20

Protection B*tchface

 

Kris was inside his office, reading when his phone started to vibrate in his coat pocket, he took out the device and looked at the screen.

His brows met briefly.

It has been weeks since they started to contact him again.

And no way in hell did he have plans answering their calls.

 

 

 

Jackson looked at his friend in worry as Kai walked to them. Najung was frowning.

“What..brings you here?” Najung asked, Jackson walked back to the house.

“I should get Kris,” He murmured as he turned the knob, then he almost tripped forward, Kris stepped out of the house.

Jackson watched as the tall male walked towards Najung.

“Hmm.”

 

“I..just wanted to see if you’re okay.” Kai said, Najung nodded.

“I’m fine, Kai. You…can go now.”

“Najung…I need you back in my life.”

Najung almost laughed.

“Today…you’re getting married today, Kai. Why are you still here?”

“Because I got the wrong bride.” He answered simply, Najung’s frown deepened.

“You’re in the wrong place too.”

“No, Na, please…just one word, I’ll..stop.”

“Has it ever occurred to you that you hurt me and I don’t want you back?”

Kai reached for cheek and cupped it gently, thankful that Najung let him touch her.

“That’s why I’m here…to make it up to you.”

Najung felt tears slide on her cheeks.

“It won’t work, nothing worked for us, Kai.”

“Najung~”

“I’m sorry. I can’t risk getting hurt again, but…if you don’t want to get married, then don’t. You always knew what to do.” She smiled at him as tears stained her cheeks.

“I love you, Na.” Kai almost whispered.

Najung nodded.

“I know.” She said before turning away.

 

Kris watched as the other male walked back to his car, then he left. His eyes landed on Najung’s face, he grew alarmed as he saw her face.

“Hey,” Kris said softly, while taking out his handkerchief. Najung looked up to stop her tears.

“I…I think…I just let go..of him.” She said, her eyes were swollen and empty.

“Najung~”

“I should be happy but…I feel bad. It’s…strange. I was so sure~” She started to cry. Kris sighed and gently wrapped his arms around her, he rubbed her back.

“Kris, I~”

“You don’t need to explain, it’s okay to cry, Na.”

 

Najung went back to the house with Kris behind her.

“Oh, hey, Na, you might want to check out on Kyungsoo.” Mark said to her before heading up to the stairs. She blinked, Kris gave her shoulder a pat before walking to his office.

Najung walked to the kitchen and found Kyungsoo, leaning against the counter, his eyes wide with horror.

“Kyung~”

Shinah was helping her brother cook. She was slicing some vegetables.

Najung studied her work, she winced.

She put a while onion into the pot of boiling soup, Najung looked at DO.

“Oppa, how’s the food going?” She asked, while discreetly pulling Kyungsoo aside.

“It will be ready in a while, could you get Kris for me, baby girl?”

“…Sure.”

 

“Can you uproot her from the kitchen? You have one of the most up to date kitchens, Na.” DO said to her as they stepped out.

Najung chuckled.

“Just earlier you wanted me to behave, and now look, it’s your don’t-touch-the-squishy mode.”

DO glared at her before joining Jackson in the living room.

 

Kris walked in the kitchen, Jaejoong looked up and gave him a warm smile. Najung lifted herself up on the counter and watched as Shinah made a face as Jaejoong started talking to Kris.

“Oh, unnie, you can start cleaning up, it gets messy and Kyungsoo gets cranky.” She said in a soft tone. Shinah’s eyes widened at her but she started to pick up the wrappers.

“You wanted to talk?” Kris asked.

“Yes, my father and I discussed about Najung’s safety last night.”

Najung glanced up, Kris had his arms crossed while leaning on the counter beside her, while her brother was tasting the soup.

“Yes,”

“Well, we decided if she take a break and step out of the country for a while.”

“Well…it seems to be a good idea,” Kris nodded, he glanced at Najung, whose brows were raised at her brother.

“35.0000° North, 103.0000° East.”

As soon as Jaejoong replied, Najung saw Kris visibly tense.

"Numbers, I asked for a place and you give me numbers." Najung grumbled.

 

 

"Those are coordinates, Na." Kris murmured uncomfortably.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++