25

Protection B*tchface

 

Kris shook his head as he went inside his office.

What was he doing?

Why was he always looking for Najung?

He rubbed his temples in frustration.

Earlier when he saw her alone and sad, he wanted to hug her. He wanted to keep her in his arms, away from danger.

Away from everything.

He felt his phone vibrate in his pocket, he took out the device and looked at the screen.

Kris exhaled before throwing it against the wall.

 

Najung watched as the help started to slowly pack her clothes. Then she noticed a certain photograph underneath one of the shelves.

She picked it up and smiled softly.

It was a photo of her and Kai.

“Kai.” She whispered, then she flipped the photo. Her brows furrowed, the photo was new, its edges were still sharp.

She read the note that was in Kai’s hand.

Whatever happens to my wedding, can we talk after?

You know where to find me.

Najung’s brows furrowed.

“When did this…”

She remembered the time Kai delivered the invitation, she just yanked out the card and tossed the envelope away.

She bit her lip before grabbing her purse.

 

Chanyeol winced to himself as he noticed one of the cars were missing.

He had thought Najung was resting in her room. The four guards were all roaming around the house’s perimeter, searching for her.

But Yeol knew.

She left.

 

The Ferrari Spider parked inside Namsan Park’s lot. Najung slid down and put on a beanie before heading towards the entrance. She tied her silver lavender hair in a loose bun as she headed in.

She took a walk and watched as families and elders passed by, she smiled as she remembered her parents.

Her mother loved this park, she usually took her and Jaejoong here for a walk when they were still kids. For her father, he didn’t enjoy the outdoors that much, Najung got that from him. He would usually find a small café for them to eat and rest.

Najung rubbed her arms, then she looked up and saw Kai, waiting by the pond.

 

Kyungsoo was dining with Tao, Mark and Jackson.

“I don’t get it, why does jie jie have to leave? I just arrived from China.” Tao murmured, Jackson grinned while fiddling with his phone.

“Did you speak to her? Does she want to go?” Mark asked.

“Not really, jie jie doesn’t seem to care a lot. But she’s bringing Chanyeol hyung and her guards with her.”

“What about Kris?” Kyungsoo looked up, Mark smiled.

“I’m not so sure.”

“Wait, Na’s going to China right?” Jackson looked up from his device.

“Yeah, why?” Kyungsoo looked up.

“I think there’s something big going on there, about their monarchy.”

“Monarchy? I thought they were communists..?” Mark looked up.

Kyungsoo groaned.

“Guys, does that really matter now?”

“Can we ask Na to take a picture with the king?” Jackson perked up, Mark rolled his eyes.

“Are you not worried that our Najung is leaving?” Kyungsoo asked.

“She’s going to be safe there, besides, Na can’t speak Mandarin hyung, the lesser chances of her stepping out for a late night rendezvous.” Mark mused to himself.

 

Kai glanced up as Najung took off her sunglasses.

“You read the note?”

“I just saw it, sorry.” She bit her lip, Kai nodded.

“How are you feeling?” She asked while looking at the water.

“I’m shipping myself back to Japan.” He smiled. Najung’s brows furrowed but she nodded.

“..Your parents..?” Najung asked.

“They weren’t happy about it, but I know I did the right thing.”

“That’s good then, Kai.” Then Najung reached for her wrist and unclasped the silver bracelet.

“I’m giving this back.” She said, the charms on the chain softly clanked against each other.

“Don’t. You keep it. I did say I would fill it up with charms.” He said as he took out something from his pocket.

“Kai, I~”

Kai yanked out the heart shaped charm and replaced it with another.

A small silver charm in the form of a ribbon.

“I’m going to be a friend, whether you like it or not. Keep that, as a memory.” He nodded to her. Najung looked at the charm.

“It would be awkward if I leave the heart.” He murmured as he tossed the heart charm to the river.

“I’m leaving tomorrow.”

“I’ll..miss you Kai.” Najung said. Kai faced her and slowly opened his arms.

“Can…I?” He asked, his eyes moistened as he looked at her. Najung nodded, Kai slowly wrapped his arms around her.

“It might take a while before I come back, I need to forget you, Na. Japan can do that right?” He smiled softly; Najung nodded and hugged him back.

“Take care, Kim Jongin. Don’t skip meals, you often do that.”

Kai chuckled softly and kissed her hair.

“Thank you, Na.”

Najung just nodded and felt her eyes getting wet.

Kai slowly let go of her.

“I know you’re not good with goodbyes, so..I’ll be going first.” Najung nodded as she kissed his cheek.

“See you soon…Kai.” She said before turning away from him.

 

Najung arrived at the house, she slid down from the car and was immediately welcomed by Chanyeol.

“Najung, where were you?”

“I had something to do~”

Kris stepped out of the house, then he grabbed the car keys from her hand rashly.

“I thought we talked about this. You left at night!” Kris’s tone was terrifyingly cold. Najung flinched.

“Kris, I had to go alone, I~”

“There’s always an excuse for everything, right. I forgot.” Kris said before turning away from  her.

Najung tried to reach for his arm, but Kris yanked it back.

 

 

“You don’t need to explain anymore, I’m sick of listening to your excuses.” He said before walking back to the house.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++