensed as he spoke.

“She’s fine, but…the nightmares, hyung, she’s been losing sleep for the past few days.”

Kris nodded from the other side, he was frowning.

“Is she awake now?” Kris asked.

“Yes, she..was shouting earlier, I think Luhan hyung’s trying to calm her down.”

“Arasso, call me if anything happens.”

“Yes..and hyung…Najung..she’s been..”

“What?”

Chanyeol bit his lip.

Looking for you.

For the past few nights, when Najung would be having her nightmares, she would often search for Kris. There were times when she would accidentally call him.

“Nothing, see you hyung.”

 

Najung entered the office, Luhan made her sit on one of the leather seats. Luhan switched on the wall-mounted screen.

“Tu Long Bang.” Luhan murmured, there was a flow chart on the screen, there were faces on each slot, but the top one remained empty.

“That….their leader.” Luhan told her, Najung winced and looked away. She knew how he looked like, she just didn’t have the courage to open yet.

“Tu Long Bang was detected ten years ago, they have over two dozen assassinations on their case. Most of their victims are politicians or..important people.”

“They..traffic drugs, illegal firearms and..human trafficking.”

A picture flashed on the screen.

“Even children?” She looked at Luhan.

“Yes, we’ve been trying to track them down, other countries are trying to trace them, but..nothing.” Luhan shook his head.

“They hurt a lot of people.” Najung’s brows furrowed as photos continued to flash on the screen. Luhan nodded.

“That’s…all I can tell you, get some sleep, Najung.” He stood up and switched the screen off.

Najung exhaled and stepped out of the room.

“Right,”

Luhan looked up.

“Can I go around the city tomorrow? I need some..clothes. I didn’t know it can get this cold here.”

“Sure, I’ll arrange it for you tomorrow.”

“Thanks.”

 

“President, it’s a call.”

The man seated on the leather seat looked up as his secretary stepped in. He nodded and picked up the phone on his table.

“Who is it?” He asked him.

“It’s his royal highness, King Wu Jin Tian.”

President Park Geunhye nodded.

“Is something wrong?” He asked in a kind tone. He had known the king even before China had switched back to monarchy.

“I need your help, Geunhye.”

“On..what?”

“Remember my son? I asked you to help him.”

The president nodded, remembering the young man’s face.

 

 

“I can’t contact him, can..you do something?”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++