15

Protection B*tchface

 

“Something must be so wrong for you to be here this late.” Najung said in her usual flat tone as they sat on the steel chairs at the garden, Kai was seated across her.

Kai smiled, used to her arctic tone.

“I needed to talk to someone who’s level headed.”

“Don’t you have anyone?” Najung sighed and crossed her arms.

“I came back for you, Na.” Kai faced her.

Najung shook her head.

“I’m going to attend your wedding next week, see you then.” She stood up and was about to walk back to the house, when Kai grabbed her wrist and made her face him.

“Kai, what are you~”

“My marriage, it’s political.”

Najung sighed and grabbed her wrist back.

“I see no point in telling me that, good night.” She replied, but Kai kept his grip on her firm.

“One word..just one word from you, Na. Tell me not to do it, and I’ll stop this.”

Najung shook his head at him.

“You’ve gone crazy, Kim Jongin.” She spat before going to the house.

 

 

Kris heard the door shut with a bang, he was in his office, reading some documents. He checked the screen and saw Kai’s vehicle exiting the property.

He was about to go up to check on Najung when his phone rang.

“Yes, sir.” He answered.

“You’re required to come to office tomorrow.”

“Yes, I understand.”

 

Najung woke up around seven in the morning and headed down, she paused when she saw that Chanyeol and her were the only ones in the dining room.

“Kris?” She asked as she picked up a piece of toast, Chanyeol filled her glass with juice.

“He left earlier, it seems that he’s needed at the office.”

Najung eyed his attire.

“Are you going out too?”

“In a few, the office called me too. I can trust you, right?” Chanyeol smiled at her.

“Maybe.” She grinned back before eating.

“Najung-ah, are you okay? About..Kai~”

“I’m fine, I don’t even know why he came here. He’s strange.” She shrugged nonchalantly.

 

Najung grinned as she picked up her phone and sent Tao a message. She headed towards her closet and picked some clothes before heading to the bathroom.

Her brows furrowed as the water hit her back.

“I came back for you, Na.”

It was all so wrong, how can Kai still have that affect her?

She swore she would forget about him, she was so confident when she found out that Kai had left the country. She was so sure that her feelings also left, but last night after talking with him, she realized she was a fool.

He still that affect on her.

Najung shook her head to herself.

She needed fresh air, she needed to think.

 

Tao’s inconspicuous black Ferrari Italia slithered away from the gates, inside the vehicle, Najung was clad in her ripped skinny jeans and baggy Givenchy sweater as she switched on the music.

“I didn’t know you could escape easily, jie.” Tao mused as he stepped on the pedal, bordering the speed limit.

“Just my luck.” She mused to herself as she leaned on the seat.

“Is something bothering you?”

“I need to talk DO..or Mark, anyone.”

 

“I’ll pick you up later after work.” Tao nodded as Najung slid down from the car.

“See you.” Najung replied before closing the door, Tao had dropped her at Garosugil.

She walked towards Mango Six, she found Mark sitting with two cups of mango slushie.

“You needed me?” Mark asked her as she sat down.

“Kai..went to my place last night.” Her brows furrowed and looked at her fingers. Mark frowned, it was strange. Najung was fidgeting.

“What did he say?” He asked, before Najung could reply, he saw Nara making her way to them.

“He~”

“Oh, you’re out under the sun today, psycho.” Nara chirped, Najung was about to turn to her.

“I am actually having a conversation with my friend, if you diss her again, I can ask the management to make you leave.” Mark snapped, his cold eyes not leaving Nara’s.

“O—ppa~”

Kyungsoo blinked as he arrived at their table, he slowly sat down and eyed his two friends.

“We’re not close, don’t call me that.” Mark finished, Nara’s eyes narrowed before walking away from them.

“Thanks.” Najung sighed.

“I owed you one.” Mark replied.

“Honestly, I don’t know what to do.” Najung said.

“Did something happen?” Kyungsoo asked, curling a lock of her hair behind her ear.

“Kai went to her place last night.” Mark said.

“What?! Why would~Who let him in?!”

“Kyungsoo..it’s not like that. He said he wanted to talk, so…we did.”

“Na, I thought you said you don’t want to see him.”

“He..looked so sad, then he told me..about his marriage.” Najung bit her lip.

“He told me it was political.”

“Arranged? Kai’s arranged to marry that giril?” Kyungsoo blinked.

“I don’t understand, Na. How does that affect you? Maybe he just wanted to tell you.” Mark intervened.

“He told me he came back for me and asked me to stop him from marrying her.”

 

Kyungsoo exhaled.

“Well, he has good strategy, bringing the wedding here to Seoul.”

“I don’t like this. He…scares me…a lot.” Najung murmured.

“I think he still in love with you.” Mark said bluntly.

“You’re worse than Jackson.” Kyungsoo replied.

“But~”

“I know, she’s pretty. But she’s too cold and uptight, the total opposite of Jaejoong.”

“I heard she went under the knife too.”

“But, I met the family already, it’s all in for me now.”

Najung turned her head slowly, she saw Shinah sitting with a friend a few tables from them.

“I can’t imagine, how big is their house?”

“Four floors, and he promised he would buy me that Hermes purse we’ve been talking about.”

“The family’s perfect, the Kims are loaded.”

“You don’t have to tell me that, but I find it degrading that they talk to their helpers as if they’re friends. It’s disgusting. Especially the sister.”

Najung turned to her friends, Kyungsoo’s brows furrowed while Mark was grinning.

“Well, another problem of mine.” She stretched her palms towards Mark.

“I need it by four.” Mark took out his keys and handed it to her.

“Ya, stop! You’re not supposed to~” Kyungsoo groaned as Najung left their table and walked out of the restaurant.

 

Kris was in a meeting when his phone started to vibrate.

He slowly took out the device and read the message.

The young miss left earlier. We cannot locate her.

His jaws clenched and unclenched. He slowly stood up.

“Is something wrong, agent Wu?” His superior asked.

“Kim Najung disappeared from the house, I need to look for her.”

"Agent Wu, we're in a meeting." One of the higher ups looked at him.

 

"Would you rather I let her just roam around when Tu Long Bang is out to kill her?"

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++