42

Protection B*tchface

 

Najung looked up as the doors to her office opened, then three men came in with her secretary looking confused at the same time.

“Sorry, ma’am they just~”

“It’s okay, they’re my friends.” She nodded while eyeing the three.

“I don’t see anyone guarding you.” Mark commented as he sat down on one of the leather seats, Jackson gave her a cheeky smile before placing a huge vase of flowers on her table, big enough to cover her torso. Najung sniffed slightly before standing.

“You look good, Na. How are you feeling?” Kyungsoo asked before giving her a tight hug.

“I’m actually fine, but the next time you three decide to come, can you at least call not just barge in?”

“What’s the point in it? We love to disturb you!” Jackson nodded solemnly before sitting down.

“So, I don’t see Kris.” Mark said as she sat down, Najung paused.

“What does that question mean?”

Kyungsoo snorted.

“You think we don’t watch the news? It was pretty amazing when we saw you at that hospital’s roof, looking all pale and sick.”

Najung looked away.

“Knowing you, he already told you he loves you but you didn’t say it back.” Jackson nodded to himself. Najung smiled at him.

“Ya, how can you do that? He~”

“I know, but…I don’t know.” Najung frowned slightly.

“Is this because he’s a prince?” Kyungsoo asked her.

“Squishy, no~”

“I mean, because of whom he is, you would get attention. People would look at you and I know you don’t like that. Is that the thing that’s holding you back?”

Najung looked at her fingers, her shoulders tensed.

“Na, it’s okay. You never cared about them before, why now?”

“You know my background, it’s not exactly very nice. What would people say?”

Mark looked up, his brows rose.

“You think you’re not good enough?” The Tuan heir asked.

“Na, there are only a few women like you left, don’t think like that.” Mark shook his head at her.

The door opened, then Kris and Luhan went in.

“Hey, wangjanim.” Jackson mused, Kris shook his head at him.

“Na, you have a meeting at Garuso-gil.” Luhan informed her.

“Run along, Na. We’ll come by later for dinner.”

 

Luhan went ahead to get the car, Kris walked with her towards the elevator.

“I want to dye my hair again, I really loved that lavender tone.” She muttered.

Kris smiled.

“That was pretty too.” He nodded.

Najung bit her lip slightly, then she gently looped her arm around his. Kris looked at her questioningly.

“I’m using this opportunity to show around how great my bodyguard is, he is of royal blood too.”

“How many crown prince jokes should I receive in a day?” Kris replied while smiling.

“Anyway, I’m making dinner tonight. Let’s ditch the meeting and head to mart. Shall we? Shall we?”

 

Kris just shook his head at her.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++