19

Protection B*tchface

Chanyeol sighed as he watched Najung sleep, Jaejoong was speaking with her attending physician, while Kris stood by the doors, not knowing what to do.

“This is going to cause trouble.” Yeol sighed, Kris could only nod.

“Did they get anything from the man?”

Kris nodded.

“They said someone handed him a bug amount of money and gave them Najung’s picture. He was asked to assassinate her.”

“Isn’t this too messy, a big gang like Tu Long Bang would~”

“You don’t see it, they just want her dead. It doesn’t matter who gets dragged down, as long as Na dies.” Kris’s jaw became taut as he spoke.

 

Najung opened her eyes, her brows furrowed as she adjusted to the darkness in the room, she glanced to her left and saw Kris standing by the window, the light coming from the outside outlined his tall frame and features, then Najung frowned.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to..Yes…”

“You sent me out to watch~ It won’t happen again.” Kris turned, his eyes met hers. He walked to the wall and switched on the lights. Najung waved him over.

“Well, sir, I need~”

Najung yanked the phone from his hand.

“Najung,” Kris’s eyes widened, as Najung pressed the phone on her ear.

“Good evening, mister…?”

“It’s Han Gilsook, is this miss Kim?”

“Yes, it’s me. While I appreciate that you’re worried on how Kris is performing on his job, but you don’t have to yell at him for not being able to attend some meeting. I almost got shot earlier, if he didn’t come back I would have died. And you would have failed your job.”

Miss~

“And, stop yelling at him. He was assigned to me, for now, stop making him attend meetings. We all have phones, anyway, right?”

Najung put the phone down, Kris eyed her warily.

“That…well, I had to.” She shrugged while rubbing her temples.

“Are you..feeling better?”

“I recall you were the one bleeding, so why am I the one wearing the hospital gown?” She asked, Kris took his phone from the bed.

“You collapsed and you were..shaking badly.”

Najung nodded quietly. She looked at Kris, his wound was now cleaned.

“I so did not enjoy myself at the party.” She commented, Kris nodded and sat beside her.

“It was a bad idea, huh?”

“Don’t ask that, we didn’t see that coming.” Najung nodded.

“I know I should have gone with you.”

“Come on, face, don’t blame yourself. I…I’ve kind of accepted it already.”

Kris looked at her; he bit his lip and gently pushed her hair out of her face.

“This is..useless, Kris. It doesn’t matter how many guards they put in front of me, Tu Long Bang will still kill me. I will..still…die.” She looked at her fingers.

“That’s not true.” Kris said after a few seconds.

“I will not give up on you, Na. You know that.” He faced her, Najung smiled.

“I guess I’m on house arrest, huh?”

“You said it.” Kris chuckled before stepping down from the bed.

“Go back to sleep, you need it.” He nodded to her, Najung lay down again, then she reached for his hand.

“But..thanks, for doing that.”

 

“I still have to attend that wedding though, can we just remove that?” Najung asked, Mark rolled his eyes at her.

“What would people think Na? Rumors would just start.” Kyungsoo explained, Tao nodded along with the older male.

“In a few minutes, Jaejoong hyung’s coming with Shinah, should I go get the duct tape?” Jackson queried, they were at the living room, chatting.

Najung sent him a look.

“Are you okay?” Mark nudged Najung.

“I’m…coping.” She nodded, she glanced up as she saw Kris enter the front door and walked to his office.

Najung stood up and followed him.

Mark smiled to himself before sending Kyungsoo a knowing look.

 

Kris took off his coat and hung it on the rack, suddenly the doors opened.

“Uhm..hey.” He said dryly as Najung plopped on his seat.

“Shinah’s coming.”

“Her ciming terrifes you but that~” Kris paused, as he noticed the dark shadows underneath her eyes.

“Did you sleep well?” He asked her.

“Not..so, do I look that bad?” She asked him, Kris shook his head. Najung’s eyes went to the guns on his table, she shifted uncomfortably. Kris frowned before walking to his desk and putting the guns inside his drawer.

“Must I put up with that person today? I just got out of the hospital.” She grumbled as she spun the chair around, Kris smiled and stopped the chair.

“You should be outside, greeting your guests.”

“But she’s there.” She grumbled, Kris just pulled her from the chair.

 

Najung eyed Shinah’s Chanel dress and the Hermes purse that dangling on her arm, she felt Kyungsoo press his palm on her back, a reminder for her to behave.

“Oh, oppa.” She smiled as Jaejoong hugged her tightly.

“I was so worried, are you feeling better?”

Najung nodded as Shinah proceeded to press her cheek against hers, over her shoulder, Najung’s eye twitched, Jackson chuckled.

“I’m here to cook for you, anything you like?” Jaejoong asked, Najung sighed in relief.

“Anything oppa, that’s your forte.” She mused before walking to Jackson and dragging him to the front door.

“What now?”

“Can..you dig some stuff about her?”

“That’s kind of illegal, miss sunshine.” He mused, Najung sighed.

“I just need to know about her.”

“You can ask your brother.”

“He would just be suspicious of me.” She explained, then they both turned as the gates opened.

“Who~”

Najung halted as Jongin slid down from the car.

 

 

“From what I can remember…his wedding’s this afternoon.” Jackson blinked.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++